HSBC Retail Servicescredit card ripoffs!

K

It seems that Credit card companies are ripping the user of their cards. I constantly have to watch for their little tricks.

I have a Best Buy credit card handled through HSBC Retail Services, City of Industry, CA and Wilmington, DE. I made a purchase on March 15, 2007 and decided to take advantage of the 90 days same as cash feature. Their records show that I paid the full amount on May 11th, so I was well within the 90 days. It now appears that I will have to pay an additional $10. Why? Because I did not make a payment between March and May. Dana in Customer Services stated that I am required to make a payment, even though I fulfilled all of the other requirements. The ten dollars is a penalty fee for not making a timely payment. OUTRAGEOUS, SHOCKING, SHAMEFUL, UNPLEASANT, DESPICABLE, OFFENSIVE, AND CONTEMPTIBLE!!! If I pay in full before the 90 days is elapsed I should not have to pay any additional amount.

I fully intend to contact everyone I can think of to vociferously protest and inform them of this action. Their customer retention will drop by at least one due to this action.

• Um
    uMad? Aug 17, 2016

*facepalm*

• Kp
    K Pugazhenthi Aug 17, 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

I booked Movie tickets through "Big Cinemas" by 16/10/2009, while booking i got network error thrice at that time of after credit card payment, but that selected seat is avaialable after that error, after fourth time only i booked the ticket.

Now i recieved the Credit card statement of HSBC Bank, in that they will charged the error bookings (3 times - Rs 600 (200+200+200)) also. I spoke with HSBC Bank Credit card customer care, they told me to contact you thru this website.

Kindly credit the thrice the time charged amount(Rs 600.00) into my account (HSBC)

Details given below:

Name : K.Pugazhenthi
    Mobile : [protected]
    Mail ID : [email protected]

Creditcard statement is attached for your reference.
    HSBC Credit card Number : [protected]

• Vi
    VIRENDRA JHA Aug 17, 2016

I have been using HSBC Credit Card since jan2010 but i have not received any statement of bills since then . i have been making payments timely whatever amount informed by HSBC Customer care on phone. whenever i have queried regarding statement it has been replied that already being sent to you on your mail but i have not received any mail featuring credit card statement. please send the statement of last three months asap

• Ka
    kat Aug 17, 2016

This isn't really a complain. I just saw these complains about HSBC. For all we know everyone is hit hard because of the economic turmoil happening in the U.S. Apparently, now's the great time to use it as an excuse and be all out with complaints and everything related to it.

I saw these complaints about statements that are not received (which usually takes 7-10 business days). You can got to the website found at the back of the card and there you can view the statement. Don't blame the company if the statement is not received because first, it is the cardmember's obligation to check also with customer service is they have the right billing address (coz there are SO MANY cases that the company has the right address but it's the postal service's fault). There's human error in case there is a mix up with the mail. So don't get upset and blame the company right away. If you already know that you should be receiving a bill, don't wait til collections dept. call. Coz if you know what your responsibilities are, you have to be pro-active about that then. Oh and if you know so well that you'll be relocating or transferring to a different address, it is a cardmember's responsibility to call the card company and have that address changed.

If your issue is about finance charge. Don't get upset right away if it jacks up to whatever %. A common mistake is the terms and conditions about a credit card is not really read by these cardmembers. For example, they'll apply for this so-called promo card with "0% interest".. that'll be the perfect card for you if you're ALWAYS on time with the payments. Because if you miss a payment even for "ONCE", it's going to be on default. In other words, the PROMO ENDS.

Argh! so annoying..

• sukhiextreme Aug 17, 2016

This person says he is chairman of hsbc and gives will money to the relavive of abdel aziz, who died in plane crash.
    Vincent cheng is the chairman of hsbc, the person who calls himself by the same name, i know he isn`t the chairman, first of all chairman doesn`t give their mobile no. to unknown people and documents to fill in and no office no. plus he telephone me says don`t tell hsbc bank we are doing this and then he says they don`t we are doing this.

