First Premier Bank / unauthorized credit card "application" scam
On Nov. 14, 2016, I received an email from First Premier Bank in Sioux Falls, SD, thanking me for submitting an application for a credit card and congratulating me for qualifying for the card. Big problem, however, is that I never applied for any such credit card. Apparently they opened a credit card account in my name without authorization or notice to me.
So far I've emailed, phoned, and sent a certified letter rejecting any such card and demanding that FPB correct my records. Based on their bad internet reputation, it seems like this is how they do business. This reminds me of the Wells Fargo scheme -- create fake accounts for a commission and then run up service charges, etc.
When I called to notify FPB of the problem and complain, I got "Kim A41" and her boss "Kori 7887" -- always a bad sign when a bank can't use their real names. After I complained about the situation, they said they wouldn't do anything until I gave them lots more confidential personal information, like Social Security Number and date of birth. They claimed they already had it, so this was just to check me out in case I was trying to cancel what was supposedly my own card (???) -- they seemed to think I was pulling the old "cancel the account in your own name for the hell of it" scam -- right. Of course, I had an ID number their email included in the email, but they said they couldn't recognize or use their own ID number. (They could also confirm they had my email and phone number, but they don't count that for ID either. I think they want the SSN, DOB, etc. to backfill the fake application with the real data.)
More First Premier Bank Complaints & Reviews
- First Premier Bank - unrecognized charge from this company in my checking acct 
- FPB cr card internet - charged me $100 for the last 3-4 mo 
- First Premier Bank - fraudulent billing, scamming 
- First Premier Bank - Visa Credit Card - withdraw money from account and did not post it to the account! 
- First Premier Bank - getting calls from unknown name, unknown number! 
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - statements not received
- First Premier Bank - late charges 
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - credit card
- First Premiere Bank - Overcharged 
- First Premier Bank / Premier Bankcard - first premier credit card