The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Explore your opportunities! Create an account or Sign In

H & R Block / tax mistake

1 United States Review updated:

I had H & R Block do my taxes for a few years. In 08 a different lady did my taxes. I had a reclassification of a ROTH IRA, I said that numerious times. I got a notice from the IRS that I owed $4500.00 due within 60 days. I called H & R Block and they said that was too far back and Just pay it. I had to talk to the lady at IRS and she took care of it without the help of H & R Block. It cost me 264.00 to have my taxes done incorectly and when confronted with the mistake they would not help!
Thanks H & R Block
You can bet I'll be giving you more money

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Re
      10th of Sep, 2013
    0 Votes

    I am a Canadian military veteran with 25 years of service. I was injured in military service and released. I took my severance pay package and put it into a registered retirement savings plan. I went to H&R Block to have my 2012 tax return completed because I read that they had the experience when dealing with the special circumstance of military taxes. I put my trust in them BIG TIME!!!
    Guess what? I got a an $11, 000 tax return/rebate and spend it on vehicle repairs and a household move. But guess what, my taxes were reassessed and I owe the government $12, 000. H&R Block went and put down my RRSP twice so it looked like I had this large tax shelter. They screwed up big time!!! Now the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) wants their money by 18 Sept. So either I have to withdraw from my RRSP at a least a 30% tax rate plus the amount will become part of income in 2013 or get a bank loan. Monthly installments are not an option.
    H&R Block has a one size fits all mistake policy where they pay the interest owing to the CRA. I have taken 2 days off work now to try and straighen this up. They have taken away my ability to purchase a home under the home buyers plan for the disabled and have put me in debt that I had no intend to be in.

Post your comment