Honda of Clearlake / Stay away

United States Review updated:

I am a female customer that bought a car that was labeled Certified from this dealership. I have had a whole week of headaches. The salesman made all kinds of promises to do everything that needed to be done before I signed for the car. I purchased the car late in the evening but realized that detailing would be necessary and new tires. The next day I discovered it also had a cracked windshield as well. I made four trips in four days for scheduled appointments; each day it was an excuse to not meet their promises. After the fifth day, I spoke to the head of Used Cars, he agreed with the salesmen and was not going to do anything else to make the sale of the car as agreed. He even said it was an "as is" deal and sarcastically remarked, "You have a good evening". This was not the case when I bought the car. It was supposed to be certified just as a new car with everything covered from the top to the bottom. I have A-1 credit and I could have easily bought a brand new car at another dealer. I signed several papers, which I only received a few in the mail. I would not recommend this dealership to anyone who expects to get what is promised.
Va

Comments

Sr
  21st of Sep, 2008
I live in Staten Island, NY and had a horrible experience with the financing manager of Honda. The salesman was very good. I decided to re-lease my car and was ready to pick it up. I had my husband come with me during the meeting with the financial manager. First the manager never shook our hands, gave us a rediculous monthly number for a 15, 000 car and was extremely pompous. He talked about how he sells 400 cars a month and he knows what he is doing. My husband got so upset he had to walk out fo the office. I told him to show me the numbers, he did not. He never showed me proof of interest rates, etc. He agreed to give me another car and reduced it by 40/monthly payments. He also refused to tell me how he got to that number. Needless to say, I walked out!!
Mi
  23rd of Sep, 2008
HONDA OF CLEARLAKE SCAMS EVERYONE LETS SUE THAT ### PLACE THEY NEED PEOPLE TO STAND UP TO THEM THE OWNER IS ONE OF THE WORST ONES!!!
Ji
  22nd of Aug, 2010
I just purchased a used car from them and they manipulated the numbers and increased the negotiated price of the car. I did not realize what they did until after I had signed the contract. I will be filing formal complains and hiring a lawyer if they will not correct the contract.
3s
  29th of Sep, 2010
I bought a new vehicle at Honda of Clear Lake a couple of weeks ago and after everything is signed I left and a few days later I received the copies of the forms I signed in the mail and I almost passed out when I saw the amount. The people involved in sales & finance cooked up the figures in the thousands. Financial Manager told me he sees about $1600.00 in descrepancies but the figures don't lie. So I went ahead and agreed to the $1600.00 that he said will be mailed to my address in 3 to 4 days but it's been 9 days and I left a message for him to call me but never did. I wished that I have done a little more research about the place but mistake was done and I am filing a complaint to the Office of the Attorney General and maybe the BBB, also.
It took me years to save up for a good down payment and it only took the scammers less than an hour to rob it from me.
Un
  20th of Jan, 2011
I purchased a used car with an extended warranty there in early August. It took over 5 months to get the waranty paperwork from Honda. When I did get it the coverage was significantly reduced from what I signed up for. My paperwork said $0.0 deductible and 60 months coverage or 100k miles. The new paperwork stated $100 deductible, 36 months coverage or 84k miles. Although the coverage was greatly reduced the price was still the same. I called repeatedly and could not talk to anyone who could help me. I went into the dealership and was told there was nothing they could do except cancel the warranty if I wanted. It basically screwed me from getting warranty cover I could have gotten if I financed thru my credit union. The classic bait & switch.
Js
  10th of Jun, 2011
For me, the Honda Clear Lake sales manager, Patrick started getting arrogant when he saw he wasn't going to be able to rip me off on a new car. $42k for a new 2011 Pilot is a joke!. That's as much as a small house!!

Honda Motor Logo Honda Motor