Having problems with Office Depot?

Office Depot reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 14, 2006. The latest review Manager was posted on Nov 23, 2021. The latest complaint Product and refund was resolved on Oct 25, 2021. Office Depot has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 256 reviews. Office Depot has resolved 122 complaints.

Office Depot Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 463 3768 (Customer Service)
6600 N Military Trl
Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Office Depot Customer Service. Initial Office Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Office Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Office Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Office Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Office Depot Complaints & Reviews

Nov 23, 2021

Office Depot — Manager

Our Company, Elite Realty Partners, Inc. have been a customer of Office Depot since inception. We have...

Office Depotcopy paper

I ordered 2 boxes of copy paper. Both arrived separately, both damaged. The 2nd box came in a completely different box, none of the reams were still in their wrap, all papers just tossed into a box. We cannot use this efficiently. In the past few months our orders are getting delivered by UPS instead of the local delivery service it had been for years. Now, with UPS, EVERY SINGLE delivery has arrived late, damaged, already opened & taped back together and every single ream of paper has been opened. This is unacceptable. I have received credit for this most recent delivery, but you need to change your delivery choices. We are already looking into changing suppliers.

copy paper

• Office Depot's response · Nov 22, 2021

Dear Ms. Law,

I deeply apologize for the issue with your deliveries and most recent the copy paper. Please provide me the order #'s so I can confirm the appropriate warehouse to be addressed at the management level.

Robert Brown

Nov 18, 2021

Office Depot — $15.00 gift card with purchase

Hi, I purchased a fireplace for over $300.00 and they had a promotion for a FREE $15.00 visa gift card...

Office Depotorder number [protected]

this order was place on November 3rd to be picked up at a nearby store. I had the receipt that i was sent after purchase but the online store would not release the items to local store because of a billing address error with card. after 30 minutes on phone with an agent who said the order was fixed the items were still not released 30 minutes later. another 30 minutes on phone to cancel order and reorder on phone with another agent there was still an error with the billing address which my bank who issued the debit card said was under correct address i was still not able to pick up items. My debit account was charged twice in the amount of over 900 twice and even though i could not pick up items, both transactions have been cancelled but the amounts are still pending at my bank until 3 more days! which is not fair since i was not able to pick items up, if the amounts went thru on my banks end i shouldve gotten my items, and Office Depot said they cannot do anything to remove the pending amount now! so disappointed with this situation and waste of time!!

• Office Depot's response · Nov 05, 2021

Hi Lorena,

Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that your experience with Office Depot has not met your expectations.
        While we'd love the opportunity to regain your trust, I confirmed we have not debited funds from your account, we understand how frustrated you must be to hear this. I advise you to please contact your bank for resolution if there is still a hold on your account. I want to sincerely thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always striving to improve our customer service, and your feedback is essential to that process. My deepest apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you. If you still require further assistance regarding this matter please feel to contact us direct and provide the details of your complaint also include your case number below.

Case# [protected]

Office DepotLive chat

Just been on line with Live Chat. Wanted to get a receipt for an item I had bought at a local store today.

Chat took almost 20 minutes for such a simple request. Finally told to go on line.

System needs a little work as there were many long pauses from your end. Operator should have asked if I was a Rewards Member at start not after about 20 minutes

• Office Depot's response · Nov 05, 2021

Dear Mr. Hopkins,

I am sorry to learn about the disappointment with Customer's Care Service. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. The complaint has been escalated to assure this isn't repeated. Please kindly send your contact information to [email protected] and also include your case number below.

Paula
          Case#[protected]

Respond

Office DepotDonna Pooler voice tone were very sharp and rude then she hung up on me, her poor behavior is not acceptable.

To whom it may concern:

This letter is to inform you of the damage to my computer that occurred while your store's Tech Center was installing a new ram memory card on my computer. I brought my computer to your store for repair, due to it not fully powering up. Your store did a diagnostic report and found the error in the ram memory section. They advised me to purchase a ram memory card so they could install it to fix the computer. I purchased the memory ram as they advised, and they were working on the repairs.

