Fedex / fictitious delivery attempt

I was waiting all day for two FedEx packages today, October 24, 2008. Here are the tracking numbers:

[protected]

[protected]

My address is on a very large and well-known street in Chicago (Irving Park Road) and the building has very clear numbers above the door. I left a note downstairs to ring the top buzzer outside (which also has my name) or to call me (and left my number) and that I would come downstairs immediately.

I received the first package before noon. The driver called me before coming to the building (from a nearby address) and I met him downstairs. This worked out great.

The second package never came so I went to the FedEx web site to track it at 5:30pm where it said the following, "5:01pm customer not at home or business closed." I WAS AT HOME AND THIS FEDEX DRIVER IS TELLING LIES! HE NEVER EVEN CAME HERE TODAY. There was no note. They are supposed to leave a sticker or a door hanger, but there was nothing.

I called customer service and they very nonchalantly explained to me that I would just have to wait till tomorrow. So now I have to alter my plans and spend another whole day waiting for this package!

This is a horrible, horrible service. There is not even a complaint field at FedEx.com, anywhere on the site, for customer benefit and quality improvement. It is quite clear that FedEx does not care at all about its customers.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      31st of Oct, 2008

FEDEX claims they delivered a 6 pound package to my door on october 29th, 2008 in Ashburn VA. I told them I never recieved it. Fedex went on and on about how the tracking number shows it was delievered and how they dont require signatures for just any shipment at my apartment building. UPS customer service on the other hand confirmed that they do require signatures on every shipment to my apartment. Thats because UPS cares.

I strongly believe FEDEX had trouble making the 2 day delivery and just scanned the package delivered. They probably never delivered it. My personal opinion is that they are a fraudelent company who will cause grief to many people all over. Hope my next shipment comes UPS or even from the post office.