So please aware if you get emails saying i`m vincent cheng chairman of hsbc, it`s a scam, this imposter will keep on asking for money till it doesn`t run out.

I have paid this ### £12, 000 GBP, he scammed big timer, this person is from Hong Kong.

• Bo
    Bobbstrd Aug 17, 2016

You just posted your credit card number on the Internet???

• Aj
    AJIT GUPTE Aug 17, 2016

I am holding HSBC credit card no. [protected].<br />
    I have not been receiving transaction statementsw for last two months.<br />
    I am making the payment based on the SMS received by you. <br />
    <br />
    I would like to know the details for which I am making the payment.<br />
    Please send me the statements for these months. <br />
    <br />
    And also please send me the statements regularly. For any delay in the payment in the absence of SMS from you, I will not be responsible for making any delayed payment charges. <br />
    A. L. Gupte, <br />
    6, Shrinidhi CHS, <br />
    Opp. Maharashtra Steel Corp. Shop, <br />
    DOMBIVLI(E) 421201<br />
    District - THANE<br />
    M.S.<br />
    INDIA

angrymom1966 Aug 17, 2016

Three months in a row--a card that was cut up in May due to increased interest--was under limit (barely) at that time and since then they've been charging me between $87-120 a month in overlimit, late, etc. fees. I ask them what it will take to get it safely under limit and they give me a number that's too low so that the following month I'm over again. For crying out loud! I have paid over $400 in three months on a card with a 2000 limit that has not been used in 3 months and I AM STILL overlimit! All I get is doublespeak when I call the company. RUN away from all branches of HSBC, the biggest con in the credit industry!

• Bh
    Bhanu dadhich Aug 17, 2016

Dear Sir,
    I had forwarded you request on 28 feb 2007 with reference to the matter that had not received my credit card no. [protected] and it has been misused. This was informed to you to take the suitable action, But in spite of that today I got a call from HSBC lawyer Mr. R.K Verma, That they are going to take some legal action ,this call disturbed me a lot as I was considering that some action has already has been taken on this matter and I was not found guilty.

I am again listing the facts with evidences I have already explained;

1) I had received a mail on 30 Dec 2006 that my credit card application is registered under application reference # [protected].
    2) On 08 Jan 2007 I received a mail that my application is approved and application reference no. was # [protected]
    3) I was at Baddi unit of Macleods pharmaceutical Ltd. At that time when I filled the application.
    4) I was in Mumbai from 2 jan 2007 onwards so it is not practically possible for me that I can receive the card being at Mumbai as delivery address was of macleods pharmaceutical baddi dist solan (HP) .
    5) On 23 feb 2007 I received my first statement at Baddi plant and I was informed on phone by my Baddi office that bill shows outstanding of 45000/- Rupees approximately . I called to customer care and told them to block this card immediately.
    6) Also on the instructions of customer care I had submitted an application of mishandling of credit card at HSBC Bank branch ,stationed at Kamala bhavan Swaminityanand marg near Garvare house Western express high way Near old Bhar cinema Andheri (E) Mumbai.
    7) On 17/09/07 I had received almost ten calls that warrant will be issued to me if I will not pay the settlement amount . But in between time span of almost 6 months I had not received any communication from HSBC bank.
    8) As in this whole sequence I had cooperated with the bank a lot but as I got calls today Mr. Rajnesh Sarin directly told that this fault is not from banks side as he wants to indicate directly the delivery of the credit card in the correct hands is not banks responsibility and ones the card is handover to courier there is no responsibility lies with bank that credit card is handed over in right hands or not.
    9) As per his statement any personnel working in courier services which banks are utilizing for card delivery is authorized to misuse the card if he/she requires.

