Honda Unicorn 150 / Engine problem

India Review updated:
I have a problem with my Honda unicorn the bike. The bike starts but the moment I accelerate the engine stops. In the rainy season, this gets worst. Some time during travel if I change the gears the moment I leave the clutch the engine stops and jump-starts. The service center does not seem to have an answer to the problem. I have tried changing the spark plug, cleaning the tank, cleaning the carburetor, changing the diaphragm in the carburetor. Engine de-carb. Nothing seams to work. The worst thing is the problem is not consistent. Does not happen all the time, which makes me look like a fool at the service center.

Can any one advice.

Comments

Sa
  20th of Sep, 2009
I m also sufferer of the same problem. Starting and jerk during driving started after the a night when my bike got wet in rain. I went to Honda service center for free service, but no satisfactory result.

Need a suggestion from u friends, if u have sorted out the problem and resolved. Thanks

sanju

sanju_barc@rediffmail.com
Aj
  6th of Oct, 2009
AJAY
me 2 have the same problem, the service center has no solution to my problem, have got the solution 4 u r complaint, pls tell me also
Ch
  26th of Apr, 2010
I took a CB unicorn on 19th aprill2010 afetr waiting for a long period of time, i didnt mind waiting because i believe in the engine quality of unicorn and its not even a week now tat i ve took it, i m getting a unbearable sound in the engine, i ve been said that there is a problem in the engine and the engine needs to be opened, i am extreemely dissappointed with it, it is not even a week tat i ve bought my bike and that too it took 5 long years for me to arrange or all that money and in the very first week my engine needs to be opened and they said that it may be a mojor problem,
pls kindly help me out in replacing the bike as it is a major problem, I took it from hyderabad
Ni
  15th of Jan, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also experienced same problem & took about 2 yrs before finding out the actual reason.Reroute the air supply tube to carbeurator and the problem must be fixed fully.
Su
  14th of Sep, 2011
I have same problem with my 3 years old Unicorn. Last two rainy season I do not face the problem but in this year problem occured. The bike starts normaly but the moment I accelerate the engine stops. This problem is worst in rainy season.
Nithin Alex : How do you reroute the airsupply cable? If possible can you send some pictures at sujeet.g@live.com
Vi
  6th of Mar, 2017
Honda unicorn 150 cc...Hole body not fitted properly... Sacager and engine noise... Disc break noise ... Again new fitted tyre in only 10 days ... I give to services to 4 days in garages..7795697710

Honda Motor Logo Honda Motor