Goodwill Industries International / discrimination?

1 United States

Was in the second hand store in North Miami Beach, FL for a couple of polo shirts and on my way to the cash register with two nice ones over my arm, i saw a pair of running shoes my size. I tried them on and thought they could be a good back up pair. Sure, they were stained but i'm capable of washing that off.
So i rush over to pay and the woman behind the register says after some hesitation the shoes cost $2. I had noticed several overhead signs in the store showing $2 for clothes here and there and i considered the price fair for used shoes. But then she turned to her supervisor who happened to pass near us, and asked if that was the correct price and the supervisor immediately told her in Spanish that no, the price is $12. I almost fainted. I told them I just bought a pair of brand new running shoes online from Walmart for $11.95.
Was it because i am not Hispanic (though i speak Spanish among other languages) as this often happens here in Miami?
I asked in Spanish if they would take less, and the answered was No.
Me and my wife come often to this store for work clothes and so i was really shocked at being treated this way. We have heard others bargain in this store and had the price of items reduced. After all these goods are all donated; free to Goodwill Industries.
Very frustrated, i saw no other way out as to leave even the polo shirts on the counter and exit the store buying nothing.

• Updated by Kijker, Nov 19, 2018

Unrelated to my issue with the shoes, i noticed near the register counter on a table various 2019 calendars at a price of $1.99. It so happens that in the DOLLAR TREE the exact same calendars are selling for only $1.
    It does seem that GOODWILL is overpriced.
    Please post your complaint here, print your complaint and send it to the management of the store.
    Thanks.