Fedex / fedex don't deliver on time!

I recently purchased a Genie garage door opener from Lowes, upon installing it I realized a malfunction circuit board needed to be replace. After speaking with Genie tech, they said they'll replaced it for free since it is under warranty. I am not happy and frustrated that a never open box Genie garage door opener have defected part. Don't Genie Company have quality control department?

I waited 5 days anxiously to receive this circuit board, it's already very inconvenience everyday I need to open the garage door manually. I ask Genie tech for FedEx's Home ground tracking number and on FedEx's website it said, it'll deliver on Jan 27, 2007, 6:46 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery HACIENDA HEIGHTS, CA. I called FedEx at 8:30 AM and asked when will the package be deliver ? The lady said it cannot be track, once a package is on a truck to be deliver it cannot be located it. At 3:15 PM I still didn't receive the package, I called FedEx once again and the lady said, I'm cannot track the package since it's ship via Home Ground. However, if the package is shipped next day the FedEx operator said we can try to call. But since it is Home Ground we cannot help you. She said please just wait from now to 8 PM.

Time gone by, now it is 9:50 PM and the package still didn't show up at my home. I once again lookup FedEx's website, it still show the package is gone out to the truck to be deliver, no update. I called FedEx for the 3rd times and inquired where is my package. The lady said, sorry we cannot lookup your package because our Computer is down for maintenance. I asked to speak to her supervisor and explained to the supervisor how frustrate I'm. How can a big corporation like FedEx lie about delivery? Today is Saturday and it is only weekend I have time to work on repairing the garage door opener. I never thought about FedEx to be the problem. The image of FedEx totally changed. I used to think FedEx is a much better run company in comparison to UPS. However my perception and really life experience tells me not.

It get even worst, the supervisor said Home Ground unit is closed on Sunday and Monday. That mean I won't get my package until the following Tuesday.

I never thought a big company like FedEx will missed delivery and have no systems redundancy to support customer who call on Saturday. This whole ordeal really changed my perception of FedEx bad execute operation.

Gm

Comments

• Ra
      27th of Jun, 2007

The handlers of vehicle accident Claims (The Lostus CO) has delayed the payment on a claim from one of my Customers, now causing me to charge storage on the their car, Lostus CO. Lied repeatedly on when they sent the check to the body shop.

• Da
      21st of May, 2008

stop crying you babies! If you want it delivered on monday, ship ground, or go to the store and pick it up yourself!!!

• Na
      9th of Sep, 2008

Hello sir,

I received an email from my bank, HDFC informing that they've sent me a courier on 8 September 2008. The next morning, while I was on my way to my office, I received a call from the number, +911126163888. The person on the other line asked if I was Nayan Lahary. I confirmed that he was speaking to the right person.

The person then informed me there was a courier in my name. As there wouldn't be anyone at my address to receive the courier, I asked if it was possible for me to collect the courier at their office. The answer was yes. I then asked for the address of the office and told them that I would collect it from their office. The person at the other end readily gave the address. The address was as follows:

Fedex
    Shop no. 16,
    Near Aggarwal sweets,
    Rama Market,
    Munirka,
    New Delhi.

I was told that the office would remain open until 9:00pm and I could collect my courier anytime before this time.

Once I came back from my workplace in the evening, I directly went to the Fedex office at the above address. The time was between 8:00pm to 9:00pm (IST). Please note this for your reference. There was a person sitting at the entrance. He looked like a man of authority and he was doing some paperwork on his desk. The paperwork looked like some Fedex receipts.

I politely told this person that I received a call from them informing me that there was a courier in my name. I narrated to him about the call and the time I was asked to collect it. Surprisingly he was indifferent. He rudely asked me to show the number from which I received the call. I looked into the history of calls received on my mobile and showed it to him. He rudely replied, “This isn't our number and you've come to the wrong address. May be you should try the courier next door!"

However, knowing that I had come to the correct address, I insisted that I did receive a call and he could check my ID proof and hand over the courier to me. Meanwhile, one of the workers at the office overheard our conversation. He came forward and acknowledged that a call was indeed made to me about a courier. I showed the number in my call history and this worker confirmed that it was their number.

This is when I went wild at the person who I first spoke to (the man at the entrance). How could he be so ignorant, when it was such a small office. He didn't even make any effort to investigate and find out if there indeed was a call. All he was bothered was getting rid of me at the first sight. I doubt if he was a racist and if my looks brought up some stereo typical thoughts in his mind. I'm from the North Eastern parts of India and probably he hates what they call us ' Chinkis'.

At least he should have turned to other workers at the office and enquired. Nothing of this sort was done. What a shame! I work with the Service Industry and this is unacceptable for a service provider like Fedex.

I want this investigated at the highest level and want this person sacked. He knows nothing of basic service. I don't know his name. However, I've provided you with the address, the date and time when he was at the office in the first paragraph. I've also forwarded a complaint to HDFC for choosing such a courier that doesn't understand what basic service is. I hope they'll see a point to terminate their contract with an incompetent Service Provider like Fedex.

Please don't ignore this complaint. This is very serious and I will go to any extent to make sure the ignorant officer at Fedex, Munirka is punished. I'm not going to stop here. I'll stop only when I hear in the national news that the person I have complained about has been rightfully punished.

I hope to get an updated on this complaint soon. An apology from a person of authority from Fedex will be highly appreciated.

Nayan Lahary

132A, Kishan Singh, II floor (2 room set)
    katwaria Sarai