Fifth Third Bank / steals money with their overdraft!

1 Kalamazoo, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 269-808-0145

Even though I deposited $250 at 7:30 in the morning - this bank decided not to actually deposit the money until that evening, and also decided to put through any charges for that day and then charge me overdraft charges for them, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD THE FUNDS IN THEIR BUILDING AT 7:30 A.M. I have contacted them and told them to close my account IMMEDIATELY as they charged me $124 in overdraft charges for ONE DAY. They are a scam and a rip off! I can't afford to work to pay them to sit on their ###! If they do not close my account immediately I will be seeking an attorney to sue them. WORSE BANK IN THE WORLD!

Comments

23rd of Aug, 2008

Please let me know if you found an attorney. I have a similar compaint against 53 and how they handle their overdrafts. I was charged 269.00 in over draft fees because of the way they pay their charges I was charged for 7 overdrafts when I should have only been charged for one. Because they pay the largest amounts first then the smallest amounts last. Which can cause you to get charge more in over draft fees. They say they do this to help their customer but they do this because 9/10 times this will benefit them in fees. Again I would have only had to pay one over draft fee instead of 7 if they would have processed the payments in the order they came in.