Fedex - Russia / forget about time limits

1 Russia Review updated:

I live in Perm city (Russia). On November 16, 2007 I was sent a laptop via Fedex from my relative in USA to get it close to New Year as a gift. For that reason he chose International economy service of Fedex (though it costed him nearly 300 USD) with estimated delivery for 3 weeks. Later on, it became clear that delivery to Perm is impossible (though he was assured that I'll get it delivered to door) and I'd to come to customs dep. of Domodedovo airport in Moscow (it's 1.5 hour's flight from Perm) 'cause there is extra customs due to be paid due to exceeding of declared laptop price 600 USD allowed free import limit into Russia (but again missed to mention by Fedex staff at legalization of cargo). I contacted all available officials of Fedex, whose contact addresses I found in the internet: head office in Moscow, Fedex dep. in Domodedovo airport etc. The answer was to wait until they call me back since the cargo documents aren't released from customs yet. My relative, sender of the laptop, got nearly the same answer at Fedex office in USA with minor difference that they missed to mention some facts when legalizing the cargo and the only thing they can do for him is to return it back without compensation of expenses made for delivery. However, I'm afraid that it'll be completely lost somewhere on the way if he demands it back so it's better to wait till final victory. What about time limits!? Forget about it. They'll keep it as long as they wish and thank the God if you get it at all. My conclusion is if you want to test your patience use Fedex service and imagine that you've donated your own money for prosperity and development of Fedex!!!

Va

Comments

• Ro
      26th of Apr, 2008

Fedex Russia are the worst - tell everyone that they should not use fedex Russia- only UPS . Much much better.

Once i got a package and they wanted 500 USD to free it from customs . i am not talking about the custom taxcost- that i should have paid separately . i am talking about their service only in the customs!!!. I could have bought flight ticket and bring it myself and that would have cost cheaper.

• 18
      31st of Dec, 2009

I totally agree here. I wanted to send a new year's gift; paid $400 for the gift and nearly $300 for the shipping via FedEx. The guy at the counter even wanted to charge me for taping the box, what a shame! Luckily I had my own tape for that. He explicitly said that it is GUARANTEED to arrive on Wed., Dec. 30th. Right after leaving FedEx, I went online and it already showed the estimated delivery date of Jan. 14. Today is Dec. 31 but, of course, no delivery attempt has been made yet and the "business is closed" for the holiday. Just another example of how FedEx steals money by simply lying to their customers. No wonder they don't feel the "crisis" whatsoever!