Hewlett Packard / pavilion dv4 laptop
In oct. 2008, I purchased a new hp pavilion dv4 laptop. 23 days later, it began to malfunction. Less than 1 month old! Over the next 9 months it was sent for repair 4 different times. Each time I got it back, it worked correctly for a short period of time, then would begin malfunctioning again. So after the 4th "repair" & still malfunctioning, I emailed the president/ceo of hp. This was in the 10th month. A few weeks later a hp rep called me to get more info. After explaining all the problems & informing rep of the 4 failed attempts by hp to repair it, the rep ask what I wanted them to do. My reply was that I want hp to replace my dv4, barely over a year old, with a new dv4 or laptop of equal value since mine was obviously a lemon which could not be repaired. The reps response was: "we're not going to just give you a new laptop for free!" I argued that a free replacement would be only fair, since their product was obviously defective to begin with. The rep replied that hp would repair it for a fee since it was 40 days out of warranty. I responded that hp had made 4 attempts while it was still under warranty & failed all 4 times. Anyway, to date hp has remained totally unwilling to replace my laptop, which quit working completely on 12/12/10.
Bottom line; hp products suck & so does the company! Screw hp & all of their products!! (Bty: i'm using my new netbook of a different & far superior brand).
More Hewlett Packard Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service