Expedia / customer service

1 Bellevue, ID, United States

I placed a order for a flight that was listed at $965. When I submitted the order, however, I was charged $4, 944 -- a full $3, 979 overcharge! When I called to report the problem, I was placed on hold for over an hour after being told that the overcharge was due to an issue on their website. After waiting for an hour, I hung up and called back, and asked to speak with a supervisor. Another hour on hold later (2+ hours total at this point), I spoke with a woman who told me the only possible resolution was to cancel the original reservation (which would leave a hold on my credit card for several days and cause me to also contact the airline to request refunds of the seat upgrades I'd already paid for directly), and re-book at whatever the current pricing is. All I wanted was a refund of the $3, 979 overcharge. They were unwilling to give me this refund, and were extremely rude in the process. I asked them what they thought of my customer service experience -- they said "probably not great" and yet they were completely unwilling to help me. I will never do business with Expedia again.

Ka