Etihad Airways / luggage mishandling

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I had booked a ticket for my son from Abu Dhabi - Cochin - Abu Dhabi through EY Ticket # [protected]. My Son traveled to Cochin by Flight # EY280 on 28/06/2008 as Un accompanied Minor UM10. There was 2 luggages with him of which one luggage sent through citi terminal and hand luggage sent through check in counter as the hand luggage was not allowed due to un accompanied minor. When the flight arrived in Cochin it was noticed that the hand luggage which was sent through the Check in counter ( Tag # 7648709 ) was not reached in Cochin. My son was there in the air port almost 2 hours between 4 am to 6 am as the officials were searching for the luggage with him. His relatives were waiting outside without information about him and they were really worried. Upon checking with Abu Dhabi Etihad office on 29/06/08 morning we came to know that the luggage was not sent to cochin on 28/06/2008 and they confirmed that the luggage will be sent through Etihad Flight on 29/06/2008. I regret to inform the concerned officials that no body from Eithad office had called me regarding the same as it was a mistake happened by the luggage handling office. I need to know how we can collect the luggage which will be sent on 29/06/2008 as our home town is almost 300 Kilometers away from the cochin Air port and who will pay the transportation charges. We expect a better service from Etihad as we are purely depending on Airlines when we are sending our children un accompanied. I expect to receive a reply soon from the concerned in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Kannan Purayamkumarath
[protected].

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2009

Hi I to have complaint regarding my luggage in my bag. I travelled from Newyork to Mumbai on 21nd March. When I reached Mumbai I found that my luggage in the cargo bag was tampared. I found that my sony handy and charger for laptop is stolen. Is there a way I can complaint? My luaggage ref number is 3QFQUN /SEQ NR 038

• Ah
      9th of Apr, 2009

to whom may it concern
    I flew from Islamabad to sfo on 19 jan 2009. I had 3 bag for the third bag I paid Rs9800 which is equall to US$125. My three bag was booked all the way to SFO last destination.When I came to JFK the immigration took a lot of time so I missed my connected flight then I went to United tkt counter to catch the another flight to SFO. All three bags were with me when the United tkt agent saw me with three bags she said I amgona chage you for the third bag. I said I already paid in Islamabad also I showed my receit but she said no. Any how I had to pay again$125. It does not make sense to me why I had to pay again. I need to be reimbursed my Us125.
    My contact
    Iqbal Ahmed
    925 825 2475

• Sm
      9th of Oct, 2010

etihad airways has the worst customer service you can ever find, there is no guarantee that your baggage is safe with them the only reason we commute with this airways is they are cheap when compare to others. so my request with all the future commuters is not to carry any valuables in your main baggage while travelling with ETIHAD AIRWAYS, or else you will land yourself in a helpless situation which i have experienced while travelling from dublin to hyderabad. on 9th october 2010. they missed to transfer my baggage at abu dhabi airport which was my connecting destination for hyderabad flight and after waiting for almost three hours at collection point they never bothered to inform me about my baggage and only after the conveyor belt stopped i went to inquire, one of their executives who was literally standing 5 feet away from the baggage collection point had the list of passengers who missed their baggage at abu dhabi, enjoying by looking at the troubled passengers. one more thing never give your passport to any of the staff of ETIHAD AIRWAYS at their complaints counter or else only god will help you coz they even swapped my passport with another lady named mamta at their hyderabad counter and i'm fortunate that god helped me and i realised intime and managed to catch her at the exit door.

s m ahmed.

• Al
      9th of Nov, 2011

i have travelled with this poor quality Etihad airway on 6th Nov 2011 and till now i am looking for my luggage. where did it go?