Complaints & Reviews

Wrongly Installed Parts

I am Razy Japir (contact no: [protected]). I did a general service for my car (Almera, SSA4503A) early of this month (9 March). Then, I make complaint to Nissan Service Centre (Sandakan) about there is a rough sound when I'm turning on my air-cond. Nissan Sandakan has verified that the motor fan should be replaced and it is still under warranty. A week after (14 March), they called me to replace the fan motor. I waited for 2 hours for them to replace the part. After they had done the replacement, they called me back and said they had wrongly installed the part. The part that they had installed is not mine. They request me to go back to the service centre on the next Monday(16 March). Then, they replaced the part to the old one. After that, I realized that my alarm is not on when I'm locking my doors car. I called them, they said they forgot to put back the alarm. Please resolve this issue and take an action.

• Updated by Razy Jr. · Mar 30, 2020

Saya cadangkan untuk Nissan membuka pusat servis dengan mengambil pelnggan dengan terhad (contohnya 5 pelanggan sehari). Oleh kerana Nissan tidak menangguhkan pembayaran balik pinjaman, Nissan juga perlu mengambil langkah inisiatif untuk menyelesaikan isu pelanggan. "We paid for you, you serve to us".

Loan

Head office tanchong kenapa pihak tanchong tidak membuat penanguhan bayar balik loan kereta Sepertimana kerajaan arah ya saya mengerti pihak tanchong adalah syarikat persendirian...

Poor Service Center management at Klang Jalan batu 3

I'm facing a bad experience that I have been long waiting for my car service which is a normal service. I arrived at 9am and it was told that my car will complete by 11am. Ended up 12.30pm my car are still standing outside and pending washing. I have been noticing my car service status. It started parking at washing bay from 11am to 12am without any action. If I was told that it will takes long time which is fine for me. So that I can arrange my time to do other stuffs. I was really disappointed on Nissan service Center. I look forward to see the improvement.

Thanks.

The CVT gearbox

Hi I having a Nissan Sylphy 1.8 registered on 2015. It's only 4.5 years old and mileage only 75k. This car was fully maintained by Nissan Service all the while and last service was in Dec 2019. Today this case was diagnosed with issues in the gearbox and it's not cover by the manufacturer. I this case is the any help from Nissan to resolve the problem? As I am the customer with Nisan for past 10 years and this is my 2nd car with Nissan. Please assist.

My email
sriharitharan.[protected]@gmail.com

dashboard cracking

Hi,

My dad bought Nissan Sylphy and realised that the dashboard start to crack after one year.

The car parks under the shade and not always drive out, just use it during weekends like family day.

My dad is so sad why the dashboard crack so fast and not even park under the hot sun.

My dad had advised his friend the way how to solve it, but cannot get the suit answer among his friends.

Add on, our relative also bought the same car and facing this dashboard cracking issue. In the end, he sold out his car because he very disappointed of the quality and company's service.

So, we wish can have a dashboard replacement and looking for feedbacks from Tan Chong Motor Holdings.

Thanks and have a nice day.

emergency/breakdown service not received-bad service

I had an emergency situation on 15th Nov 2019 where i could not start my car engine. Since i took my car insurance with Tan Chong i called Nissan customer care at [protected]...

airbag inflator

As requested by you, I have made a replacement on the passenger Airbag Inflator. However, the problem arise after the new airbag were replaced. The airbag sensor light started to blink continuosly.
I have contacted the Service centre at Kepong which done the Airbag replacement. They told me that is the electic board faulty and requested me to change it with cost of RM700+.
I regret to have my airbag changed. Before tis, my car is working fine. I am queries Tan Chong have tested this so call new Airbag is working fine for model Grand Livina year 2015.
Please give me a good solution and reply asap via e-mail: [protected]@gmail.com.
Regards.
Tan KL

damages to customer car

To whom it may concern, We received a letter from Nissan stating on recall back on the airbag with replacement at no cost. However, the problem arise is after the new airbag...

new serena c27 - engine having loud humming sound during acceleration.

Owner name : Tan Cheng Lean Car no plate : PPB 9396 Vehicle type : Serena (MPV) My new Serena just bought a month ago, encounter engine having lourd humming soung during...

wrong information to asking customer changing part

606743 Bad services Reason as below : On that 15.10.19 at 2pm. I have brought my car nissan almera wa1038a to check my aircond at services centre at chow sow lin branch. Aft check that...

Nissan x trail no power during acceleration, Radio Issue and Remoter Issue

The radio issue. Bluetooth frequently disconnected.
i) Few time the radio was opened at Butterworth service center and the radio was bring to their supplier. However, the problem still have until today. Already discuss with Chery few times. But, still having same problem since car bought. Kindly take look the attachment image.
-ii) Another problem at radio is suddenly not have sound. This was proven and shown to technician at Kulim service center. Kindly take look the attachment video that took together with Kulim technician.
iii) This time, with this evidence prove that my car radio having issue and I need replace with new radio. However, Nissan customer service center ask me open and send to supplier for 3rd time. Now the radio put back to my car and still with old radio. My question is the radio was proven having issue since I bough the car; but why not replace with new set?

