Frigidaire / Electrolux / frigidaire gas dryer

1 Chicago, IL, United States

Frigidaire gallery dryer caught on fire

Model GLGR1042FS

s/n
XD71707067

Purchase date
05/09/2007

This gas dryer unit caught on fire on Nov 16, 2016, it is my belief it should be treated as a product defect issue, it really could have burned our whole building down, tenant informs that fire department stated it was lint inside a dryer cavity after the lint screen that caught on fire, that it was not the exhaust duct. It is my view this is serious and the public should be notified that this dryer can catch on fire on the inside of the dryer.

I called Frigidaire phone support on Nov 17, 2016 at [protected] and spoke with a supervisor Tonya #1763, she informed me since unit is out of warranty there is nothing Frigidaire will do to address my issue, I told her I think that is a mistake by Frigidaire for such a life safety issue and I believe Frigidaire may already know (and certainly by today November 17, 2016 they know from my call with them) about this product issue and has not informed the owners or the public. She said they have no recall information on this product. It doesn't sound like they will do anything, and it is my belief that the public needs to know. Check your Frigidaire gas dryer model number and investigate to determine if it might be a dangerous product. Overall, I believe I have had bad luck with Frigidaire appliances that include this, one of their washing machines, a dishwasher, and a refrigerator.

Frigidaire / Electrolux