Green Dot Moneypak / funds taken out, never received card

1 MO, United States Review updated:

Purchased a Green Dot Mastercard/Visa for $109.95 April 2, 2009 and never received the card. I called today to report and was told my balance was $70.10. Asked for a refund and was given more hype.
How are these people getting away with this? After reading all of the complaints against them, why are they still in business?

Gi

Comments

• Ne
      30th of Jun, 2010

I have been using Green Dot Money Card since 2007. Since 2007 I have never once had a complaint nor have I had any issues with this company or my card. I have used it online to pay all my bills and shopping at local stores and malls. I have kept a perfect balance with them, never any overdrafts, no money missing, no false charges or theft. I must say I am very pleased with having used their card and service for 3 years now.
    Thanks,
    Nelliesha Knall, Smyrna Tennessee

• Gr
      17th of Oct, 2013

Nelliesha,

I had the exact same experience and attitude about Green Dot as you expressed until I personally, and unexpectedly, experienced the same poor customer service and confiscatory freezing of funds that has been complained about by others on this website. For three years I used Green Dot regularly without any problems until one day I tried to reset my password and was frozen out of my account. I was told that the information I provided didn't match the information they had on file, but wouldn't explain what information was incorrect. I then experienced the same bait and switch delay that has caused many who have filed complaints here to just give up and abandon their funds to Green Dot's unjust enrichment. I have sent them copies of identification documents twice and, after more than two months, am still trying to get the security hold lifted on a balance of $350. Meanwhile, they earn interest on their deposits that are subject to their security holds and undoubtedly earn millions in revenues from funds that have been abandoned due to a customer service policy that seems designed to achieve exactly that result.

1st of Mar, 2014

My name is Antoinette Smith. My reference number is fpp1651360. My phone number is 727-657-5545. My money wasn't on my money pak. My kids are hungry because of this screw up. PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE. I'M BEGGING.

1st of Mar, 2014