Hughesnetdisgusting advertisement

S

HughesNet has homepage where ads appear that are disgusting. Most recently, there is an animal rights group called WSPA that has a photo of a bear being mauled my dogs. Click on the photo and it tells how in Pakistan "bear baiting" is common, where a bear, minus his teeth, is chained down and dogs are allowed to attack it. Every time I log on I have to look at that disgusting photo. I contacted HughesNet and they said there is nothing I can do about it. If I am offended by it what about kids that log on and see it. It's just wrong.

• Ar
    Art Aug 03, 2011

When you type in a search for HughesNet, you will get pages and pages of dealers with all of the pages pretending to be the 'official' site. So you need to find out who owns the page before you place the blame. The real HughesNet site does not have any pop up ads. Pop up ads pay the page owners for the space, Hughes doesn't need their money and they want to advertize their own product exclusivly.