Complaints & Reviews

motorcycle delivery

EXPERIENCE
I have NEVER had a worse vehicle delivery and I have had over 20 cars and motorcycles delivered by a few different companies over the last dozen years including motorcycles by Haulbikes. EVERY other delivery—EVERY!—has been friendly, cooperative and professional. A simple request for a destination change not even ten miles from the original destination (due to not wanting to ride an unfamiliar high-performance motorcycle for the first time in heavy rain) was met with refusal and complete unwillingness to discuss alternatives. When the Haulbikes dispatcher was made aware of the situation by my email she quickly instructed the drivers to bring the bike to the destination I requested. Instead, they came within a mile but called and said a sign forbidding trucks prevented them from coming further. Even after informing them that trucks—moving trucks, delivery trucks, EVERY KIND of truck!—travelled the street daily and the sign referred to the PARKING of trucks they refused to come further and forced me to meet them at the side of a busy highway where I was made to APOLOGIZE to the driver for swearing the evening before. They threatened to take the bike back to North Carolina (I am in Vancouver, WA!!) if I didn't apologize so I did. I told him I wasn't sure if the motorcycle even had enough gas to get me to my home, that it was a very high-performance motorcycle I was not familiar with and that the tires were racing tires and not suitable for a soaking wet road. They basically said tough luck, set the bike on the side of the road and left. They were rude, unprofessional and left me in a very dangerous situation. I will NEVER use Haulbikes again and would STRONGLY recommend no one does.

• DeAndre Washington Oct 20, 2019

Hi there Eric, I'm glad to hear that you've had many successful deliveries through Haulbikes. Trucks cannot drive on roads where trucks are prohibited, I'm sure you understand.

motorcycle transport / shipping

Beware of this company, they give low quotes but then they hijack your motorcycle and lie repeatedly about your pick up and delivery dates. I contracted them on May 17th and they wrote in the contract that they would pick up my bike no later than May 31st and would deliver it to Las Vegas by June 7th. They missed the pickup deadline(they forgot to pick mine up) and only after repeated calls did they pick it up on June 4th. Since then they not only missed the contracted June 7th delivery date but they have given me six later delivery dates and missed them all. It is now one month past the contracted delivery date and my bike is missing, they don't communicate or explain the delays and don't respond to voice messages. I left phone messages that I'm reporting my bike stolen by them to the police and starting a civil action...no response. This is a sketchy if not criminal enterprise. BEWARE! See all their one star Better Business Bureau reviews for the same reasons...wish I had before paying them up front!

motorcycle shipping

My order for shipping was billed to me and placed on August 20th. I did not receive my motorcycle until September 29th. That is a total of 41 days, more than a week overdue. Because of the extra time sitting on a truck or in your company's storage facility, the bike would not start due to a dead battery. It had very little charge left to it but would not start. If the bike had been delivered in a timely manner it would have started. More than a week would have made all the difference with the battery. Because of this I had to get a tow truck to bring the bike to my house, at a cost of $100. Your company's driver could not have cared less. He had no tools or jumper cables on his truck to help with the situation. He just raised up his tail gate and drove away. To make matters worse the motorcycle's original pick up was in Nebraska, a state that borders Colorado (the bikes destination). Then the bike was taken to Wisconsin where it sat for days. Then the bike was taken to Oklahoma, another state that borders Colorado. After all this moving around it still took 41 days to get my bike to me. I realize that my $3000 2004 Yamaha VMAX is not a $25000-$30000 Harley Davidson trike, but I am sure I was looking forward to receiving my bike on time just as much as the guy who bought the Harley. I have used this company many times in the past and communication was always top notch, however this time there was no communications during the entire shipping process. No email updates were sent to me throughout the process. I had to call on many occasions to find out the status of the bike. I feel that I was given half rate service from this company.

