HSBC / fraud collection tactics!
I wanted to pay my son's past due payments to avoid repossession of his vehicle. I called HSBC over a period of 4 hours and was repeatedly, and I believe DELIBERATELY, hung up on by each person I spoke to. I offered to pay the past due amount on my credit card in order to expedite matters. I was told HSBC wouldn't "use debt to pay debt". I explained that I have no dealings of my own with HSBC, and that if I wanted to use my own credit card to pay them it would not impact them or my son in any way, except to better my son's account status. They still said NO. So I express mailed them a cashiers check, only to be told that wasn't good enough, either. It was a Moneygram or Western Union, or no dice. So now I have to stop payment on the cashiers check (there is a wait of 90 days to get that money back!!), and I have to pay a fee to use Moneygram - which will let me pay on my credit card!!
If you want to send email complaints to HSBC yourself, as I have already done, here's the link: https://www.banking.us.hsbc.com/HICServlet?cmd_GeneralContactUsCaller=&accept-language=en-us
More HSBC Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC UAE - Poor Service 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC (UAE) - deceiving policies
- HSBC Holdings - complaining about fraud
- HSBC (UAE) - cash withdrawal from atm of sharjah city, centre atm machine on 12 oct 2016
- HSBC (UAE) - fraud transaction - unsecure credit card
- HSBC (UAE) - customer service