Greyhound Lines — greyhound bus lines lack of business know how
Be prepared for 12-24 hour layovers... you read that right. It won't be on your itinerary but you will have it because a bus is always breaking down, running late, whatever which causes you to miss all of you connecting buses and wait a day before the next connecting bus on your route is coming through. Plan to have motel room money ready. I did not, and had to sleep on the floor of the bus station (well tried to but it didn't happen with the constant worry of being robbed as I was traveling alone.) My itinerary said 18 hours trip. Actual was 72.
Customer support at all the stations was poor and very rude. They had zero concern for your well being or safety (they all had a "not my problem, I'm only here for the paycheck" attitude)
When I called to file a complaint and request some sort of accommodation for this trip turning into my worst nightmare, I was informed that inless my layover is minimum of 24 hours (at one time, not total) then they do not offer motel accommodation. (Elderly and those traveling with children... keep that in mind!) You are expected to sleep sitting up in a chair or lay out on the dirty floor surrounded by others like sardines.
I wouldn't even give greyhound 1 star but I had to here. This was my first and last time traveling via bus thanks to this horrendous experience. I truly hope that Greyhound Corporate reads this and takes it seriously. My heart was saddened looking around your bus stations at all the people sleeping on top of each other like a Nazis concentration camp. Sorry to put it harsh... but it was my first thought to comparison.
More Greyhound Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Greyhound Bus - customer service 
- Greyhound Bus - overcharge and poor customer service 
- Greyhound Bus - terrible experience! 
- Greyhound Bus Services - losing lost luggage! 
- Greyhound Bus Lines - unbelievable horrific experience 
- Greyhound Bus - money never refunded 
- Greyhound Bus Service - cold & unheated bus
- Greyhound Lines, Inc. - bus service/delays/disrespect/customer service/discrimination
- Greyhound Lines - bad service and rude employees
- Greyhound Bus Lines - lost baggage