Google Wallet / money stolen from my account through debit card

1 Sunnyvale, CA, United States Review updated:

An amount of $432 was debited from my account in the name of Google wallet. Except Gmail, I never opened an account in Google Wallet. I do not have any idea how this transaction was initiated. I immediately called my bank as the transaction was showing in pending column to cancel it and report it as suspicious activity on 06/10/2015. I was told by the Banker that this transaction was made on 06/09/2015 at 3:31 PM. I explained the Banker that I did not make this transaction and claimed the amount bank. The banker canceled the card and placed a request for a new card. Request Googlet Wallet to take extra measures for protecting the security of its users and non user base. It is very annoyinh how Google pulls information just with the E-mail account details. Quite sucpiciously today Gmail made me to change my password reporting suspicious activity. I also attached the picture of my bank account statement with Goolet wallet $432 transaction in pending column as proof. Request people to come forward to voice such incidents and take extreme care in sharing information.

Bu
Jun 10, 2015

Comments

• Th
      11th of Jun, 2015

People have their information stolen all the time and used for a variety of purposes. The purpose it is used for is not necessarily representative of the reason for it being stolen.

• Lo
      4th of Aug, 2016

This same situation happened to me only Google wallet toon 750 dollars out of my account. I never have even used google wallet don't have an account or anything. I'm so upset at Google.