Expedia / customer service

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I will never use Expedia ever again to book a flight or hotel because of the terrible experience I've had with their customer service team. I normally do not have any problems when booking a flight but I booked a hotel for a business trip last month and I got charged by both Expedia and the hotel. When I contacted Expedia customer service about the issue, their customer service representative was rude, unhelpful, and evasive. She tried to help by calling the hotel manager for me but she didn't do what I asked. I needed her to provide evidence/documentation that Expedia paid the hotel for my reservation but she just called and got the same excuses that I got from the Holiday Inn Express in Grants, NM. The Holiday Inn claims that they faxed Expedia to get documentation that Expedia already paid for my hotel but never got a response back. So naturally, I tried to expedite the matter and get the situation resolved by attempting to get Expedia to provide the documentation but the customer service team is inept and could not understand what I needed them to do or would not do what I asked. I have a long stream of emails from Expedia that all says the same thing by 5 different people. It's been nearly two weeks and the charge is still on my credit card and now I have completely given up on Expedia and The Holiday Inn and will dispute the charge formally with my credit card company.

Booking through Expedia is not worth the hassel or the savings. And to be frank, I actually ended up paying more by booking through Expedia because of their booking fees.

Comments

• Le
      9th of Jan, 2010

Booked air and hotel with expedia back in August of 2009 for me, my son, and my fiance. At the time did not know if we would be able to leave my son at home or have to take him with. To be safe bought a ticket for him and insurance on all three. Insurance states right on it. Protect your self from life's unexpected happenings and be able to change or cancel your reservation with expedia insurance. Turns out you cannot change nor cancel your reservation. I tried to cancel the reservation they said they could not. I tried to change it for my father and they said they could not. When I asked what did I spend money on they said it protects me if I need to change or cancel the reservation. I said you just said I can't change or cancel the reservation. They told me yes you are right. So I asked what did I pay for if not to change or cancel my reservation. Again they said to change or cancel my reservation. I asked where he was located and he was in the philippines. Figured there must be a language barrior so asked to speak to an american. After arguing with him he finally complied. a half an hour later he finally connected me when he realized I wasn't going to hang up. The rude corporate person started reading her little script the representative did earlier. You can't cancel or change your reservation. I ask what did I pay for then when I bought the insurance. The ability to cancel or change your reservation. Next time I will use Orbitz.

• Er
      31st of Oct, 2010

Expedia screwed me and my wife on her 40th birthday plans to Cancun. They didn't bother to tell us that Mexicana Airlines WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. We would have shown up at the airport if my wife hadn't tried to confirm everything was good prior to leaving. Expedia has done NOTHING to try to make this right. My wife keeps crying and we are both just SICK about it all...

• Cr
      29th of Aug, 2015

I'm a high volume user - gold + supposedly... There Customer service is horrible. Because of my status they advertise a special tel # to get you faster service. What you get is the same foreign Operators answering the calls whom can't understand English asking you all your numbers, itinerary, phone email, etc and then they ask to transfer you to Gold +... They you get transferred and YES they ask you all the same info again. 45 minutes trying to use a airline credit, never getting to Supervisors.

No responses to complaint emails.

They lost my business... Save your $$$ and time

• Be
      20th of Sep, 2015

calling Expedia Customer service when you've been overcharged, Is like being parachuted into an inpenitrable jungle full of poisonist snakes after losing your eye sight. You're taking to someone in China or Russia, who has no reference to you, our country, or our way of life, barely speaks English and hasn't a clue what you're talking about. I agree with this review completely. I made a reservation and was thinking I was dealing with country inn and suites in Helen, ga and when I got there, I had been linked to expedia and they had no information about my room, room charge but I did have a reference number. so they gave me a room at twice what I signed up for on expedia. But I was given several numbers by the expedia customer service that I called and their offices were closed and one last number apparent for the Russian mafia who had messages so off the wall that I had no idea what they were talking about. Call the hotel yourself. do not deal with expedia.