No Power during acceleration.
- This item also already talk to Chery few times. After verify by butterworth service center, they claim saying that because of carpet. However, I already take out the carpet but the issue still same. So, what is real issue. This issue also having since first day took the car. However, at Kulim service center, I bring along one of the technician and already show the problem. He admit that the car having issue and need collect more data on that. In sametime both of us try using showroom same model xtrail car. However, no isuse at this car. Then, after discuss will Nissan service center, they ask me send again to Kulim serice center for collect more data. After get the data, this round the technician told me that the KL service center mention that no issue on my car. This is [censored]. The problem still have until today.

Car Remote Control Issue
i) When near with car and try open the car, the remote not function. I need take out the key from my pocket and show to window, then only can open it. This will happen sometimes only. This also proven when show to technician at Kulim service center.
ii) Another big issue is, in while driving the car at road, suddenly the error message pop up saying that key id incorrect. Really shock see this message. Already happen few times ready. Kindly take look the image.

Already send out many mails to Malaysia Service center. But, seem like not good feedback from them and i need send to service center everytime having issue.

product

hi i used to have serena yr 2015(C26), sold it due to gearbox issue, was replaced but there are some minor issues. Eventually we decided to purchase the c267 but surprisingly the cebter seat was removed. We decided to wait if Nissan would bring back this center seat in their facelift models, coz this center seat is something which makes us buy the c26 models.

My history with Nissan started with my first car Nissan Langley way long ago, nissan Latio 2008 (Singapore Tan Chong), and again 2015 Serena, and again we plan to go for new model but the center seat really holding us back.

Pls advice, thanks

nissan x trail year 2016

We have brought a 2.L Nissan X-Trail early year 2016 . The car is less than 3 & half year old . We always sent to Sandakan Service Centre for the services of the Nissan X Trail...

unethical behaviour

The following is the sequence of what happened to my serena car on 17th july 2019, i sent my car serena to tceas service centre at sg rasah klang for a normal routine service...

nissan navara np 300

Sredaran saksi daran july 11, 2019
vehicle reg. No fa 9037
model nissan navara np300
km 45, 000

dear sir,

frequent repairs to new vehicle

in spite of being a new vehicle i am facing difficulty due to frequent breakdown to my vehicle.
The specific repairs are as follows:

1. Battery faulty

the battery went flat within 2 months of the purchase of the vehicle.
New dry cell battery was replaced, although i was recommend the normal (water refilling type) by nissan upon purchasing the vehicle. My request for the old type battery was rejected. This, in spite of me signing up a 50, 000 km maintenance service package and with the 3 years warranty.

2. Air conditioner faulty

the air-con went faulty, continuously running at the maximum temp. Unable to control or reduce the blower. It took nissan service center 2 weeks to get it done. (as wrong parts ordered)

3. Engine oil leaking

the engine oil was leaking after my routine service (just imagine me driving without eng oil and the damage to the vehicle) all this reflects unprofessional services carried out at the nissan service centers.

4. Engine turbo leakage

last week while driving the vehicle slowed down and had less pick-up. Upon checking at the nissan service center, they confirmed there is leakage in the hose (turbo leakage).

This is my second nissan vehicle, first was an almera, now nissan navara. As the repairs are frequent i would kindly request nissan to do a through test on the vehicle and confirm the road worthyness and further extend my warranty period for another 2 years.

sredaran saksi daran

yours faithfully.

Tan Chong Motor Salesunresolved vehicle problem

On the 25th June, 2019, My car, a 2015 Sylphy Signature was sent to Tan Chong Motor, Bukit Timah branch for 42, 000km servicing with my complaints of whinnying sound when driving in low speed from 10 to 30km.

My car servicing was completed with a report that no unusual sound was detected.

On the 1st July 2019, my car was sent in again at 9.00am for checkup and a technician drove and tested the vehicle and the whinnying sound was distinctly heard by him. Thereafter my car was driven back to the servicing center for further action.

At 3.15pm I received a text message saying my car was read to be collected. Upon collection of the car I was shown a service report stating that no problem could be detected again.

Comparing my car with that of my friends car which is about the same age and had clocked 100, 000 plus km, and having sat and tested my friends car, mine obviously is very noisy with whinnying sound.