Noaloha Aug 17, 2016

In Hawaii I had bought a Jeep on EBay and clicked on a add for HSBC to finance it. I was sent clear title for the Jeep and with in a year sold the Jeep and paid HSBC a lump sum that was almost the whole amount owed. Then I paid it off completely. They said I must continue full coverage on the Jeep, I informed them it was not in my name and I could not legally insure it. They charged me for insurance, and have been sending me the bill for years. I have not gotten an answer from them how I can purchase insurance on a vehicle that I don't own and how they can charge me for insurance on a vehicle I don't own? They would not answer the question and now Santander is not responding but I continue to get calls saying I must pay. I email questions and do not get answers...

JosephE Aug 17, 2016

I just want to say something about HSBC Malaysia and they way the approach their "good on time paying clients" I have been using their Master and Viosa cards for almost 8 years and never defaulted and always paid the Min amount so I can keep a good balance for them and always praised them until today 5 Sept 2012. I get a letter by mail saying that due to their management review, they decided to cancel my credit cards and I have to pay the balance immediately etc... WHAT type of bank is this? what did I do wrong? I think if I never paid or being late was better for them!!! I called them them and they say sorry iot is management decision, what decision? they also stated that they tried to call me for 5 days. I am a Bizman and my mobile is open 24/7. how come when they wanted to offer me cash cards, supplimentary cards and many other things they could call me but for this they could not find me??? this is the worst way of business in the world. I will take this to news papers and will make them pat for the stress and financial damage they caused to me. I advise all people not to trust these bunch of people how call themselves bankers. I am frustrated and angry as yesterday their call center said they will get their boss to call me but noone bothered calling me. I am done and will transfer my balance to other bank.

Mary-Lawrence Yanniello Aug 17, 2016

I had 2 credit cards with HSBC. One was just a Mastercard which they closed last year stating due to the amount of credit that I had. I think they are full of it - I hadn't used it in over a year and I think that is why they closed it. And by their actions they confirmed this, because I also had the Best Buy Reward Zone Card which they just recently lowered the credit line stating the same reason, yet I hadn't used it in over 2 years - I was paying it off monthly on a special same as cash, but didn't charge much on it.

And than when my last statement came in they charged me interest on the same as cash, even though the payment was there a week before the final date. I called them and they said that this would be removed. We'll see.

Manoj Lal Aug 17, 2016

I am not interested in renwal of the HSBC Credit Card because you are charging Annual fees.Kindly waive it off.
    -thanks-Manoj Lal

• Rv
    Rvs81 Aug 17, 2016

Good-day.

This is a personal email directed to you for your consideration alone, I request that it remain and be treated as such only. Please bear with me for now and do not ask my name. I am a banker with HSBC in the Malta. I have an interesting business proposal for you that will be of immense benefit to both of us. Although this may be hard for you to believe, we stand to gain 7.2 million USD between us in a matter of days. Please grant me the benefit of doubt and hear me out. I need you to signify your interest by replying to this email.

Most importantly, I will need you to promise to keep whatever you learn from me between us even if you decide not to go along with me. I will make more details available to you on receipt of a positive response from you. Do contact me only at my private email address: [email protected]

Warm regard from Malta.

• Va
    Vaya Aug 17, 2016

Yes, their interest rate is fairly good and their online system works ok but if you have any problems at all (as I did when they suspended all my linked accounts for no reason), that require you call Customer Service… then I feel sorry for you. You will spend hours on the the phone with a completely undertrained Indian from a call center on the the other side of the world, that just talks you in circles. They refuse or do not have the ability to transfer you to a supervisor or english speaking operator.

I closed by account because of their appalling Customer Service and I simply do not like the idea of a call center on the other side of the world, that turns over staff daily, to access to my sensitive information including Social Security, driver license, secret questions and answers etc. etc.

I moved my saving to GMAC, after calling customer service first, to make sure who I am dealing with.

• Ro
    Roselle Vergel de Dios Dec 03, 2014

I was charged for late payment but i paid on time, but was stilll charged for late payment.
    I enclosed my reciept.