A Tech Center personnel, Sohambhai, called me and said, "I am sorry; I broke your computer and it's in beyond repairing." He said he told his manager and they put a claim in to replace it. I clearly told him, just make sure you replace it with no out of pocket cost to me, due to this being your error. He said the insurance claim will cover it.

Donna Pooler, the claim adjuster, called me. She was rude with her tone and blunt words. She said they discontinued my computer model. Donna told me she found 3 computers like mine which cost 699.99, 689.99 and 679.99. She said they will pay 515.00, but I must pay the 165.00 difference. I told her this was not my error, and it's not fair for me to pay for your store's error. I was NOT the one who broke it; your company broke it. Donna Pooler told me, "I am only going to give you 515.00 take it or leave it." (Imagine someone telling you that with a sharp and rude tone, you would not be pleased either). I asked Donna to let me speak with her manager, she refused to give me her supervision name and number.
        Donna Pooler hung up on me. That's no way to treat a customer, especially a faithful customer. Donna Pooler's customer service skills are very poor, and she should not speak to customers with her poor behavior and service ability. Donna Pooler made and continues to make Office Depot look very bad.

I have been a faithful customer for years, possibly the most frequent customer. That's why when I was treated rudely by Donna Pooler the claim adjuster, I filed a complaint. My computer was severely damaged by your company. Donna refused to accept responsibly of her company's error and wants to force me to pay the difference of your error. Your company is solely responsible for the damage and was negligent while my computer was in your care.

I am asking that you pay the 165.00 difference including taxes of the damages made by one of your stores. If the low-end cost is 679.99 to replace my computer, pay the entire 679.00. This is your error; the depreciation value should not count against me.

PROBLEM ONE. Sohambhai, the tech person, advised me to buy the ram memory card independently. I brought the ram memory card to the store, they said Sohambhai only works weekends, and he is the only person that can fix computers. I had to wait until the next Saturday for my computer to be repaired, which greatly inconvenienced me. When I dropped off my computer, they never told me that the tech only works weekends, or I would have taken my computer elsewhere for repair.

PROBLEM TWO. After the incident, I told the tech; I need my information off my computer. They told me that Donna said they are not allowed to touch my computer since they made this error. Local store person said, Donna told them not to talk to me.
        I refuse to talk to a rude person; our conservation did not go well. Donna Pooler owes me an apology. Only if she chooses to apologize, will I speak with her. It's best that I deal with someone else, but Donna refused to give me her supervision name and number.

PROBLEM THREE. Not having my computer has strongly inconvenienced me of doing my job. I called customers service and spoke with Nicole and filed a complaint. I have not heard anything. Therefore, I am writing this letter. It is going on records that I did inform Office Depot about the damage, I am requesting that Office Depot take responsibility for the damages and pay 100% to replace the computer that they broke.
        Please contact me as soon as possible. You may email me at annette.[protected]@gmail.com or call me at [protected].

Annette Sigh
        annette.[protected]@gmail.com
        [protected]

Office DepotProduct and refund

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with!!! I received a defective chair to begin with! Then, they were supposed to come get it after I had to disassemble the entire thing, and that also got screwed up!!! I had to chase a ups man down to get them to pick it up because it had never been put through properly. On top of all that, they received the item back, a $536.00 chair, and I am still waiting for a refund!!! This company is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with!!! Stay clear of them

• Updated by Kathleen Bauman · Oct 25, 2021

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with!!! I received a defective chair to begin with! Then, they were supposed to come get it after I had to disassemble the entire thing, and that also got screwed up!!! I had to chase a UPS man down to get them to pick it up because it had never been put through properly. On top of all that, they received the item back, a $536.00 chair, and I am still waiting for a refund!!! This company is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with!!! Stay clear of them

• Updated by Kathleen Bauman · Oct 25, 2021

Further, I have called Customer Service at least five times and been refused to speak with a supervisor about my experience. If is very obviously done through a foreign company and the only thing they keep repeating is they are sorry for my problem, with absolutely no resolution except to say I have to wait longer!!! This has been a nightmare since the day I walked into the store to order the chair. When I found after assembling that it was defective, I called the manger of the store to find out what to do, and was told that he could not take a call because he was busy getting ready to close the store...20 minutes before it even closed!!!

