HP / NC6910 Laptop / lousy product & customer service

One of the biggest mistakes I have committed is giving HP another try, several years ago we bought a HP Pavillion 6000 laptop from BJ's wholesale club. Within several months power board failed discharging the battery and we had it repaired by the warranty only to fail shortly after the warranty. It is serving at the moment as a nice paperweight. In 2007 I bought several HP laptops for my department since the hospital I worked for had made a decision to switch from DELL to HP .... what a mistake ... though I had also had a bad dealing with a DELL laptop ... the DELL was a refurb and their customer service was very good unlike HP. If you must buy a laptop I recommend IBM/Lenovo ... as the 3 we owned never/ever had any problems and keep going to this date. The most recent out of the box HPnc6910 laptop never recognized the factory installed DVDRW ... some very pleasent Indian tech at HP customer service over the phone tried to explain to me perhaps I should purchase 3rd party softwares to see if it would resolve the issue... than sent me a new DVDRW to install myself ...without ever checking if I could !!! In addition to number of closed tickets so that HP could claim that they answer online inquiries quickly ...I am on to my 4th month and am still awaiting someone from HP or their contractors to contact me to come by and fix the laptop.... no doubt they figure if they wait long enough the laptop will be out of warranty.... good thing i bought a 3yr warranty extension so that HP can make my life a living hell for the next 3 years... I will donate the laptops to a school and purchase IBM's if the issue is not resolved by May... and i am not holding my breath for HP to resolve anything at this point. SHAME ON YOU HP !!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• St
      17th of Jul, 2008

HP sent me a wrong shipping label, and my laptop went to be recycled instead of to be repaired.
    Fortunately, I had backed up my data but nevertheless I was furious. I really liked that machine.
    so, HP agreed to send me a replacement unit, a nc6910, which was supposedly an upgrade. (I forgot to ask for specs and now i'll have to wait till tomorrow to do it) I tried to look up a little info about the product and this was the first page I got on google. Disconcerting to say the least.

I have a question, so you BOUGHT a warranty for the replacement unit?
    They don't offer you one? They could purposefully be sending out defective units!