Fifth Third Bank / stealing money through overdraft fees!
I have a Fifth Third Student Checking account with them, and once I went only $7.70 over my current balance. Within an hour of discovering it, I had brought my account to $0.05 in the black. However, I checked my balance the next day and found that I was $32.95 in the red because of an overdraft charge! I anticipated that, so it didn't bother me too much at the time. However, my paycheck was deposited today and I found out that they had assessed me a total of $103 in overdraft charges. They took my whole paycheck and still left me $3 in overdraft. I called them and they say if I put the $3 in today that I won't be assessed any further fees. If they do assess me again, there will be a fresh complaint on here and a call to the Better Business Bureau.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - poor customer care
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - kandi martin
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - a birthday gift triggered a fraud investigation
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - mortgage harassment