Harley Davidson Motorcycles / bad customer service
I purchased a new, 2008, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail in 2-2008. I loved the bike and it ran great for about 4 mos. After that, I began to experience difficulties starting when it was hot. The bike is in the shop at Thunderbird Harley Davidson, in Albuq. NM, for the 3rd time with the same issue. It's been there 2 weeks now and they still do not know what is wrong.
I called Harleys customer service number on Sept. 26 and was told someone would get back with me. Didn't happen. In talking with the woman, I told her I would like my bike fixed or replaced. She informed me someone would be in touch and Harley doesn't have a "buy back program" and no one contacted me.
Sept.29 I sent a registered letter with my complaint and heard nothing.
I was told by the dealer, on Sept. 22, that a part had been ordered, but they didn't believe it would solve the problem. The part came in Oct.2 and I was informed it was the wrong one, so they would have to reorder.
I contacted Harley Davidson customer service again, today, Oct 3, and was told they would look into it and call me right back. That was 4 1/2 hours ago, it's 5:35pm my time, and still nothing.
I have an extended warranty on the bike that pays up to $75 a day for a rental but rentals are $170 a day. No one has even offered to work anything out with me on that. I don't even have 5, 000 miles on this bike yet. It's just sorry, you'll just have to wait.
I paid close to $20, 000 for this motorcycle and NOBODY cares. Buyer beware. Guess they haven't heard of Lemon Laws.
More Harley Davidson Motorcycles Complaints & Reviews
- Harley-Davidson - harassment 
- Harley Davidson - lies and warranty 
- Harley Davidson - warranty 
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles - hidden charges 
- Harley Davidson - bad quality 
- Harley Davidson - complaint about the warranty
- Harley Davidson - replacement of parts n delay of 7 months
- Harley Davidson - 2 pair of hd leather boots
- Harley Davidson - rotor/stator design
- Harley Davidson - bad expertise and not considering client worries