Late delivery and refusal to pay for damage

I have used other companies for motorcycle transportation. Cost was a factor to select Daily Direct (Haulbikes.com) but you get what you pay for. It takes ages to deliver the motorcycle or as in my case a motorcycle trailer. Now, if that was the only issue I would still be OK. But there was damage on the trailer which clearly happened during transportation and they just refuse to pay the damage. After filing the claim, they were very slow to respond and had to reminded for weeks and weeks. Finally the owner responded by saying he did not think the damage happened during transportation. After many emails with supporting documentation back and forth, still not result.

So I decided to file a complaint with Better Business Bureau and write a few reviews.

Shame on Daily Direct to fight over a measly $400.

3 weeks Late and no delivery yet

After receiving an estimated delivery time of three weeks, I contracted with haulbikes.com to ship my 1998 Valkyrie from Florida to my new home in New Mexico. They picked up my motorcycle on March 26th and told me it would go to Pennsylvania where it would be put on a different truck and shipped to New Mexico. On March 27th I received an email with an estimated delivery timeframe of three weeks. It has been six weeks and it still has not left Pennsylvania.

When Valkyries sit for more than 3-4 weeks without running, the fuel tends to varnish in the six carburetors and the bike will either not run, or run very poorly. A carburetor cleaning costs $800-$1, 000. If I had been told it would take more than four weeks I would not have hired them. I've been in contact via email and phone and so far been given the run around. They said I might be eligible for a price adjustment. I'm asking for a full refund from them. Furthermore, if they don't deliver my motorcycle soon, I will report the matter as a theft.

Martin C. May 14, 2013

Update:
    In an email on May 7th I was told that my bike had been assigned to be delivered between May 8-10 Today is May 14th and my motorcycle still has not been delivered.

Scam

This outfit took a delivery order and told me it would take 5-6 weeks for delivery. 4 weeks later they still had not picked up the motorcycle. They told me their truck broke down, then the next day they said they overbooked and they couldnt pick up my bike for another 1-2 weeks. This meant the delivery would be 3-4 weeks late (10 weeks instead of the 5-6 they promised). When I had to cancel because they missed my deadline, they kept my deposit, they said their fine print contract explained their published delivery times and the promises their phone attendants made don't mean anything. They said it could take even more time, and they aren't obligated to do what their employees or website say they will do. In my opinion anyone who choses to use this company after reading this is crazy. There are a lot more, and better companies that aren't out to screw you like 1888haulbikes.com is doing to me. So in the end they didn't haul my bike but I still had to pay a cancellation fee because they couldn't perform.

• Da
    DANNY RAY MARSH Mar 01, 2013

WORST MOTORCYCLE SHIPPING COMPANY EVER! Do not ever contract with HAULBIKES.COM to ship anything. I have used them is the past & their drivers are great. THE OFFICE STAFF IS THE WORST! I contracted them to ship a bike for me from CA to MT to be picked up 25-27th of FEB. They changed the shipping date, after I paid, to 2 1/2 weeks later than charged me $100 cancellation fee when I told them this was unacceptable. WE WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN! Breach the contract then penalize me when this is not acceptable?!?!?! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!

Professional Driver not so professional

I used Haulbikes.com to deliver my BMW motorcycle from AZ to TX. I had read the reviews about some late deliveries however I was not in a rush to receive my motorcycle so this was a non-issue for me. I'd heard about their commitment to deliver bikes with the utmost care and concern. The pickup of the motorcycle in AZ went without a hitch and the dispatcher in Milwaukee kept me informed of the delivery status via email. The driver, Ed, called me 24 hrs in advance to let me know he would make delivery the following morning (8/01) at 8A. He asked the usual questions about getting his large tractor/trailer rig into our community and near the actual place of delivery. After reassuring him that our movers made it, he stated that he would deliver. He delivered all right! He unloaded my bike on the sidewalk and would not push it 20 feet to the garage. My wife who had delivered our baby the preceding week had to walk the bike to the garage by herself. He stated it would be an EXTRA charge if he did it! Wow - what a [censored]! Or perhaps a lazy ###! Had that bike tipped on my wife, Haulbikes might have been in some serious legal trouble due to a stupid act on behalf of their driver. I won't be using their service again if this driver represents who they really are! They are the face of the company to their customers. Their contract states DOOR to DOOR, which may be an exaggeration on their behalf. Watch out if you cannot personally be at your place of delivery or if your wife isn't a seasoned motorcycle enthusiast.

