Harley Davidson — bad quality
I purchased a new Harley Davidson street bob in late July. When I pulled out of the dealership the front wheel had a bad wobble to it so bad I just about lost. I returned to the dealership(Harley Davidson Of Dallas) and they replaced the front rim. This problem was never logged on there system.
On October 8th 2008 I was riding this motorcycle to work and the 6 shoulder bolts that hold the rear sprocket on had worked their way out and jammed between the sprocket and the swingarm causing the rear tire to lock up doing about 45mph . I had just got off the freeway doing 65mph. I had to take the bike to The dealer and have them tell me this was not their fault, but since my bike was under warrenty they would fix it. I called Harley in Wisconsin and explained to them and they could care less. I missed two days of work over this issue, not to mention the money I was out on getting the bike to the dealership. I explained I do not feel safe at all on this motorcycle anymore. I just had the 5000 mile checkup 5 days prior to this incident. I ride the bike a 100 miles round trip m-f to work and back. I fear it wont get me there as it has not twice already. Harley Davidson offered me a $100 doller in store credit for my losses and I declined. My attorney is now involved and Harley completley misses the safety issue with this all together. A 100 dollers are you kidding me, I make that in 2 hours being at work. They have cost me more than that, they have cost me my trust with their product. They could care less about my safety or yours.
More Harley Davidson Complaints & Reviews
- Harley-Davidson - harassment
- Harley Davidson - lies and warranty
- Harley Davidson - warranty
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles - hidden charges
- Harley Davidson - poor customer service
- Harley Davidson - sales/marketing
- Harley Davidson FXST 2007 - paint failure
- Harley Davidson - extended service protection
- Harley Davidson - replacement of parts n delay of 7 months
- Harley Davidson - torque 2018 street bob