McCarthy Volkswagen Logo

McCarthy Volkswagen

Having problems with McCarthy Volkswagen?

McCarthy Volkswagen reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 3, 2009. The latest review Cancelling my VW Tiguan 2.0 due to terrible sales conduct was posted on Oct 10, 2021. The latest complaint bad service and lies was resolved on Oct 11, 2015. McCarthy Volkswagen has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 36 reviews. McCarthy Volkswagen has resolved 2 complaints.

McCarthy Volkswagen Customer Service Contacts

6-8 Sunset Crescent, Umhlanga Ridge, Umhlanga Ridge, Kwazulu Natal
South Africa - 4320

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with McCarthy Volkswagen Customer Service. Initial McCarthy Volkswagen complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for McCarthy Volkswagen above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about McCarthy Volkswagen. Discuss the issues you have had with McCarthy Volkswagen and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

McCarthy Volkswagen Complaints & Reviews

McCarthy VolkswagenCancelling my VW Tiguan 2.0 due to terrible sales conduct

I'm cancelling my purchase from McCarthy VW Durban Commercial Road due to the sales rep disgraceful conduct during the sales process an the lies
The sales rep initially quoted me of 780k for the vehicle, on signing the documents the invoice went up to 810k without him even calling me or asvising, which by the way he didn't have to woth the amount of calls I gave him he could have updated me anytime in the period of waiting for the finance to come through .
When I queried why the increase he had a cheek to tell me that they sold that particular one and there was a price increase on another new vehicle they had find.
Like what's this got to do with me
You quoted me a price so if u need to find another one you need to do it at the same price
I've checked new stock hasn't come in yet
Which mean he just pulled stock from another dealer at the old price but changed it to the new pricing without even advising me

Becareful when u buying from these people McCarthy and study your finance documents thoroughly !!!

Bought many VWs from Hoopers an Newcastle VW and these are honourable dealers I'll go back anytime

McCarthy VolkswagenI’m complaining about service

I took my car at be acardia Pretoria for it's first service polo 8 gti. It was having a problem of making noise when I apply brakes and when I reverse it was making a resistance noise when I brake. I reported the problem and it was never solved. All they did was to pray with something white. It only lasted for a day after I took my car and the problem started after. I took my car back about three times still the problem is not solved. And the consultant is not communicating or updating with anything. Michael mlangeni is the consultant. My car is still under motor plan

McCarthy VolkswagenAudi A4 TFSI 1.4 2017

I bought Audi A4 in June 2021 and upon collecting the car it didn't have spare keys. I asked for the spare keys and the assistant said he will look for it. Weeks went by without hearing from Petrus. Then I did personal visits and spare keys potos were taken. It took a month before I received feedback from Petrus that they can't get the spare keys. I have to bring in the car again for another potos to be taken so they can go to Audi. On the 20th September when I do follow up Petrus said I must wait to hear from admin clerk when they found the keys. I am not happy with Bidvest Gezina service as this is taking long to be resolved. How can they sell me a car without spare keys. A car worth more than 300 000 but no keys. If my car get stolen or something happens and insurance asked for spare keys what will I do. I need my spare keys as every car you buy must have spare keys. I am sending this complaint over because I want good value for my money before I start taking legal routes.

Audi A4 TFSI 1.4 2017
      Audi A4 TFSI 1.4 2017

McCarthy VolkswagenLock nut

I am a VW customer with two cars from the same dealer (VW Jetta and Amarok)I bought a VW Amarok in Menlyn, Pretoria in December 2018 and left the country since I was working abroad until last year, December 2020. I just discovered that there is no lock nut in my tool bag of Amarok. The only people who opened the bag since I bought the car were VW Hatfield staff when they had to fit in the lock nut of the spare wheel. On complaining to the manager, he referred me to the Manager in Menlyn where I bought the car indicating that they might have forgotten to include the same since I have never changed the wheels or tyres. On meeting with the Manger in Menlyn, she referred me back to Hatfield saying that they should be the ones responsible since they are the ones who serviced my car on two occasions plus fitting the sparewheel.
        I am not happy about the way in which both the managers since they really did not show any concern about my problem and all they do is to shift blame and send me from one dealer to another. I even requested both managers to check with their technicians and sales persons of which they were both reluctant. I left my contact details with the Manager in Hatfield but no update call received to date after almost two weeks, whereas the one in Menlyn just told me that she cannot do that since the sales person who sold the car is no longer with them.
        I am feeling like a stranger since both VW managers treated me like a crazy person while all they did were protecting their staff and trying to get rid of me.
        On arrival at Menlyn, I was received by a sales person guy who cooperated and supported me after listening to my concern, however the man just changed infront of his manager maybe he did that to secure his job. I even indicated the possibility of the sales person forgetting to include the lock nut on the tool bag or the same tool missing at the warehouse where the car was stored but he just changed his perspective in the presence of his manager.
        My email address is: [protected]@gmail.com
        Contact number: +[protected]

McCarthy VolkswagenService

Bought a Polo Vivo from Witbank Branch. First of all I have lost my husband when I've contacted MFC regarding the credit life policy they informed me there is no credit life policy, now who is responsible for this mistake surely the salesman was supposed to add this to the sales contract.

