Tax Defense Network company logo
Tax Defense Network
reviews & complaints
Tax Defense Network
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

8 complaints
8 resolved 0 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Tax Defense Network customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Tax Defense Network Go to website

Tax Defense Network reviews & complaints

Tax Defense Network complaints 8

Tax Defense Network - Tax resolutions State & IRS

I contacted TDN in March when my bank acct. was frozen by the CA Tax Board. It was a communication struggle w/ TDN, but my bank acct was finally unfrozen. I had them prepare my taxes for [protected]. My bank acct has been seized once again by the State. I am getting threatening letters fm IRS now as well. It's now been a week & the person handling this is on vacation until next week! I can't get anyone to help me with this. I've emailed & called only to be ignored. I'm in debt to this company for over $8000. I need help!

Desired outcome: To have my bank account unfrozen for starters.

Tax Defense Network - resolve tax debt

I signed up for services to help reduce my tax debt I paid half of the cost up front with monthly payments that was Feb 5, 2021 I was sent emails welcoming me and I was assigned to Tyrone Taylor I spoke with Tyrone who stated that he usually checks in with updates about every three weeks. Tyrone was doing my 2021 tax return also and the forms he sent me were out dated and I tried contacting him to let him know and It wasn't until I sent him an email telling him I was dissatisfied and wanted to discontinue service. He contacted me I sent my information for taxes he prepared my return however there was incorrect information and mistakes in the return. I immediately contacted him received no response it wasn't until I waited about the three weeks and never heard from him I reached out again and he sent me what he said was the corrected and stated that he thought he sent them to me but must not of. I looked over the taxes again and it was still incorrect and I sent him another email and have heard nothing back as of this writing. I also explained my situation of having to go to court by my ex husband regarding the tax situation and that was in march and I explained that I was told by the judge that I would have to have taxes paid or a resolution by may 2021 which is the next court appearance I have to attend. I still do not have my taxes filed and I am very dissatisfied with the service I have received and I now have to get my taxes done and deal with the courts and IRS on my own. I'm requesting a complete refund due to lack of service and complete unprofessionalism. Please discontinue the payments you are automatically deducting and please refund the entire amount of monies that I have paid for thus far.
Renee'

Tax Defense Network - Tax debt resolution / irs monthly payment plan

l decided to used Tax Defense Network March 15, 2017. l had recieved a notice from the lRS. l have been dealling with health issues so rather than handling this myself, l went to the internet and Tax...

Tax Defense Network - Incompetent tax attorney

Don't ever hire Tax defense network as your tax attorney. The tax lawyer that supposedly handled my case had absolutely no experience or understanding of the process he was supposed to be an expert. I should have seen the red flags after trying to find about info on my case and each time I called I was passed from one person to the next because nobody knew anything about what was going on with my case or even who I was. I am assuming the work was done by the lawyer they said was handling it, but it is possible my case was handled by an employee with no qualifications and the attorney was just a name and a face for marketing. Either way hiring Tax defense network was a terrible mistake they cost me a whole lot more than just their fee.

We have concluded our investigation into this complaint and deem it to be fraudulent. No further action will be taken and the matter is considered closed without warrant or validity.

Our process in handling complaints involves an immediate, five step in-depth investigation, incorporating information technology, telephone communication, email correspondences, assistance from the BBB where applicable and, most importantly, an open dialogue with the client.

Each step of the process has been done in accordance with our policies and procedures. This alleged “client” failed to provide any evidence to show they engaged our company to provide tax services. Therefore, we conclude that by placing false information about us online, this reviewer committed cyber fraud.

Regretfully, we still have not been given the opportunity to correct this issue. This is due to the fact that we still have not received a phone call, email or any type of response. We cannot correct or address an issue without communication. We again ask for you to contact us in regards to your complaint.

