Hertz Rental Car / money taken off my debit card without permission or knowledge!

1 2308 W. Mercury Blvd.Hampton, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (757) 838-2389

On 02/16/08 thru 02/18/08 per Geico's permission (Geico claim) I rented a car from Hertz. When I arrived at the Hertz's office I spoke with Matt who went over the information regarding the rental car and asked me for my driver's license & debit card. When Matt asked for my debit card I hesitated because I knew I did not have any money in my account. I stated to Matt that I did not want to give him my debit card because it was a claim and I did not have any money in my account. Matt stated " Oh No madam, we are not going to use your debit card we need the card number on file to let you use the car. I gave Matt the card number and left. On 02/28/08 $24.48 was taken off my debit card by Hertz, Hampton Virginia. Because I did not have any funds in my account it caused a domino effect that caused my account to be overdrawn $89.13. I do have a copy of my bank account records. Matt did not contact me to ask permission or to acknowledge that money was taken from my account. On 03/05/08 I spoke with a representative in the Hertz office who assured me I would hear back from Hertz in 5 to 7 business days, by email, at no avail. On 03/19/08 I called Hertz in Hampton and spoke to Teri(she stated she was the assistance Manager) who argued in regards to MATT working with her (performance) every day. Teri kept insisting that I was raising my voice to the point of hanging the phone up on me. She was very unprofessional. Teri had no concern that my rights had been violated. She did not take into consideration that Matt said nothing to me at pick-up or return about any monies being deducted from my account. Also I have called Butch (Hertz Manager, Mercury Blvd) to inquire about this situation since approx. 03/04/08 and still have not received a call. Please assist me because I feel very violated. I feel I was not given the complete details of the car rental. I feel if any monies was taken from my account it should have been clearly explained. Of course I am very upset, I have been dealing with this ordeal since the first of March 2008.

Comments

• Ha
      27th of Dec, 2009

Don't renta cars (or use your 'debit card') if y ou don't have money. Simple as that.
    Obviously, this is your first time renting a car. FYI: all rental agencies will require some sort of deposit, which is used with a credit or a debit card.
    That's it. Kitcher Yer[censored]ing!

• Sh
      16th of Oct, 2016

Did you ever rectify this situation? I am currently in a battle with these douche bags. Thieves.

Please let me know.