Please advise whether it's a typical cvt gearbox problem.

nissan x trail

My name is Jesse Nathan and after suggesting to my wife, she finally bought a brand new Nissan x Trail 2.5 from ETCM Chan Sow Lin on May 2019.Now the car is giving a big problem where the rear sensor is malfunctioning and the beep sound is keep on alarming and steering rack is faulty.I send the car twice for inspection and up to date no reply from them.My wife called the call centre and they promised to call and update her last Wednesday between 3-4 pm but no one called. Today I called them up again and their reply is report has been sent to the technical team. I cant drive the car as the beep noise is keep on alarming. Steering is making noise whenever I make a turn.I wish Tan Chong would expedite my case as this is a brand new car and we were so happy to drive a Nissan. My question is, the service team has identified the problem and why is it taking such a long time to setlle this issue?im wondering why a brand new car is giving so much a problem and afters sales really sucks.I do not wish to proceed to social media unless i get a positive feedback from Nissan. The car number is QQ2127 under my wife's name (Kumutham Rajoo).

nissan almera jrw2105

Dear Nissan I am Thirusenthuran ([protected]) today 27/6 my wife came to Nissan centre at skudai for service and complaint on the belting area have noise. After technician has checked he said some parts need to be changed and it may take 1~2 weeks timing to arrive.
Also he advised my wife not to drive fast. From my point of view this is endangering the customer and i hope the part is changed ASAP any misfortune Nissan has to answer on this point. We buy a product to last and safety aspects are taken care also on fast part change and customer satisfaction. I am a Nissan user since 13 years please improve on your service and speed up back log timing.

Please be free to contact me via [protected]@yahoo.com. Currently I am in overseas and my wife uses the car to send my daughter to school please once again think of safety and expedite on this matter.

car parts loose after service

606743 Nissan Serena C27 - VCQ3789 1. Car received end of January after 3 month the Instrument upper box left leg lock pin pop out suddenly when open. Think can repair during 5000km...

poor customer service and management.

X-Trail sent in for accident repair on 1st May and insurance approved on the 2 weeks. 24th May I visited, they told me that their man already on leave for 2 weeks and my car was nothing done yet. They supposed to inform earlier to customer if they can't fix it not just wait or leave it there until customer asked. They shall not accept any car if nobody working during that time. My 1st time bought Nissan car and already had a bad experience with their poor responsibility and management. Hope that their top management will look into it and improve it.

gearbox spoiled for only used for 44, 641km

I have been supporting Tan Chong holdings for more than 20 years and have bought 3 cars from Tan Chong, 1 unit Sentral, 1 unit previous model X-Trail and the present X-Trail 2.0L CVT, However this time, I quite shock with my X-trail 2.0L CVT, the gear box need to replace and I have to pay for myself for RM17, 860.00, because this car have just over 3 years warranty period (bought 20 Jan 2016).

This car was inspected and confirmed the problem and Quotation was issued by Public Motor Service Centre at 51, Jalan SME2, Kawasan Perindustrian SME, 81000 Kulai, Johor, Quotation No: RO16680 dated 10-4-19

Based on my past loyalty support to Nissan, I sincerely hope Tan Chong will look into this serious problem, and can replace the gear box of my car free of charge, because really don't understand the gear box can be spoiled for such a new car and only use less than 45, 000km for 3 years. May be out of 10, 000 X-Trail sold, only have 1 car have this problem.

Really hope to hear the good news from Tan Chong as soon as possible.

Theresa Choo

kereta tidak diterima walau booking sudah di bayar

Hanafi bin hussin
Lot 2199 jln rajawali
Kg pulau serai, 23000.
Dungun terengganu.

Perkara : complain kereta lambat terima. (tcb506-navara se auto black series)

Saya telah membeli sebuah kereta nissan navara di etcm kuantan atas nama tijah binti omar. aggrement telah ditandatangan dengan public bank caw. kuantan pada 12/3/2019 lebih kurang jam 1340. di sini saya sangat tidak berpuas hati dengan khidmat etcm kerana terlalu lama masa yang di ambil untuk mendapat sebuah kereta walaupun urusan jual beli dan perjanjian sudah hampir tiga minggu. ini pertama kali saya berurusan beli kereta dengan syarikat nissan. sebelum ini saya sudah banyak beli kenderaan dengan syarikat lain seperti hino 4 buah lori (2 minggu selepas sign aggrement sudah dapat), mitsubishi outlander (2 hari selepas sign aggrement sudah dapat. betul-betul menjaga pelanggan). tetapi dengan etcm selepas tiga minggu masih tiada berita.. perlukah saya tunggu dua bulan atau 3bulan untuk sebuah kereta.. saya sudah rasa takut dan serik untuk membeli dengan etcm. saya sebagai pembeli
Rasa terkilan dengan pihak etcm. saya harap kereta saya di terima sebelum 9/4/2019 kerana 10/4/2019 saya pergi menunaikan umrah ke mekah.
harap ada komitmen dari pihak etcm.

late delivery of nissan x-trail 2.5l aero edition (brown leather seat)

606743 To whom it may concern, Re: Late Delivery of Nissan X-Trail 2.5L Aero Edition (Brown Leather) I have booked, paid booking fee, signed loan approval documents and paid the...

unexpected problem

Hi Sir/Mdm,

Good day!

