Honda / Deposit Refund

1 15220 Shaw road s.eCalgary, Alberta, Canada
Phone: 403-230-7777

A few months I gave a deposit on a bike. When my application for credit was refused, that'snwhen all the problems started.
When I told them I was going to get my money back the next day, nothing was ready, no paperworks, the key people did not seem to be aware of the situation. Everytime I call to find out the status of my refund, all I hit is delays, excuses and more delays.
Now a week later... finally or so I thought, when they said they finally prepared the cheque.( Most liekely beacause I called Honda Canada and complaned as well as the better business bureau). I asked about the amount on the cheque... at my big surprise!!! ( yeah right) they tell me it will be a little bit less because of taxes and administartion fees. bla bla bla...
The law clearly states in Alberta that any deposit given towards an credit application that gets refused must be returned in it's full amount.

My advice... If you are going to deal with them... Make sure you only have to do it once... Arrive with all your cash in hand to pay in one shot your purchase or if possible try to see if you can buy somewhere else the product your looking.
If it's this hard to get money back for something that is law, imagine when it came time to perform after sales warranty issue's!!!
I hope I'm the only one who had to deal with this issue as it has been causing me a great deal level of stress and greive having to deal with this issue.