H.H. Gregg / Lack of customer service

United States Review updated:
I bought a freezer from H.H. Gregg in July 2007. It was my first visit to an H.H. Gregg store and my first purchase from them, and will be my last. First off, we were entirely ignored in the store until one of the salesmen realized we were there as serious purchasers. Then he gave us very smart-alecky service and tried to double-charge us for delivery. When the freezer was delivered, the delivery men rammed into a tree in front of my house. They didn't apologize at all, didn't say hi, nothing--my daughter was just anxious for them to leave, because they were so scuzzy and creepy. Afterward, the bark was peeling from the tree and the neighbors were worried it would fall, so I reported it to the city (it was on city property) and the city took it down. The tree may have been on city property, but it did provide us shade and we do miss it.

Gregg had sent a couple of men out to inspect the damage, but as of today, I'd heard nothing back, so I called. The woman I spoke with asked me "what sort of resolution would you like to this?" I said ideally I'd like the tree replaced but that I thought a refund of my $45.00 delivery charge would be the least they could do. This afternoon a man called me back from Gregg and told me that, since the city had taken the tree down, they considered the "case closed." He sounded aghast when recounting that I'd asked for a refund of my delivery charge. He kept repeating that the "case was closed" and said there "wasn't any damage to their truck". He ignored me when I mentioned that my daughter had seen the collision happen.

I said: "Well, you won't have me as a customer again." "Okay," was his response. I'll never go back to H.H. Gregg again and plan to give them as much bad press as I can. There's no excuse for "customer service" like this in this day and age. I simply can't believe the consistent rudeness and bad service this place delivered.

N  5th of Oct, 2007 by
On 9/9/2007 I ordered some tapes from hhgregg.com. One week later, after the tapes had not arrived, I checked the website for delivery information; it was not available. I called 1-866-WSGREGG; Britney assured me that my tapes would be sent out. A week later my tapes had not arrived, I called again and was assured that my tapes would be sent out. Another week later, my tapes had not arrived, I called again and was assured that my tapes would be sent out. Five days later I called again - same story, my tapes would be sent. The next day, I called back three times to make a point - that evening my tapes were sent out. hhgregg is pathetic!!!
N  4th of Jul, 2013 by
We recently bought both a 55" Smart TV & a refrigerator from H.H.Gregg. I love the frig. - it has a bottom freezer. You can't screw up delivering that - all you have to do is plug it in. The TV is another matter. We love the TV, but we sincerely disapprove of, & dislike the subcontractors that deliver for H.H.Gregg. They "dump & run". They didn't know how to set up the TV. We ended up having an H.H. Gregg supervisor come out to finally fix it. Yesterday we went back for a gas range, OTR microwave & dishwasher. Prices were good, but they failed to tell us about installation charges until the paperwork was finished. The installation charges for the OTR microwave & dishwasher were almost $300 each! All from sub-contractors. This is how they get away with saying "we're the cheapest". We cancelled the purchases & ended up buying the same appliances somewhere else with a minimal installation charge.

HH Gregg Logo HH Gregg