Flagstar Bank / Bad service

I've had a mortgage with Flagstar for four years now. Recently, I had changes in family employment and needed help with my mortage. Flagstar Bank sent me documentation and included with those documents were a letter stating what I needed to do in order to get the process rolling. In this letter, they gave me a dollar amount that I had to pay which according to the letter included my 2-1-09 mortgage payment. Now, I've been receiving phone calls from Flagstar asking when I was going to make this 2-1 payment. To make a long story short. I was informed by Flagstar that the date on the letter to me was incorrect. They are not taking responsibility for their mistakes. They are basically telling me that they screwed up and I still owe them the 2-1 payment. They also told me that they won't waive the late fee. They are not trying to accomodate me at all for their screw up. Will never do business with them on any level ever again...They treat their customers like Crap. They don't care.

Vi

Comments

• Do
      28th of Apr, 2009

yep...flagstar is only looking out for themselves...even though they took bailout money...kinda making money at both ends...any way they can. to heck with their consumers or taxpayer money. looking for more evidence of their abusing taxpayer's bailout money...demo'ing they aren't working with anyone in good faith.

• Ne
      8th of Jan, 2010

I have been a customer for four years and no has been able to return my calls, and when I plea my situation they don't even care. HELP someone

• Sm
      13th of Mar, 2010

I have a mortgage with flagstar bank. I had a fixed rate on my loan; but at the end of the first year my mortgage went up $90.00 a month. I called and asked how this could be when my taxes went down. The rude customer service person could not answer my questions and continually put me on hold. She finally gave me the answer that I had an escrow analysis done and they said I wouldn't have enough held in escrow because there has to be a certain amount left over after my taxes and insurance are paid. And that they didn't figure the right amount at closing for this. In my opinion $90.00 dollars a month is a big underestimation. But my biggest complaint is that towards the end of the conversation she told me "your family should have educated you on the ups and downs of taxes and insurance before you bought the house." I think this was very rude and unprofessional to say. On the upside I can't complain about the very courteous and professional loan officer that helped me acquire my loan. He did a very good job helping me with everything every step of the way. Of course he is no longer with the company.

• Lo
      27th of Sep, 2010

I applied for a Loan modification they replied in 4mos that I had to apply for a home affordable loan denied in 2mos. Now back to a Loan Modification more waste of time they need everything again. Can't say if they will approve and how long it will take in the meantime money is scarce and may have to file bankruptcy for all the delays in approving a modification wasting my time eastern time zone. Only while I'm at work. Calling to only have a wait time of 15 to 20 min to get to a representative.