Comments

• Md
    Mdrisc Nov 14, 2012

I made a payment to HSBC at the time they sold some business to First Niagara, HSBC cashed my check but did not credit my account, they then sold it to First Niagara. After repeated call to HSBC about the missing money I was told by a HSBC representative that they had found my money but that they had forwarded it to First Niagara. First Niagara had no record of such a payment. I again contacted HSBC and was told that I had been sent a revised statement to reflect this transaction. I informed the HSBC rep. that I had not received the revised statement and that I would like a copy sent to me, he told that this was against company policy and that the only way I could get a copy was in answer to a court subpoena. I am now getting ready to take HSBC to small claims court.

Maria stephen May 01, 2012

Hi,
    We are filling a complaint to HSBC branch bangalore. We are already existed costumer of this bank holding savings account, we are applying for credit card its been now almost 1 month with no answer or result from the sales representative name Raj mobile no. [protected]. How long the application takes for existing customer? We are calling this person but not picking his phone nor giving a definite answer for the application progress. Expat in India should be treating with disrespect?
    Pls need your assistance
    Regrads,
    Maria stephen

chinita Apr 09, 2012

I've had the worst experience ever with this credit card. Its been a nightmare. First of all they hold your payment for three days before it gets processed. So if hey don't receive your payment AT LEAST 3 days before the due date, ITS LATE. It doesn't matter if you pay them on time. On top of that they raise your interest rate extremely high. They also add some "debt cancellation fee" every month that you never asked for. They're very, very sneaky and the interest is insane. I cannot believe this bank. Examine everything very carefully when doing business with them.

• Ka
    KathleenR690 Feb 28, 2012

I had my paycheck direct deposited into my HSBC account. It did not post to my account on Friday like all my coworkers paychecks did to their accounts with other banks. My advice to people is to never have your paycheck direct deposited with HSBC. They will not let you have access to it like other banks will on payday. They told me when I called it would be Tuesday before I would be able to access my pay, then an online customer service rep told me it would be sent back to my employer. I don't know where my paycheck is or when I will get it, but I know it is EXTREMELY difficult and disappointing not to have my pay!!!

• St
    starmaxd Jul 17, 2011

i also have had a problem for the second time they claim i did not make a payment even though my bank confirms the payment was made ahead of time . they are charging late fees and interest.

• Li
    Linda Elliott Jul 08, 2011

My husband and I have disibilty insurance from this company. My husband has a claim paying our loan at this time. We are suppose to get a refund from when we paid the loan during time of processing the claim. We have been trough numerous representives since the first of June, we can not get any sraight answers from these people. They continue putting us off. Every time we call we get a different story about when they will take care of this matter. All of said persons keep saying we will call you back so and so date but most of them do not return our calls at all. This company in opion are showing good consumer care at all. I even talked to a supervisor, she still has not given any satisfaction to this issue. I have called several times, she tends to leans towards not calling me back. I do not understand how a company can so lack such bad business quality. I have been through 15 representives myself, not to count my husbands phone calls to them. They do not conduct themselves in a business like manner.

• Ni
    Nilee Jul 05, 2011

HSBC Fraudulent company, I purchased a $400.00 computer on my Best Buy HSBC card and each month I paid the bill through their online payment system. Payments were made 10 days prior to due date however I was billed 6 late fees over 6 months. Not even an undisputed claim to the BBB worked on this scamming company. Stay Away from Best Buy and HSBC Bank as they are crooks.

• Pj
    pj1458 Jun 23, 2011

HSBC lowered my credit limit from $4000.00 to 305.00, on my credit card that I have had for years; due to the fact they did not change my mailing address when I called in. I was late less than 30 days on my $15.00 payment (but the letter said I was seriously delinquent, yet they reimbursed me on the late fee... this account was always paid in full monthly. "They had no record" of me calling in and changing the address. They offered to request an upgrade, and it was declined... DUH hello, I am not stupid, what a scam. I cancelled the credit card and will never do business with this company again.

• Cl
    clang13 Apr 14, 2011

Don't try getting a credit card through HSBC/Old Orchard Bank. There is no way you can talk with them. I was sent overseas numerous times and told No-one had any knowledge of my money or app. They cashed my check. I'm reporting them to the Secretary of State. I counted 150 recent complaints from all over the world.