Gold Star Client Care: [protected]
Director Client Relations, Lee Singleton: [protected]

We are deeply disturbed by the experience described by this taxpayer. We will be further investigating the situation to determine what may have gone wrong and work toward a resolution. At Tax Defense Network we are proud of our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We work every day to live up to this high standard. We ask anyone who has had a less than satisfactory experience to come forward, and allow us the opportunity to correct any issue that may have occurred. We also encourage people to seek out a more balanced picture of Tax Defense Network by visiting our BBB review page. There you will see our A+ rating along with the almost 200 “verified” positive reviews posted by Tax Defense Network clients.

To get this complaint resolved, please contact our Gold Star Client Care Department, [protected] or myself directly.

Lee Singleton
Director Client Relations
Direct Line: [protected]

Tax Defense Network - Tax service

Tax Defense network is under investigation by the Florida attorney general for fraud and deceptive advertising. They must need all that money they make scamming the public to pay for lawyers because this is not the first time the have been prosecuted for similar business practices. The attorney general has a hotline for victims of tax defense network, if you have been ripped off by tax defense network call and tell your story at [protected].

Gold Star Client Care: [protected]
Director Client Relations, Lee Singleton: [protected]

We are concerned to hear about your experience with Tax Defense Network. This is not how Tax Defense Network operates as a business.

We take this complaint seriously and would like to resolve this situation with you. Please contact Lee Singleton, our Director of Client Care [protected], so that we can resolve this issue and address any other concerns you might have.

L
Apr 06, 2012

Tax Defense Network - Fraud, Scam, Watch Out

I recently decided to confront my looming IRS problems, which I was very hesitant/embarrassed about doing. I chose Tax Defense Network because they had a good Better Business Bureau rating, although the representative was very rude on the phone-I should have ran away then! He told me I would be facing jail time if I didn't work out my issues-which I found out later was a lie. Once I hired them, they gave themselves power of attorney to sign documents on my behalf which I never approved. This resulted in the filing of papers that essentially make it impossible for you to make any payments or do anything tax wise for what can be years! It was a tactic used in order to prolong the process rather than reduce what I owed. It doesn't matter how much time passes-I will never be able to afford what the IRS says I owe. On top of these worries, I now have years and years looming over my head knowing I'll still owe the IRS just as much when all of this is over. When I called to tell Tax Defense Network about my disappointment they were extremely rude and refused to refund my money. They did not deliver on any of the promises they made and I am an extremely upset customer.

After posting my complaint! Tax defense network contacted me to resolve my issue, they waived the remaining fees to them so that I could use the money towards the outstanding tax debt. I am satisfied with the resolution.

I agree with this; I recently had the same issue they told me they could removed or reduce my debt to the IRS they did neither. I was paying $150 a month for a tax settlement after paying Tax defense Network $2500 to handle my case I now have to pay the IRS $308.00 a month, there was no reduction of anything. When I told the representative (Stacy Kurtz EA) I could not afford they $308 a month. She was not concerned...

Lucy,
If you have complaints about Tax Defense Network, please read this article: http://www.jgtaxgroup.com/[redacted]s/tax-defense-network. Also, contact the Attorney Generals Office here: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact, and the Better Business Bureau here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

LilyS, have you called the Gold Star Customer Care department to resolve the issue? If so, what was the response and were you satisfied. From the amount of negative complaints I've seen across the internet I'm assuming something is up with TDN; however, this is the first post I've seen where TDN actually responded and offered to help. It would be nice to know if this is a legit offer on their behalf. I have some IRS tax issues and was thinking about hiring them, but want to know everything about them before doing so. Thanks!

LilyS your experience is not the how Tax Defense Network conducts its business, as we like to give our clients an ideal experience. We encourage you to give our Gold Star Customer Care department a call at [protected] or email at [email protected] so we can resolve this issue immediately.