I also plan to report this to the Better Business Bureau and anyone else I can think of. This is absolutely unacceptable behavior and $536.00 is an enormous amount of money to me. I am 68 years old and only bought this chair because of my severe arthritis as a last ditch effort to keep working.

I hope everyone reads this before dealing with this company.

• Office Depot's response · Oct 29, 2021

Dear Kathleen,

I am sorry to learn about the disappointment with your recent order. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and I am truly sorry that wasn't demonstrated to you. Please send your order number and the details of your complaint with your contact information to [email protected] and also include your case number below.

Case#[protected]

Office DepotPoor Experience and still no order received

I had an order for a customer, a very simple tablet, which was needed the next day. I placed the order and leveraged one of my rewards, and the order appeared to be successful with zero notification after the order processing email.

Come the next day, there was nothing delivered and when I looked online, it simply said the order was still in processing. I tried to use the contact chat, it was closed as of Saturday 11AM, and when I was finally able to get ahold of a customer service rep, on the phone from 11:30 am to 2:43pm on Sat 10/16, I was told that the order was on hold and that security would have called me.

Checking my caller ID records and my PBX Stats, NOTHING, so I advised the rep. They apparently have zero recourse to transfer a call to their security department, so she sent an email to have them call me. I just barely missed a phone call, now at 4:02 pm on Sat 10/16, which I promptly called them back. After being on hold from 4:17 to 5:21pm, I finally go ahold of a very rude security rep, dismissing my request to validate the order, and all she could say is that she did try to call. Regardless if she tried to call, it was over 24 hours after the supposed SLA shared by Customer Service and I didn't need to be treated like a thief.

She said she released the order, I show that it was now slated to be delivered on Monday 10/18 some time, and now it's showing that the Carrier REFUSED the delivery. I didn't receive anything about a carrier refusal, who was shipping the product, etc. What in the hell, I am provided an ordering experience from 1996, customer service from the same era, and no communication. It of little surprise that you're going out of business.
            s

Poor Experience and still no order received
            Poor Experience and still no order received

Respond

Office DepotDelivery of purchased printer.

I have contacted your customer service 4 times now because the printer I purchased has not been delivered.

I purchased it on 9/19 and it was to be delivered on Tuesday 9/21 or Wed 9/22.

It was not.

I contacted customer service on chat on Wednesday, Thursday and now Friday.
              Each time I have been told it will be delivered by 8pm the following day.

IT has not.

I am certain you would not find this acceptable if you were in my place.

Hence this complaint.

I am certain I can purchase the same printer from your competitors and have it delivered promptly.

This is not good.

I will have to talk about the POOR service in my blog. (It has 580, 000 followers).

• Office Depot's response · Oct 04, 2021

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We understand that as a customer, when you make a purchase you expect to receive your product in a timely manner. We know that we have let you down, and for that I am very sorry. Please send your order number and the details of your complaint with your contact information to [email protected] Someone in our Executive Customer Relations team will be happy to assist, we look forward to hearing from you.

Respond

Office DepotShipping services and other concerns

I have shipped all my orders from Office Depot for the past 6 years. In the past few months there have been issues with printing labels that seem to take awhile to resolve. Yesterday 9/21/2021 I went into the store to ship items and was told they could not print labels to ship boxes. I went in again today 9/22/2021 and the issue was still not resolved.

Printing services are behind schedule and the director of our local animal shelter was told to go to another store to get his mailing list labels printed because they didn't know how to set up the job that I know has been done there for years.