• In
    INCMOB Apr 01, 2011

I HAVE FINALLY PAID OFF THIS SO CALLED "BANK" I BOUGHT A BOWFLEX, WAS APPROVED FOR A LIMIT OF 1700.00 WITH AN ALMOST 24 PERCENT INTEREST RATE. I HAVE BEEN PAYING ON IT FOR THREE YEARS NOW... AND MY BALANCE ONLY WENT DOWN 500.00, ITS WORSE THAN AN AUTO LOAN... LUCKILY I GET BONUSES AND DECIDED IT IS TIME TO END MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM. JUST A NOTE, MY LAST PAYMENT DROPPED ME DOWN TO 1161.00, WHEN I RECEIVED MY CURRENT BILL, MY BALANCE WENT UP TO 1186?? NOT SURE IF THEY ARE EVEN A LEGAL COMPANY, BUT GLAD TO BE RID OF THEM FINALLY, I WISH ALL OF YOU THE BEST OF LUCK, AND BEFORE YOU APPLY FOR ANYTHING I WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER MAKING SURE IT IS NOT HSBC THAT YOU DEAL WITH BEFORE YOU CLICK "SUBMIT" OR SIGN THE FINAL SIGNATURE.

• Hs
    HSBCblows Mar 02, 2011

I have had HSBC Best Buy card for 3 years now. I have never missed a payment nor been 30 days later, ever. I dont know what has happened with these clowns recently, but they have decided to call my house 6-12 times a day. I answered the phone one morning before work and the Ethnic gentleman told me I was late and needed to pay my bill now over the phone to avoid more charges. between his canned jargon i repeatedly asked how late my payment was bc If i remember correctly it had been made a few weeks ago... I pinned him down and he finally told me 4 days late. I said wait a minute, you are harassing me at least six times a day for a 4 day late payment? what fees can be added for a 4 day late payment? My 90 dollar payment ended up being 140, not to mention 15 more dollars to process my payment over the phone. I told him I would call back. I needed to do a little digging on here and see if others are having this same problem. YEP! So the last straw was on Saturday. My wife had recently had surgery and had metal hardware and screws in her arm and was at home resting after a hard Physical therapy session and pain meds. They called at 8:15 am and she told then not to bother her bc she was going to physical therapy and she would have me call them. They proceeded to call 5 more times that day in an eight hour period. She called me crying saying that the phone was ringing off the hook and her arm was throbbing. I had to run home to this completely uncalled for sittuation. I have since talked to them, (which was pointless BTW). Until I referred them to my the attorney I had retained the following monday. Turns out that any caller, no matter who it is that:
    #1 repeatedly calls for the same reason, ( usually more than twice) but circumstances do vary.
    #2 had been told either not to call back or that person will not be home until a said amount of time.
    THESE CONSTITUTE HARASSMENT IN STATE AND FEDERAL LAW!!!
    Which is a 1, 000 fine. Here is the kicker; Each time they call is considered to be a violation though, not 1, 000 for all of the calls that day 1, 000 for each. (every call or attempt to call is considered a new violation).
    If you can afford an attorney and this is happening to you! go talk to an attorney! I promise they will stop calling you.

Sally F Feb 21, 2011

This company recommened that I pay my credit card on the 4th of each month as thats when thay update their records. That was great as my due date was the middle of the month. They know I get paid the 3rd of the month. So they ( NOT ME ) changed the due date to the 1st of the month. Now I have late fees every month. They REFUSE to do anything about this.

