Fedex / christmas package delivered to wrong house

Two families worth of Christmas gifts shipped via FedEx did not arrive as shipped on Monday, Dec. 22nd. When I called FedEx told me the driver had delivered it to the wrong address. They gave me the address is was supposedly shipped to, and told me to try to go get it there (isn't that their job???). My sister went to that address, it was an empty lot. Long story short . . . . After only a few days, FedEx tells me that there is nothing they can do, that it's lost. The didn't even try. Their best attempt was to ask the driver if he remember delivering it . . . .yeah, right at Christmas time . . . . . seriously!!! The sad thing is that there were items in there that can't be replaced (hand-made items that tooks hours and hours to make and very expensive Senior pictures). You'd think that if you wanted something to be sure to arrive, you'd send it FedEx, but I guess not.

As an aside, my sister sent her stuff to us via US mail and it arrived in 2 days!!!

N  19th of Jan, 2009 by
I shipped two packages separately to my mother for Christmas by FedEx. She received one package but never the other. When I filed a claim they showed two signatures which were both identical. One was definitely a copy. They tried to say she had signed for both packages but only had one signature and an identical copy of it claiming she had signed for the second package. This was definitely a cover up by someone, which by backing this obvious copy of a signature is very damaging to FedEx's reputation. I really feel this is infringing on fraud and if they claim that second duplicate copy is a valid signature then that is forgery.

FedEx Corporate Services Logo FedEx Corporate Services