Etihad Airways / luggage mishandling
I had booked a ticket for my son from Abu Dhabi - Cochin - Abu Dhabi through EY Ticket # [protected]. My Son traveled to Cochin by Flight # EY280 on 28/06/2008 as Un accompanied Minor UM10. There was 2 luggages with him of which one luggage sent through citi terminal and hand luggage sent through check in counter as the hand luggage was not allowed due to un accompanied minor. When the flight arrived in Cochin it was noticed that the hand luggage which was sent through the Check in counter ( Tag # 7648709 ) was not reached in Cochin. My son was there in the air port almost 2 hours between 4 am to 6 am as the officials were searching for the luggage with him. His relatives were waiting outside without information about him and they were really worried. Upon checking with Abu Dhabi Etihad office on 29/06/08 morning we came to know that the luggage was not sent to cochin on 28/06/2008 and they confirmed that the luggage will be sent through Etihad Flight on 29/06/2008. I regret to inform the concerned officials that no body from Eithad office had called me regarding the same as it was a mistake happened by the luggage handling office. I need to know how we can collect the luggage which will be sent on 29/06/2008 as our home town is almost 300 Kilometers away from the cochin Air port and who will pay the transportation charges. We expect a better service from Etihad as we are purely depending on Airlines when we are sending our children un accompanied. I expect to receive a reply soon from the concerned in this regard.
Thanks & Regards,
More Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airlines - double charging! 
- Etihad Airways - non vegetarian meal served against vegetarian meal 
- Etihad Airlines - flight cancellation 
- [Resolved] Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion 
- Etihad Airways - Auckland delayed flight.
- Etihad Airways - abu dhabi to lahore (food)
- Etihad Airways - delay in receiving luggage causing health problem and extra money spent on toiletries and essentials
- Etihad Airways - drink trolley toppled over injuring my leg and foot!!!
- Etihad Airways - very poor service and attitude whilst trying to retrieve items left on a business class flight