Honda Activaself start and starting problem

I took h0nda activa in last week of feb from pune, dealer b.U. Bhandari camp pune.
Since starting I was facing the problem of self start. I told them and they said that they willl change the oil and charged me 200 rs for that. But then also faced problem and then one day it stopped all together, horn and light too. Took to dealer and he charged battery and charged fee to me for that too.
But problem persisted and I am still facing problem.
My battery is of exide and is in waranty period.
I have been to dealer many times with no results and see customer court as an last option.

If you can help me you can contact me @
[protected]@gmail.com

Name - swati garg
Place - pune, maharashtra
Dealer - b.U. Bhandari, camp, pune

• Ta
    Tarun Garg Mar 11, 2010

Hello Sir,

My Self Ashok Kumar Garg, I have Purchased Honda Activa Dated: 03:03:2009 from Chandigarh,
    dealer Platinum Honda, Chandigarh.
    Since starting i was facing the problem of Self Start. I told them and they said that they willl change the oil and charged me 200 Rs for that.
    But problem persisted and i am still facing problem.
    My battery is of amco and what should i do now?

If you can help me you can contact me @

kapur parveen May 30, 2010

I AM ALSO FACING THE SAME PROBLEM

• Pr
    pradeepchristy Sep 15, 2011

I am facing the same problem. Someone can give me help on it solve the problem?

• Al
    AlbyAbraham Oct 23, 2011

Hi All,

Even, I had the starting problem with self start. But the problem was a bit more grave. Along with self start, the indicator and the horn would also not work. And No, the problem was not with the battery, as I was sure that a maintenance free battery wont cause me problem within one year. But, the good thing was my scooter would start with a couple of tries by keeping the choke open and by kick starting. So I asked the mechanic at the Honda Service station regarding the problem. He told me to put a drop of engine oil in the key hole. I tried even that but to no avail. Then I decided to open it up. Opening the battery compartment is not a tedious or complicated task. Just 4 nuts as given in the manual. Here you can see the hind of the key hole, where three wires are connected. One of the wire goes straight down through a black connector and there is another connector which is white in colour which has three wires going through it. I disconnected both the connectors cleaned them and reconnected them. This did the trick and my self start is working fine since then...

Sanjay Kumar E Apr 14, 2016

This is regarding the Honda Scooter Starting Problem.

I have purchased a Honda Activa 3G from Ananda Honda, Hosa Road Showroom in Bangalore on Feb - 2016

Problem Statement:
    When I am trying to start my scooter Honda Activa 3G, either way by kick or self it is not working. The start requires minimum 10-15 kicks even with or without choke;
    1. Morning (COLD Hours) : I am facing the starting problem, during morning hours (while going to office)
    2, During daytime (HOT Condition), it will not self start, if the vehicle is not used more than 4-5 hrs (say while returning from office)
    Worst Part of Problem :
    3. AT TRAFFIC JUNCTIONS (Engine Hot Condition) : It is not switching on (self start), if you switch off the scooter at TRAFFIC JUNCTIONS. This problem is intermittent, that means 2 to 3 times (out of 10 traffic signals, if you switch off your vehicle).
    4. Rainy Season (Engine Hot Condition) :If you are riding the vehicle in rainy season, if you switch off at traffic signals, it may not switch on at traffic signals. Again this problem is intermittent, But frequency is higher compared to 3rd point above (that means without rain)

I have given the vehicle for rectification of this issue at the Hosa Road service center 3 time Before, During and After First service.
    But The problem still there.

Note:
    a. I have checked this issue with my friends and relatives, almost everyone is having this issue irrespctive of whether it is ACTIVA 3G/ 125/ DIO.
    b. I am having another 2 more vehicles, Tvs Scooty Pep+ and Pulsar 180 Dtsi in Bangalore . Even though old vehicle, i am not facing any of these issues with them (as the self start is seamless).

So requesting your help to resolve this problem.

You can see some url threads related to this in discussion forums:
    Honda Activa — self start and starting problem