Harbor Breeze / bad quality product!
My husband and I purchased the Harbor Breeze Galileo celing fan for our 9 year old sons room. We purchased this fan from our local Lowes' store about a year and half ago. My son thought the fan was pretty cool. There are three spotlight type lights that hang from the center of the fixture and a top light in the dome. The "spotlights" are adjustable to which direction you want the lights to shine. They can point up at the ceiling, at the walls, or towards the floor. The lights can be very bright . We had the lights pointed towards the ceiling so they weren't blinding us or him. Today I was cleaning the dust off the tops of the blades and that's when I seen that 3 of the 4 blades have burnt. I mean that they actually started to catch fire. The heat from the lights started to burn the blades. Right through the enamel down to the wood. There are actual char marks on the blades. If it actually started a fire I would not have been able to get to my son because he sleeps in a bunkbed that is right next to this light. The company will probably tell me that the lights should not be pointed upwards. My opinion is that if that's the case then the lights should not adjust in that direction.
More Harbor Breeze Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - refusal to repair terrible installation of new roof
- Lowe's - avoid lowe's installations
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - unethical behaviour
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - cooktop electric 30 inch with downdraft
- Lowes - lack of employees/ new ceo incompetence