F And S Towing And Storage / Jack In The Box / illegal towing

1 402 W San Ysidro BlvdSan Ysidro, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 760-216-3952

I had made plans to meet someone at Jack in the Box for dinner, after parking, I when inside the Jack in the Box and I did not see my party and so I when outside the Jack in the box and walked down the street about 20 yards and saw the person I was looking for and both of us then when back inside the Jack in the box an started to looked at the menu, this all took place in a matter of minutes, about 5 to be exact. While ordering food at Jack in the Box, my car started to get towed, I rushed outside and try to stop the driver who had my car tied to the tow truck and was proceeding into the drive-thru, I told him what was going on and to please stop, he looked Hispanic so I spoke in Spanish, he then replied “ I do not speak Spanish” and smiled, so then I started speaking in English, he said, “go up front and I will pull up, I can’t stop here” then as I when around the restaurant, he took off. His associate which was close by was left behind, I pleaded with him, at this point is when he said that it would about $420 to bring my car back, he also said that the reason was that I had left the restaurant and that they did not see me in there. I told them check the cameras and pleaded desperately with a rude and offensive tow truck worker who said that Jack in the Box hired them cause they were tired of getting their parking spaces taken, I told him that understood but that I was actually a customer who was meeting someone there and just stepped out when I did not see him, he was indifferent. He made some calls and asked the tow truck driver to come back and get him, I continued pleading and begging for help, he told me to call this number [protected] and talk to his boss. When I spoke to his boss, at F and S towing and explained the situation, he did not believe me, he said that I was not in the restaurant at the time of the towing, I then told him to check the cameras as I was coming out of Jack in the Box as my car is getting towed, at which point he said, well you left the property, so it does not matter, bottom-line there was no reasoning with any of them, so I just started to apologize and asking for help. After almost crying, the shakedown started. He then said that it is normally more; however, that they would bring my car my back for a $93 fine. I did not have that much money, all I had was $70 and so, I was then instructed to call my friends or family, I told them that I could give them a check and they said no, they wanted cash. All I could do is continue to beg for mercy and told them please, that I need it the car for work and that I did not have much money, they then asked me, if I had a license and insurance and if I was the registered owner, I said yes.
Finally, the tow truck worker said they were going to bring my car back, but I had to go away from Jack in the box and into a dark alley because they did not want anybody to see them giving me my car back for less, literally that is what he said. I am now waiting in a dark alley and the tow truck arrives with my car, they then take my money without giving me any kind of receipt or paperwork, drop my car and left.

Comments

• Ka
      30th of Jun, 2010

Take them Jack in the box manager and the tow truck company to court. I hope you still have the receipt. YOU WILL WIN. Sue them.

• Be
      11th of Dec, 2014

Something similar happened to me last night. These people are not running a fast food store they are running a towing business disguised as a fast food store. I parked, went inside and waited for my friend who was having trouble finding me. I walked out, got my friend and came back. My car was gone! I was inside the shop at 7:02 and they towed my car at 7:15.
    Someone please sue this fast food shop and teach them a lesson. I had to go to Phoenix, paid over a $150 in a dark alley and got my car back. (They make it look like a drug deal). Is this even legal and what can I do to make sure that I get compensated for this hassle?
    Spread the word people. Help save the next victim.