J
Jun 16, 2011

Tax Defense Network - Ripped me off

I hired Tax Defense Network (TDN), Inc. to help me account for my losses on my 2010 tax return?. They promised me they could when I described my problem before hiring them". They did nothing about my losses and filed a return showing that I owed a lot of taxes!. When challenged, they said that there were problems including my losses; that was what I hired the turkeys for, to correct the problems/.

They left me holding the bag with the IRS and refused to return the $1950 I paid them to determine how to account for my losses (they never made any attempt) and tried to bribe me with $500 and a contract to not tell any one about their negligence, . I refused to be bribed!.

I reported the ripoff to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) of Florida; They claimed an A rating with the BBB as a selling point:. They should have an F rating!

K
Nov 29, 2010

Tax Defense Network - Scammers!

Tax Defense Network Is no different than JK Harris or Tax Masters! I was Originally ripped off by Tax Masters With a sales pitch that promised me an Offer In Compromise With no results and an up front fee of 5 GRAND!

Well guess what. I called JK Harris and got the same answer to my Tax problems. Did not trust it for a second. So i kept looking for a reputable Tax Company. I called TDN and you know what? they told me the same thing as Tax Masters and JK Harris! FIVE Thousand Dollars for an Offer In Compromise that i knew darn well i wasn't qualified for.

Finally i got Help from Dave at US Tax Liberty He didn't try to sell me, but told me exactly what was up. And then told me they can't even quote a service fee until they contact the IRS and find out what can actually be done with my case. His number is [protected] if you still need help.

There is a simple rule to find a good tax help company. If they try to sell you with a reduction right there on the first phone call with that fee right away then STAY AWAY! Tax Defense Network, JK Harris, and Tax Masters are nothing but SCAMMERS!

I went with Accelerated Tax Solutions, worked with Matthew, 100% money back guarantee. No other firm in the USA does that. He fixed my tax issue. Very happy. [protected] - ask for Matthew, hes a good guy and will tell you whats going on without the sales BS.

I just got through my tax nightmare! I avoided this company by doing research before deciding on someone to represent me. The problem is they take your money before getting a clear picture on your situation with the IRS. Companies like Tax Relief Foundation conduct an investigation first. This is the only honest way to conduct business in this arena. Both you and your representation have realistic expectations. I would recommend them to my parents. That says a lot.

Why don't you report them to the FL Bar Association?

Sorry I mean TDN would not put me in touch with either the CPA and the Tax Attorney they so called have onsite. They coax you into giving them a deposit so they can start working with you. Any other CPA would never. I could have gone to HR Block and got the same results.

LOL...Consumer 9745 you work for the Company so stop writing comments to clear things up. TDN did my federal taxes and worked on an installment agreement. They did not guide me through the penalty abatement process and did not really care. I felt like I was doing everything while I gave them $2900 to just work on federal, not state. I asked for both then they wanted to charge me for state. I mean please, who charges 690.00 to get simple taxes done. I could have paid that to the IRS. They really just worked out a plan the IRS could have. I would have rather the IRS just take money out of my paycheck. Tax Defense Network scares you into working with them. The truth is the IRS has tax preparers and you can call them. You may not get exact results, but at least you are going to the source. BTW - I asked a number of times to speak with the CPA at TDN, they would transfer me...I asked to speak with the Tax Attorney...same thing. The only people I spoke with were uneducation people with no accounting degree. This company will eventually go out of business for fraud. How sad to take advantage of vulnerable people at a time when they are struggling to feed their children.

Wow, i used Tax defence network last year and had a pretty good experience. I had called jk and tax masters and got an icky feel in from them. They tried to sell me an offer too, the rep at tax defense network said that was not realistic for my case and wouldn't charge me for thar service. He said they would look into that but would also charge my case and try for a more realistic setlement. So i paid a much lower charge, the ex revenue officer on their staff said no way could I get an offer and comp. Instead, they lowered my penalties and interest by like 90 percent. So I saved ton of money and was happy.

Tax Defense Network Company contacts