Late delivery and Lies and ###

I wish that I'd seen these other 2 complaints before I chose these guys to ship my motorcycle. I live in New Zealand and bought a bike off Craigslist, then ( through Shippingmasters ) ended up with signing a contract with Haulbikes to take the bike from Boaz, AL to Compton, CA. I explained that timing was critical because I had to work in with the shipping schedules from LA to New Zealand. Anyway, I signed the contract (and paid them) on Dec 9th 2011. I am now writing this on Feb 13th 2012 and the bike is still sitting at their hub in Milwaukee awaiting a despatch confirmation to CA. GOD ONLY KNOWS WHEN IT WILL ARRIVE !!!

What is worse is all the lies and ### I have been fed (by email), limp excuses, unfulfilled promises. BEWARE, use these guys to ship your bike AT YOUR OWN RISK. I would never, ever use them again.

[censored]ing crooks

If you’re smart you won’t hire this company to haul anything. I’m already mad and my bike hasn’t got here yet, a week late, but that’s not the problem. I live in Indiana and purchased a bike in Cali. The owner had purchased and installed a fairing and he was giving me the original windshield. I started calling moving companies to see which one would work with me and bring the extra windshield. HaulBikes was the second company i called. When i explained the windshield delima to Nancy, she was quick to say it wouldn, t be a problem. She said the driver would wrap it, put it in a safe place, and bring it to me. When the driver picked up the bike, the owner handed him the windshield but he refused to bring it because it wasn’t attached to the bike. The owner called me and was upset about the matter. I called Nancy and she said she’d talk to the driver, which had already left with the bike, and would call me back. She never called back. The next day i called and asked to talk to a supervisor. Another woman got on the phone and explained that they do not bring anything that’s not attached to the bike. So basically Nancy lied to me to get my business and they didn’t really give a s*it!. I used to transport autos so i can understant being a week late if they had trouble of some kind, but i can’t stand being lied to. When my delivery date had came and gone, i called to check on the status of my delivery, there was no apparent trouble. My bike was at their hub. They said they were waiting for a driver to come in, take a couple days to load the bikes, then come my direction sometime late next week. I’m guessing it’s going to be at least two weeks or more late now. I’d say these people are slackers and liars. I explained to the so called supervisor that i would tell as many people as i could about them but she didn’t seem to care. Maybe her boss will, maybe not!

• 61
    61PAN Apr 05, 2014

I think there was a communication issue between the 'dispatcher' of the order to haul and what the driver picked up.This could have been easily rectified if the driver had made 2 phone calls...unfortunate circumstances sounds like what happened.Too bad Haul Bikes lost this customer, if it had been me hauling the mc I would made the call on the correcting the service for the paying customer..When I lease on to Haul Bikes...I personally guarantee these incidents will never happen.

• 61
    61PAN Apr 05, 2014

I just noticed the post was from 2011...my bad..but my customer service values remain the same.

Manzie Nov 03, 2016

This review hits the nail on the head for me. I had almost the exact experience this summer with Haul-bikes. Only one actually two things were different. I didn't have a windshield to haul but our sportster was delivered 5 weeks late. All the same excuses about being at their hub in Las Vegas and waiting for a driver and also someone to load the bike. Only really good thing about them is that they had a summer special of $400 to pick-up and deliver to west coast and I am in California. I see now they are as pricy as anyone else, but they are saying that their delivery is much faster now. I probably will not find out.

