First Premier Bank / falsifying statement information

1 Alexandria, MN, United States Review updated:

I signed up for a card through First Premier Bank like any other person would... to build credit. I thought it would be a great idea. My first statement came and I forgot to pay it... It was due on the 8th. I started recieving calls from the cc company on the 4th stating that my account was "seriously past due." All of the calls had gone to voicemail as they called while I was at work. On the 18th I recieved a call and talked to a representative. She stated that my account was "extremely delinquent" I said, "How do you figure, it is only 10 days past the due date" She proceeded to tell me that my statement was "PRINTED UP" on the 15th of the month BEFORE the due date, and therefore, I was 30DAYS past due... 30 DAYS!!! I was 10 days late!
UGH!!! They are a HORRIBLE COMPANY... please DO NOT GET THEIR CARD... if for no other reason... don't get it so that you can protect your SANITY.

Comments

6th of Sep, 2010

Please understand that they are there to try and help customers whom have been unable to get a credit card else where or whom are trying to rebuild or build credit. Although they can seem a little rough when it comes to collecting bills etc, they are actually a good company. Most issues with this company can be resolved fairly easily, I have many credit cards and typically i dont carry a balance but they are quick to investigate issues of unauthorized charges etc, although you have to go through the typical steps as any other bank. They also offer a great insurance protection program that will pay your minimum payment should you be unable to, so that your credit rating stays protected.

31st of Dec, 2010

I have to say I have been a First Premier customer for two years. When I started using my card I didn't know alot about credit cards and debt to ratio. I learned how to use my credit card the right way. I got about one year credit history with my card. I always paid my payments on time. I was late twice due to work and some other things. First Premier had already reported to the credit bureau my payment was on time. They even called to tell me that they where given me a chance to make it right. I have to say they have raised my credit score over 200 points. You really just need to give them a chance. They really have great customer service. There offering away for most people a way when there was none.