I've bought a Nissan XTrail 2.0 last year on 4/2/2018 from Nissan PJ main branch.
My car reg. VBE 6455. It was a 2017 car. The problem is im driving my xtrail like drivin an old van with alot of noise, really irritating, its come from the seats at the back. i brought few times ready to Nissan PJ n Puchong, but still unsolved. So is it the quality of the car from Nissan Company. Im really disappointed for the service and also the product as well. Its look like i made a wrong choice n I won't suggest to all my frens out there to buy Nissan product. Please give me a solution.

Thank you.

ASP V. Karthigainathan
[protected]

booking from able motor sdn bhd

On 29/12/2018 I made a booking for VL Black Series Nissan Navara White Colour by paying RM500 after loan approval of RM96, 800 from Hong Leong Bank. I was told by the Sale...

service

I would like to ask what had happened to nissan tan chong at seberang prai? I have been calling multiple times since yesterday to arrange appointments for my car service but there...

product and service

1. My Nissan Almera problem (airconditional problem when steering turn left) cannot be solve after 10 days left my car @ Nissan SC. 2. Then after that call me to replace cooling...

nissan x trail

606743 I am referring to issues pertaining to my newly purchased nissan x-trail (vcg 8729). Let me brief you on all the matters of concerns here; 1. I noticed flickering sounds on my...

I am complaining about a theft that happened when I sent my car for service.

I sent my car for service at Glenmarie Service Centre earlier today only to find out they stole my iPhone charger and also my hand sanitizer. It's rather pathetic for them to...

service advisor liar

606743 I send my nissan serena hybrid registration number vau 2640 at kota damansara service centre on 14/12/2018 at time 9.30 am for 20000km servicing. I came back at time 2.30 pm my...

late delivery

I had do booking nissan Grand livina impul package on 28/11/18. As to date still not get the delivery yet.
BRANCH NISSAN NIBONG TEBAL.
TCC60823
MOHD SOBRI BIN TAJUDIN

The salesman was really professional and explain to me well about the delivery but I thought Nissan Tan Chong Motors such a big company where the delivery and others services must go faster should have no issue

I really don't understand and not expecting this from Nissan TCM

Cc: Dato Tan heng Chew
Mr Lee Min On

your staff is very rude

Dear Tan Chong Motor, We are one of your customer. Yesterday, I call for settlement statement from PIC before name Tuan Nur Farahim Binti Tuan Abd Razif from Hire Purchase...

nissan latio - sun visor and door knob

My name is Chin Ka Yeok and have been supporting Tan Chong holdings for more than 10 years and bought 3 cars during this time However, my latio is very problematic Recently, the...

delay of nissan serena c27

Dear Nissan,

I placed my booking for Nissan highway star white Silver with black interior leather seats before official launching on the 21.7.18 (No: 004841) from Tan Chong Klang Branch.

Until today, there is no news at all re date when can get the car.

What is the point and meaning of early booking where we don't get to enjoy and feel any difference? Please keep to the promises and be professional.

Insurance claim

Dear Head of Complaint Dept My name is Nicholas Khoo, am a Nissan Teana user (vehicle plate [replaced]). Attached are the cover note, grant, police report, scene photos. Am...

wc2412d

Dear Sir/Madam, I am Sugunah A/P Sidambaram, the owner of Nissan Sylphy WC2412D which is 3 years old car feel dissapointed with the quality of the said car. Recently my car...

servicing

Customer car service by the staff not perform well. It depend by the staff if they fast working then that car finish early. It s not fare to some people that comer early but got...

nissan navara vl plus black series

Following my wife's complaint several hours ago, a Nissan customer service representative contacted us and had stated that the "design" of the Berliner hooks had been changed...

nissan navara black series

I bought a Nissan navara VL plus and upgraded to blackseries before delivery. There were no show units for black series so what they've mentioned Is that black series has extra accessories otherwise it's the same as VL plus henceforth why they call it VL plus black series.

I got a shock today when I went to collect my truck when the hook holders at the back was actually fixed arc the bottom and the usual hook holder spot was sealed.

Now they mention is a new design which I did not ask for. How can they expect me to take the truck when I can't use to tie my crates at the back when that was the main purpose of me buying a truck.

If this issue isn't resolved, I am taking legal action for conning clients.

My number is [protected].

nissan navara black series

sales assistant

I'm very disappointed with your sales assistant.I bought new nissan serena c27 and trade in my subaru xv.Already received the new car early September but the problem is when I...