Ge Service Protection Program, Lg And Hh Gregg / no response to warrantied washing machine

1 850 Ralph McGill Blvd NE # 10Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4043885954

Purchased top of the line LG frontloader from HHGregg (along with 15k of other appliances) and purchased the 5 yr extended warranty on ALL of the appliances. The LG washer broke, called GE service Protection plan, sent a contractor out, which said I needed a new motor and that is covered under LG's warranty and the part must come from LG. A week later, no-one calls me, i find out adter calling GE back and they had to call the contractor back, that LG does not have the part (How this is possible i do not know). I was given the run around and had to call another numner for GE, found out they then have 48 hours to locate the part and if they can not, they replace. 4 days later, I had to call back, no-one from GE called and I find they can not locate the part and next step is to replace with a GE washer they feel is comparible, which is not. Considerably less in dollar value and not all the functions. I inquired what if the replacement breaks and they said I would have to purchase a new warranty (after a year) and that all parties involved have fulfilled their obligations. Deceiptful business practices, no customer service, basically the customer is ripped off and taken advantage of, replacement is not the same model you buy. I wrote LG 3 times over a week and a half, they have not responded, I have since then written the CEO's of HHGRegg, LG and GE Serice Warranty, awaiting some kind of response. My next step is to seek legal action out of principal of the matter and consumer rights, apparently we have none.

Comments

• Eu
      1st of May, 2009

Yes, please take legal action; that is the only way companies will shape up
    eugen