Total disruption in staff with employees being fired and/or quitting. Total chaos.

• Office Depot's response · Sep 30, 2021

Dear Customer,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience in our store. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and would like to discuss your complaint in more details. Please kindly send an e-mail to [email protected] with your best contact information. We ask that you include your incident#[protected]

Teasha,

Office DepotProduct Assembly Cost Refund

There was a desk and side cabinet purchased by our business order number [protected]-001 is the desk and there is one for the file cabinet). Office Depot failed to deliver the office product(s) as committed. After waiting over 2 weeks we reached out to obtain a status on the where about of the product only to discover after multiple departments contacts including the local store the desk who was quick to shift me off to the corporate office. Both contacts (Local and Corp representatives) tried to cover up the inefficiency and incompetency of the warehouse to deliver the product as promised. The representative claimed the product tried to be delivered but there was no one at the business to accept. We later found out the there was NO ATTEMPT made to deliver the product seems there was a human resource matter within the warehouse staff that prohibited the delivery of said item(s). We were advised to go back and start the ordering process from the beginning and we refuse to do that. We have asked for a refund for the furniture as well as the $140.00 (paid to OFFICE Deport not Apollo) to returned as well. I was directed to asked Apollo for the refund but was met with an objection from Apollo who noted they have no way to issue a refund. Our issue is that we brokered a deal with Office Depot for the furniture and the assembly of side product. We (your customer) never negotiated or contracted with Apollo, they are Office Depot agent not ours. We want our $140.00 back, this is been a complete nightmare and
                  an example of chaos and exceptionally poor customer service. I await notification and a call for someone at this company to take ownership of this complaint and problem and render a final and inclusive resolution to this matter .

Office DepotPoor service

I went into your Parkdale store on 9/15/21 and after going to your computer to see what you had to sell. I waited there fo 10 min with bo service. I then ask the cashier to call someone over to that department, she said she would. I than waited another 15 min. still no service I then went up ask for a Manager. The Manager Larry said he had no someone in that department and I need to come back the next day. So a young lady name Elizabeth came to the department. Every Computer that I ask about she said that she did not have, so I went to your web site and ask about one that system says you have in the store. She said she did not have, I ask her how can she say she do not have and never look at what I was asking about. I find it hard to believe that you pay your working to not sale product. So I was leaving your store and I ask the copy center if the store Manager Roger would be in the next day, She said yes. your Manager Larry then told me you can talk about me I do not care. I think he was was wrong for his statement and not coming to the floor to get this sale. If your working can not sale why open the doors. In the 30 years in shopping with Office Depot I have never had this happen. For all my business needs and item I always shop Office Depot.. So I called the Gateway store and they answer the phone told them what I was looking for and if had in stock. They held the phone talking to each other not answer me at all. So I went to Best Buy, and bought the two computers needed for my business. which I passed up to keep my business with you. I hope that this never happen to anyone else.

Thanks Mrs. Bushnell .

Dear Mrs. Bushnell,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. What you describe was unacceptable customer service please accept our sincere apologies for having let you down. Please send the details of your complaint with your contact information to [email protected] Someone in our Executive Customer Relations team will be happy to contact you.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Office DepotRefund for 402.79

I purchased a office chair online, which was delivered in terrible shape. I returned to the store on 08/22/2021. I was advised I would see this credit in 3-7 business days I went into that same store today, 09/11/2021 to let them know, I still have not received my refund, and was advised I would hear back from a store manager on Monday. I will NEVER do business with store ever again! All I want is my money back!

Office Depotcustomer service with 1800 GO DEPOT

I called 1-800-GO DEPOT to find out why our school was no longer on a list to receive a percentage of donations from purchases.
                        I physically walked into the Office Depot store (5885 Lone Tree Way, Antioch, ca 94531) on August 27, 2021, and was told I needed to call 1-800 GO DEPOT. I was treated kindly, promptly, and with respect.