• Mi
    MichaelT69 Apr 17, 2017

This company doesn't care about how long it takes to get your bike from point A to point B. Contracts have no dates so it is open ended on time. Bikes that are picked up are. Brought to their warehouse til they feel like or get enough bikes to ship. And the whole time they say we are working on it.they provide little if any info about when your bike will arrive. Stay away from this company. If you have to pay a little extra it will be worth the money for saving yourself all this aggravation. You have been warned

Lies and missed delivery dates

WOW - wish I had been aware of all the issues created by the incompetence and outright lies by HaulBikes.com representatives BEFORE signing a contract with them!

My sad and frustrating experience is an EXACT duplicate of many others here - buy an Ebay bike, TRY to hook up with what APPEARS to be the best transporter - and it all goes downhill from there! In my own case, after *4* missed dates for shipment and delivery, I have YET to receive my bike - and the LATEST stated delivery date will be a full TWO MONTHS from the date my shipping contract with HaulBikes was signed!

As my Emails to HaulBikes states below, since Ebay provides them and suggests/endorses their business, and undoubtedly share in some way PROFIT from the business their endorsement generates, Ebay themselves should ALSO share to some degree in the frustration and expense these incompetent liars create! Ebay has a strong rating system in place for buyers and sellers - why not a similar open and visible performance rating for the transporters THEY openly endorse and support?

I guess we all really KNOW why they don't...

After *3* missed delivery dates for my bike - and a full MONTH after the signed contract and yet ANOTHER stated new delivery date, I Emailed HaulBikes the following message:

"A bit of history regarding the attached contract which was accepted, signed, and returned to you over a month ago...

At my request, delivery was delayed until the 19th of September due to other personal commitments that made it impossible for me to be here for earlier receipt of the motorcycle - I appreciate that delay. HOWEVER, once I returned and have been ready for delivery, I have in several telephone conversations, been given another several rough delivery dates - one for the 19th, as previously agreed, then "somewhere in the period of the 19th to the 26th", and now, that the actual date the truck LEAVES your end will not even happen until the 26th of September, with another week or 10 days for arrival and delivery!

OBVIOUSLY, I'm a bit frustrated, and several issues become apparent - one is that since this is an eBay item being transported, and I have NOT been able to physically inspect it's condition, I have only 45 days to challenge the purchase if the bike is not as represented - and THAT opportunity will expire as of about October 1 - undoubtedly while the bike is still somewhere between your end or mine - assuming it has even yet LEFT your end!

Another issue, is how and where the bike is being stored and handled in the lengthy time that has elapsed since you picked it up over a month ago - is it secure from theft, weather, and associated damage? This bike is nearly 30 years old - has many irreplaceable parts, and YES, I AM concerned!

Point of all this is, I need to either be assured that indeed, this shipment WILL leave your end NO LATER than the 26th of September as promised, and that it IS well stored and handled during the long wait and travel - or else, I will request my shipping price be refunded, and I will arrange for another shipper to deliver it.

Please respond."

I quickly received an Email from Shelly, stating:

"Hi Gary,
We will be getting your bike out to you at the end of the week, and I will give your delivery date at that time. Again I apologize about the delay.
Shelly Kueny"

It should be noted that at the beginning of the HaulBikes contract, I had arranged that actual delivery be made on or as near as possible to the 19th of September, 4 weeks later - an agreement that SHOULD have give HaulBikes a WIDE enough window of shipping to be able to hit the target date quite closely - or at LEAST have a solid date established when shipment and deliver WOULD be accomplished - that clearly was NOT the case in my situation!

My reply:

"Shelly, I believed you when you told me to expect delivery on the the 19th of September, as we agreed in the original contract - and I still believed you when you next told me delivery would be "sometime between the 19th and the 26th" - neither of those happened, and I was next told the truck would not even LEAVE your end until today, the 26th - and obviously, THAT will not happen either - and NOW, you expect me to believe yet ANOTHER delay, the END of this week?

WHY should I now believe you after being mislead and lied to *3 times* already?
How stupid do you think I am?