• Di
    Dirtt Durk Jan 10, 2011

lol ok i c wht da deal is no more mr nice guy they have been ripp n me off for years now guess wht hsbc come to my house n get ur money...lmao.I LIVE N TX I CAN SHOOT U FOR B N N MY YARD NOW COME TAKE MY MONEY OUTA MY POCKET LIKE U DO WHN I PAY U ...IE..OR TRY TO PAY U...I HAVE NO PRBL WHN I PAY CHEVRON/TEXACO.I PAY THEM THE SAME WAY I PAY YA'LL WESTERN UNION, , HELL I PAY THEM THA SAME DAY N N 10 MIN THE WIRE IS @ CHEVRON/TEXACO BANK...LOL I PAY WHT I OWE ...GOD IS GUD
    BUT TURN DA OTHER CHEEK...IS FOR A BROTHER N CHRIST NOT DEVILS N SHEEP CLOTH N, , , , ...DAHHHHH
    REMEMBER WNH JESUS WENT N TO THE...CHURCH N THEY WERE SELL N SICK BIRDS N USE N UN FAIR... WEIGHTS...LOL..HE MADE A WHIP N BEAT THOSE FOOL OUTA DA CHURCH...LMMFAO.SRRY GOD...
    SO GESS WHT IM NOT GONA PAY U ORCHARD BANK...HSBC OR WHO EVER U R...TAKE ME TO COURT N U GOTTA SHOW UR RECOEDS...OOO[PPPS U GOT A STAIN ON U..N MY CREDIT SCORE...WELL WHO CARES... ALL OF YA'LL WRK WIT EACH OTHER ANY WAY BUT IM NOT GONA B UR SLAVE FOR LIFE, , , , NAW IM MO PASSS..DA GASS.FARTS REAL LOUD..., , , , , GET U A BILL COLLECTER.N WHN THEY CALL ME ABOUT A SETTELMENT.I WILL PAY WHT I OWE ...BUT NO MORE...LATER U BITZHES...

• Je
    Jeric Nov 29, 2010

We have been customers of HSBC. We have been promised that we will receive special treatment there because our company is listed, and that we dont need to wait and we will be assisted promptly. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case when we filed for a car loan, they promised that everything will be processed in just 2-3days and it will be 1month when we get the car, the approval took 1 week, when they promise 2 days, the release of cheque took 4 days! The reviewed our papers and they said nothing is missing and everything is in order only after 2 days, they called again to tell us that we need to furnish them a copy of this and that! We are living in al ain and it's too inconvenient for us to travel back and forth, even traveling trice per day to Dubai so as to speed up the pro ess but the result was still the same! It is so frustrating!!!

• Ru
    Rubendlct Nov 28, 2010

HSBC is the slimmest credit card company I have dealt with in many, many years. I had an account with them for a few years and it was nothing but a nightmare. I chose to pay off the account through my bank and got rid of the problem...for a while. Now I open a Menards credit card account, due to my purchasing a new home and, guess what? HSBC is the company that host credit services for Menards as well. I am fixing to pay whatever balance I have on my account and I hope that John Menards get his head out of you know where and get rid of this slimmey credit card service company (which is putting Menards good name on mud) or Menards will be losing customers as well.
    HSBC interets rates as well as all the fees and charges they have are simply outrageous and out of this world! I can not understand why the Better Busines Bureau does not investigate this company and take some action for the sake of protecting the consumers out there, but then again, the Better Business Bureau is full of fallacies as well, so we are stuck between a wall and a hard place!
    To all of you reading this blog, please, PLEASE, stay the hell away from HSBC. They are truly a RIP-OFF, NON-TRUSTWORTHY, TRICKY, SLIMMEY, UNETHICAL, GREEDY INSTITUTION! Check all your businesses cradit cards (ie. retail services to ensure HSBC is not the host credit company; they will ruin your life!

• Ba
    bansunyuv Nov 22, 2010

A Person introduced himself as Legal Manger for HSBC Collections - Harrased the customer with unparliamentary words and wants the customer to send family members for prostitution and earn money to pay the balance and wants to know if the customer eats ### or food fo the stomach. Takes whole family in the bad language he used - I understand there is an outstanding payment to be done - but this harrasment is no where mentioned inthe application while applying for the loan - Can some one look into this and take necessary action ...

