Hotmail / account stolen - hotmail useless

Queensland, Australia Review updated:

Hotmail are now on my most hated list, my email account that i have had for over 10 years has been hacked, my password was changed, my secret question changed, my email address to have the reset link sent to changed, also an email was sent out saying the usual I am an idiot who is stuck in another country ### email was sent to all of my contacts. Luckily I could still get into it via a linked account.

I have contacted hotmail via their useless web help, only to be told that after verifying every single piece of information that they asked for (and double checking it matches my information on my account) told they can't verify my account.
I then asked what the ### else they want from me (politely I might add) only to receive a series of generic you will need to open a new account. I sent them folder names, contacts lists (even though they have been disabled since I marked my account for removal) email title's even added little comments about who the people were, short of providing a DNA sample I provided everything! Still not one ###ing lot of good they did me, I think the most beautiful thing out of all of it is, they are helping the hackers to win, with their lazy and unsympathetic approach to the fact that some people actually use their email accounts for a lot of things, you can't just flick one switch to change your information, it's not a simple oh your a 12 year old school kid just sign up another account to email your friend's?? And the other great thing, you can't complain about their piss poor service, you can't do anything, they just swat the people who made them who they are today away like a fly.

Well here is a big ### YOU MICROSOFT!!! I will be opening a new account far far away from hotmail and I hope the other people that have been burned by these useless toss pots do the same, it may seem small, but it take millions of little voices to make huge differences, show Bill Gates that we don't give a ### how much money he donates to charities to help him sleep at night, have some ethics, help fight the problem, DOWN WITH LOWLIFE HACKERS AND SCAMMERS and if you meet one punch them in the face!

That is all, thanks for listening to my gripe :)

Comments

• Th
      24th of Jan, 2011

I quit Hotmail a loooong time ago.

I recommend Gmail. Google has incredible services and applications and whatnot. I love it and I would never change.

• Ka
      3rd of Jul, 2011

I have the same problem. Also +10 years account. Really frustratring.
    I guess you just have to forget about all your content, contacts, info... leaving @hotmail forever
    AND yes: I just opened a @gmail account...
    terrible...

• Ly
      9th of Jan, 2012

WLM locked me out of my email account. Hotmail began bundling and forcing customers to use Windows Live Messenger to log into t accounts. That is what caused many to be blocked out the last six days. Jan. 8, 2012. It is a run around and no contact person is available. I think I will call Microsoft wo complain about WLM that did nothing but add extrasign in screen. Live Messenger closed the accounts. What ever you do do not get an email that requires use of WLM, you'll be sorry.