How many times do you think I'll swallow and accept yet ANOTHER weeks delay in shipping - and the additional week to 10 days for travel?

If you called, and told ME that delivery would happen the next day, and *I* put YOUR driver on hold for a week - or month, YOU would have ALL SORTS of penalties, and NOT accept even a single day's delay to unload my delivery - WHY do you think MY time is so worthless and unimportant that you can so freely keep me dangling from one lie to the next - do you REALLY think all I have to do, is SIT here week after week WAITING for you to finally start your truck down the road?

I understand the logistics of your business - and that you can't provide a precise day and hour of delivery - but GOD, YOU can't seem to even predict the MONTH - and NOW, I'm even doubting you actually know the YEAR it will ship!

This next Friday, the 30th is absolutely IT - either that bike ships, or I DEMAND full refund of my contract price, and I will immediately arrange for another shipper, Following that, I will file a complaint with the PUC and ICC, and as widely as possible thru Internet boards, make my experience with your company known and warn all possible to avoid you like the plague.

You've jerked me around for the last time, now, eithet PRODUCE, or refund my money - YOUR CHOICE!
NOW, after all that, here's the LATEST stated delivery date:

"Hello,
I just wanted to update you on the status of your shipment, order P27510. Your bike has been assigned to be delivered between October 15-17. The driver will contact the delivery location the day before delivery to make more specific time arrangements. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Shelly Kueny"

Keep in mind, the shipping contract was signed with HaulBikes on AUGUST 18 - nearly a full 2 MONTHS prior to what is now the claimed date for arrival of my bike! ALSO keep in mind that the first *3* of the dates covered, statements as to "delivery" were supposedly just a few days AFTER those statements, even though the bike was STILL a short distance from where the HaulBikes rep was SITTING, and could not POSSIBLY be loaded up and transported the 2000 miles from their end to mine on the date being stated! The HAulBikes rep didn't even know WHERE the bike was as she was promising a new (lying!) delivery date!

My suggestions at this point - if necessary and possible, AVOID HAULBIKES.COM for ANY transport, you might have to pay a few $$$ more for a REPUTABLE hauler - but the possible LACK of having to deal with lies, incompetence and WAY excessive receipt of your bike will be well worth it!

And, finally, since Ebay endorses the HaulBikes business - a fact HaulBikes openly and proudly brags about on their web page, those with bad experiences with HaulBikes should hold Ebay's feet to the fire with well stated and documented info as to the issues created by the transporters Ebay themselves put forward as suggested and endorsed haulers!

PROFIT and learn from our experience - AVOID HAULBIKES.COM LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Le
    Leadingedgecustoms Oct 04, 2013

Was told verbally 3 weeks. Was sent an e-mail that stated estimated delivery of 2 to 3 weeks. Signed contract that stated "estimates" only, this is where I trusted Chris and messed up. I can't believe after 23 days my bike is stuck in a terminal 1500 miles away and no driver has been assigned to deliver yet. I was even told by Chris that once a driver is assigned it averages 28 days more to come this distance not including truck break downs ect??! WHAT?!? So I'm out $633.00 and a month without my Ebay purchased bike. Now I'm out another $850.00 I'm paying to a different shipper ( with great reviews ) to get my bike here within 6 days with a guarantee. Someone please include me in the class action lawsuit that's inevitable for these rip off artists! Read reviews before you commit to ship! Also, don't pay in full upfront like these scammers require. When I told my lawyer the situation he stated they probably never get sued since it costs more to do so than what I spent to get scammed. Haulbikes.com YOU SUCK!!!

• Ne
    Nevada S Smith Jul 02, 2014

Would like to know when my bike will get here. P61952

• Ne
    Nevada S Smith Jul 02, 2014

would like to know where my bike is and when will it get here. P61952

Liars

HaulBikes.com / Daily Direct / [censored]IN CROOKS If you're smart you won't hire this company to haul...

Shippment

I had Haulbikes pick and deliver my motorcycle, and they took over a month to deliver it. They didn't...