James Anderson Nov 20, 2010

Attention: Julius Genachowski, Chairman FCC
    Neil Booker, CEO HSBC Bank

Re: HSBC Bank USA – Intimidation & Denial of Multiple Do Not Call Requests

To Whom It May Concern:

On 10/12/10, my wife and I decided to purchase a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 using the Kawasaki Credit Card offered through HSBC Bank.

At the time of purchase, I specifically stated that we did not want telemarketing calls and was assured that we would not be getting any!

Shortly there after, we began receiving multiple telemarketing calls. Each time the calls came, I specifically requested to be placed on the Do Not Call List. In all communications with HSBC I was told that it would take 30 days before our number was cleared from their system… I checked my records; this has been going on for over thirty days!

It should also be mentioned that after making these requests, I began receiving multiple telemarketing calls from HSBC in one day. Two, three, and four calls in one day were common. Many of the calls were deliberate hang-up calls. It should be stressed that it has been made perfectly clear to HSBC that we were declining their phone calls and offers!

As defined by the FCC rules found at: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus27-complying-telemarketing-sales-rule#threats repeated phone calls, is willful intimidation by HSBC and their representatives.

As defined by the FCC rules, repeated hang-up calls are also considered to be ‘intent to annoy, abuse or harass!

FCC rules specifically state that each and every one of those willful violations is subject to a $16, 000 dollar fine. The four calls they made to my home adds up to $64, 000 dollars… that is just for one days worth of harassing calls!

I have a letter dated 11/05/10 addressed to my wife that acknowledges our privacy preferences… yet HSBC continued calling!

I also have a letter dated 10/20/10 that clearly states that our lien free title would be sent to us within 10 Business days. The Ten Business Days has long since passed. To date, we have not received the title to the motorcycle… perhaps my complaints about the abusive, harassing, rude, unprofessional telemarketing calls from HSBC have caused this delay!

Today, I also did some research and found numerous complaints against HSBC. I found out that my complaint is not unique, that there are hundreds upon hundreds of complaints about harassing HSBC telemarketing calls from Suzuki and Yamaha owners. There are even complaints about how HSBC charges ‘Debt Cancellation Fees’ for paying loans off early. There are literally thousands of complaints about poor HSBC customer service!

There are even complaints from 2008 against the very same people I have spoken with for the very same situation my wife and I have experienced. A good example can be viewed at: http://householdwatch.com/news/interactive/594 which, I should point out, also mentions numerous hang up calls from this company!

It is bad enough that this loan was screwed up right at the beginning by HSBC but for Kawasaki USA and its dealers to offer this predatory credit program from a banking institution that has such a poor reputation – to unsuspecting customers… there is no excuse for this… Not when we have a zero balance with this company!

I do not expect the FCC to do anything about this. After all, you can not take action on my complaint alone. But you do need to be aware of just how this company is conducting its telemarketing business!

Sincerely,

New York, NY 10018

Attention: Takeshi Teranishi, President

Re: Kawasaki Credit Card – HSBC Bank USA

To Whom It May Concern:

Today, I received yet another telephone call from HSBC Bank. This time it was from a lady calling out of California claiming to be with HSBC Executive Services and wanting to discuss the telemarketing calls and any concerns that I might have!

The lady insisted that it takes 30 days for the calls to stop… that there is nothing that could be done. That since I made the request on Nov 3rd that I was out of luck never mind the fact that HSBC was told two weeks before Nov 3rd to stop calling. In other words, I have been dealing with this for over a month!

The fact remains that when I spoke with HSBC Executive Services Christy Ann Denis on Nov 3rd and at that time I provided her with the dates and times of when the calls were received and when I requested that my number be removed from their telemarketing system!

Did she document those dates and times?

No she did not!

I have been putting up with these harassing phone calls for over a month!

Today, I also did some research and Googled HSBC complaints. I found out that my complaint is not unique. There are hundreds upon hundreds of complaints about harassing HSBC telemarketing calls from Suzuki and Yamaha owners. There are even complaints about how HSBC charges ‘Debt Cancellation Fees’ for paying loans off early. There are literally thousands of complaints about poor HSBC customer service!

