Honda Unicorn 150 / Engine problem

1 India Review updated:

I have a problem with my Honda unicorn the bike. The bike starts but the moment I accelerate the engine stops. In the rainy season, this gets worst. Some time during travel if I change the gears the moment I leave the clutch the engine stops and jump-starts. The service center does not seem to have an answer to the problem. I have tried changing the spark plug, cleaning the tank, cleaning the carburetor, changing the diaphragm in the carburetor. Engine de-carb. Nothing seams to work. The worst thing is the problem is not consistent. Does not happen all the time, which makes me look like a fool at the service center.

Can any one advice.

Comments

20th of Sep, 2009

I m also sufferer of the same problem. Starting and jerk during driving started after the a night when my bike got wet in rain. I went to Honda service center for free service, but no satisfactory result.

Need a suggestion from u friends, if u have sorted out the problem and resolved. Thanks

sanju

sanju_barc@rediffmail.com

• Aj
      6th of Oct, 2009

AJAY
    me 2 have the same problem, the service center has no solution to my problem, have got the solution 4 u r complaint, pls tell me also

26th of Apr, 2010

I took a CB unicorn on 19th aprill2010 afetr waiting for a long period of time, i didnt mind waiting because i believe in the engine quality of unicorn and its not even a week now tat i ve took it, i m getting a unbearable sound in the engine, i ve been said that there is a problem in the engine and the engine needs to be opened, i am extreemely dissappointed with it, it is not even a week tat i ve bought my bike and that too it took 5 long years for me to arrange or all that money and in the very first week my engine needs to be opened and they said that it may be a mojor problem,
    pls kindly help me out in replacing the bike as it is a major problem, I took it from hyderabad

• Ni
      15th of Jan, 2011

I also experienced same problem & took about 2 yrs before finding out the actual reason.Reroute the air supply tube to carbeurator and the problem must be fixed fully.

• Su
      14th of Sep, 2011

I have same problem with my 3 years old Unicorn. Last two rainy season I do not face the problem but in this year problem occured. The bike starts normaly but the moment I accelerate the engine stops. This problem is worst in rainy season.
    Nithin Alex : How do you reroute the airsupply cable? If possible can you send some pictures at sujeet.g@live.com

• Vi
      6th of Mar, 2017

Honda unicorn 150 cc...Hole body not fitted properly... Sacager and engine noise... Disc break noise ... Again new fitted tyre in only 10 days ... I give to services to 4 days in garages..7795697710

• Ve
      8th of May, 2018

I hav a cb unicorn bike using last 8 month.when I bought d bike ...afer 10 day I got a sound from engine.at d first service I hav fail a complain regardi. ... I have honda unicorn 2018 model black with red graphics and i have searching for its mask from last 1 year but none of the dealer is providing me plz help.