My son was in an accident with the car in May, we needed to order a new key, I've approached the branch paid the key and up to now no key, no calls from anybody.

The worst service I've received from salesperson up to management. I spoke to Johan Stemmet and Freddie several times and everytime they have stories.

I am really very discusted with the service I have received up to date.

I will never buy a car from VW again and I will also not recommend VW to anybody.

McCarthy VolkswagenService delivery

Good Morning

i would like to lay a complaint, about VW umhlange, the are totally un aware of the customers need .

my car as a shadder its is also under 25000km

its been for all its services an is upto date

i am a working women, this job allows me to purchase a car like a polo . I attempted to book my car in however there is no one to check my car on a saturday, nor is there a shuttle service to take me to my place of work .

( i even offer for the car to be collected from me an then returned to my place of work under 5 km away, this was also turned down ... you dont have a uber service for customers ?!?!? cost saver !!!)
            I didnt just buy the car, but the after service you offer .

I have had to take leave to make time for this matter .

Tell me isthis the level of service Bid vest supports ?!?

It is also very interesting to note that now with the change in SA law i need not service or maintain my new verhical with YOU, i can find any approved service agent .

note i will never purchase from bidvest again nor will i bring in my car for service with you .

i turn over my cars ever 3 - 5 years, thank you for showining me i can better spend my money .

kind regards
            Phillosha thaver
            [protected]

Dec 17, 2020

McCarthy Volkswagen — New car sales

I had the worst experience at vw Umhlanga. I purchased a new car a week before my wedding which had a defect...

Jan 20, 2020

McCarthy Volkswagen — vehicle

On the 26th of November 2019 I went to McCarthy Gezina to collect the vehicle and sign the contract only to...

Nov 15, 2019

McCarthy Volkswagen — service

Hy, My name is Andile Mdunge I bought a grey Polo 1.0 in September 20 this year(2019).The car had already...

Nov 01, 2019

McCarthy Volkswagen — charges and services

I bought a car at this dealer in 2018. I was charged R2500 for licensing and disc. I had informed the sale...

McCarthy Volkswagengolf 7 2018

I bought a brand new Golf 7 2018 in Feb 2018 model with lots of additional features. Since the before the first service the car was making whining noise coming from the engine. Almost the sound of a winding belt sound. Especially when driving on a incline and at a slow speed or in traffic. I have taken the car to VW Germiston, VW Constantia - both have confirmed that is nothing . Saying there are flat spots on the tyres. But flat spots on tyres don't make a whining belt noise. I suspect it is the turbo and they do not want to repair while still under warranty. and When the warranty is up then I will have to fork out the cash.Very disappointed with the After sales service of VW

Jul 31, 2019

McCarthy Volkswagen — complaint regarding service

My vw tiguan went for a service on 29 Jul 2019. Due to medical issues I am not allowed to drive for the next...

McCarthy Volkswagen — service plan sales scam

Mccarthy vw gezina & mccarthy limited with fsp number 6852 Per email: [protected]@mcmotor.co.za 13 november...

McCarthy Volkswagen — unethical behaviour

I went to VW Constantia on the 17th of October where I was excited about beginning the process of buying a...

Benoni

McCarthy Volkswagen — vw golf

Im gutted with the terrible service ive received from vw westgate, the manager brandon has absolutely no...

Johannesburg

McCarthy Volkswagen — service

I bought a used bmw x3 from middelburg, mpumalanga, the mastercar checklist stated windscreen washers tested...

Bidvest McCarthy Volkswagen Arcadia — polo tsi comfort line

I hereby lay a formal complaint against VW Arcadia with their unprofessional behavior, and...

Pretoria

McCarthy Volkswagen — product quality

Hi, I bought a 2016 VW polo vivo reg: HD12YHGP at VW Wonderboom in November 2017. I complaint about the...

Pretoria

McCarthy Volkswagenneldo steenkamp (sales executive)

Good day,

I bought a VW Polo 1.2 Highline at your branch in Silver Oaks -
                December 2017
                [protected] / [protected]
                Firstly he delivered the car with an expired license disc (June 2017), after me begging for a temporary number plate and the Natis paperwork i received it finally after a long time period.
                i Received a FAULTY remote controlled toy car (the reason why i took the deal for my sons birthday) and when i wanted to test it - it was not able to drive, he then refused to replace the car so i had to get an electrician to solder one of the boards. breaking the windscreen in the process, so i had to give my child a broken gift for his very first birthday!
                Then after promising me they will refund me for all the licensing and number plates that was not in place during the time of delivery.
                Got at the License offices and they told me to take the car for a roadworthy test which i was never informed that will expire - i had to pay R400 for the test and the licensing was R336, Number plates R320. all this was sent to your sales executive Neldo Steenkamp at Silver Oaks.

Please provide me with his direct line manager or customer care who can refund me as promised - this is resulting in a very bad image for your service.

Call me on [protected] - Jeandre Boonzaaier

McCarthy Volkswagen — poor after sale service

I bought the VW Amarok as demo from Witbank McCarthy VW on the 23 February and took delievery the same. The...