(There are even complaints against Steven Rybarczyk from 2008 for this very same situation that can be found at: http://householdwatch.com/news/interactive/594 which also points out numerous hang up calls from this company!)

It is bad enough that this loan was screwed up right at the beginning… but for Kawasaki USA and its dealers to offer this predatory credit program from a banking institution that has such a poor reputation – to unsuspecting customers… there is no excuse for this!

I do not expect Kawasaki to do anything about this. After all, HSBC is not owned by your company. But you do need to be aware of just how the company that provides the Kawasaki Credit Card treats your customers!

Sincerely,

Better Business Bureau
    /link removed/

• Pa
    panda-bear Oct 20, 2010

Just took money out of my savings to pay off this "rip off of a credit card company." I carry a personal credit score of 750 with all 3 credit bureaus and do to a mix-up of ONE late payment. They increased my interest from 1.99% to 30.99% When I called and explained my situation; they said once the computer triggers a penalty interest there is nothing they can do to adjust it. That is such "a bunch of bull." There are exceptions to every rule, and if they wanted to keep their good customers they would make adjustments where needed. If this is how they treat a customer with excellent credit; I have no idea how they have any customers at all!!!

• Rb
    RB1234 Sep 29, 2010

I have a best buy card also and they have bee charging me late fees every month even though I have been making payments before and after the due date. I received a letter from their claims department after 6 months of these issues. When I called customer service, they were less than understanding of my situation. I canceled the card and will never use HSBC or Best Buy for any products or services ever again.

Sudeshna Guha Sep 08, 2010

I have an account in HSBC bank in Calcutta. The number is [protected]. A few months back a sum of money came to my account from U.K which I cannot accept due to some serious problems. I requested the concerned HSBC branch where my account is, to send it back to where it came from. I also supplied the necessary details of the sender. The bank failed to send it back but assured me that my account was blocked so that further remitence could not come. My attending officer there is a lady called Tanusree. But she did not provide me with any written document as according to her that was against bank policy. Again on 6th of this month another remittence has been credited to my account from the same source which I have to send backto the source through other measures which might cause lot of difficulties and financial loss. The whole branch is involved in it and specifically lied to me about it for some unknown reasons. I shall be highly obliged if you kindly look into the matter and do the needful.

the name of the concerned HSBC branch-HSBC, Dalhousie Square Branch.

• Bo
    Bob Girod Aug 12, 2010

My wife and I made purchases at Furniture Row and Best Buy which were finacned through HSBC Reatil Services. The bills arrived every month the day before they were due. We paid them and they added a $39.00 late fee.
    On June 27, 2010, i called and complained; a supervisor assured me that the fees of $78.00 would be removed and that the total pay off on both lonas was $964.69. They cashed our check the next day with a notation "PAID IN FULL" on the check. They accpted it.
    In Augsut we received another bill (past the due date) with the $78.00 late fees added back on AND a late fee on the late fees. I called HSBC and spoke to "Neelima" who transferred me to her supervisor "Tom." Tom said that they only took of one $39.00 and that I owe late fees on not paying the late fee (now $$58.00). He said to pay it!

Sully491 Aug 02, 2010

I also have delt with these folks and unfortunately had to take it to court. What I did find out in my dealings with them that this is a Chinese owned company despite all the "local" offices. I just hope that OUR government starts taking more notice on how these foreign companies are taking advantage of hard working US citizens and do something about it, hopefully starting with HSBC!

Sully491 Aug 02, 2010

I agree with everyone and have had the misfortune of dealing with these folks, I unfortunately had to take it all the way to court. I also know that they have many "local" offices in the United States, but when I did more digging I found out its a company out of China. That shouldn't be surprising these days, but it does explain the attitude and the "outsourcing" of Customer Service. Perhaps one day, OUR government will take notice how much these foreign companies are taking advantage of hard working US citizens and do some sort of control. Hopefully starting with this company first!