Home Depot / credit card
I work overseas. Before leaving on a 6 month tour, I made sure to pay my HD card. I walked to the store customer service dept and asked for the account balance so that I could pay in full. I paid the amount I was told.
Left the country. 6 months later I saw this collection of bills from them asking for payment. What shocked me the most is that the amount was a small amount plus 4-5 late fee charges of 35 dollars each! 175 dollars of late fees?
My wife went to the HD to ask them to correct their error. After arguing for a while she was told we were going to receive the bill that showed only their original charge that they had missed when I paid off account. SURPRISE!!! The next bill showed the amount in disputed PLUS 35 dollar late fee.
Now, the account is closed and they still treating me to continue collecting 35 dollars every month. Has any one have an experience like this? Is this legal?
More Home Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Home Depot Stainmaster Carpet - staineasy carpet 
- Home Depot Credit Card - I urge all of you never to get this credit card! 
- GE Adora - dishwasher won't clean dishes 
- American Craftsman Windows At Home Depot - windows 
- Home Depot Store Employee Complaint - Employees 
- Home Depot - install matag dryer
- Home Depot - online order ship to store
- Home Depot - employee
- Home Depot - refrigerator missing after receiving call it would be delivered
- Home Depot - discrepancies of estimate