I was connected to a customer service agent, after a somewhat long hold. His employee ID number was 114848. I have never been so insulted by someone in customer service. He just kept repeating himself "what's your order number?"

I didn't have an order number. I was just inquiring HOW to activate our elementary school account. He cut me off multiple times. I asked if he could at least look up our school, to see if it was on any type of list. He again, only said he needed an order number. SO, I asked repeatedly if I could speak to someone else. He finally took my phone number, and said someone would call me back in 10 min. I have since done some more digging online, and have discovered how the fundraising program works. I'm not sure WHY he couldn't explain to me that a school has an ID number.

I am a small business owner of 2 companies, and I would never employ someone with such ignorance and lack of communication abilities. ESPECIALLY for a customer service position.

WHY would we advertise for Office Depot, with 700 families, when customer service treats individuals so poorly AND the employees are unware of your give back to schools program!?! We can easily advertise and spread the word to purchase school supplies through Amazon Smile.

Please educate your employees. I would strongly suggest finding a replacement for employee 114848 (if THAT is even his REAL id number. I wouldn't be surprised if he lied about that too!)

• Office Depot's response · Aug 30, 2021

Dear Jade987654321, ​

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. What you describe was unacceptable customer service please kindly accept our sincere apologies for having let you down. Rest assure your complaint will be escalated to the proper department and addressed accordingly. We would like to speak with you to discuss your experience in more details please kindly sent an email to [email protected] with your best contact information and provide the case reference number below.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Aug 13, 2021

Office Depot — Tide washing liquid

I placed two order of tide washing liquid 8 in total that was on sale for $6 for 128lds. My first order i...

Office Depotorder number [protected]-001

I ordered 13 desk on August 5th and the cc was declined, money credited, then charged then decline then credited. I recieved and email stating the order was on hold then one said to reorder. I reorder using a different cc. I have spent 1 hour this morning trying to cancel this order and refund my money but 3 agents tell me the order is processing and they cannot cancel it. I do not beleive this much less believe Office Depot want to process 13 desk, pay to ship just to have me refuse shipment and hold up my money. Please cancel this order ASAP since I have the other on processing at the same time.

Jeff Smith
                          [protected]
                          [protected]@aol.com

Aug 08, 2021

Office Depot — Poor customer service

Date of incident: August 8, 2021 Time: Approximately 2:30 pm Description of Incident I was in Office Depot...

Office Depotcartridge purchase

I had an employee pick up a cartgride from you 13th street location in Gainesville, Fl 32609. The cartridge did not work it only printed black so i take it back no one could handle the return so the called a manager. This was the rudest person i have ever met in my life he processed the return and hands me a receipt for the return. I asked he where the cartridges were located he said back of the two screens (3/4 of the store is behind the 2 screens) i finally found the cartridge area and the one that was purchased was the last one. Finally a nice person did check for me.
                            I own Sunshine State insurance we have a purchase agreement with Office Depot for all Florida insurance agents I will make sure everyone is aware of the type managers your employee. He needs to be fired or retrained i cannot believe you would allow him to supervise anyone.

• Office Depot's response · Aug 06, 2021

Dear Conny,

First, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for having let you down. The complaint has been escalated to the appropriate team and it will be addressed accordingly. Please kindly send an e-mail to [email protected] with your best contact information. We ask that you include your case #[protected].

Paula
                                Case [protected]

Jul 30, 2021

Office Depot — Customer service

On July 27, 2021 I purchased tow orders of Charmin 9 rolls toilet paper. I conducted pick up at 1235 Sila...

Office DepotSelf serve copy

There's two OFFICE DEPOT in our city. On several occasions; perhaps for months the self serve copiers are down. At the counter there is a sign posted that reads; "There's a $2.50 minimum" for an associate to print copies for you. If I only need one copy or send just one page to the store to print; they'll charge me $2.50 for that one page. That's just wrong. Each location here has two copiers and both are down regularly. Can we get on the band wagon and be the Office Depot that you guys used to be?

Self serve copy