Etihad Airlines

Posted:

flight cancellation

Etihad
New York
HI my booking reference no is 2LOUM7.
I was supposed to board flight EY 100 from JFK to Abu Dhabi. The flight got cancelled and I was stuck in New York for 24 hours. I had observed a few guests being given alternate flights and the rest of us just had to stay on.
I was in US for a company trip on per day paid basis. Since my days of stay were over, I was stuck in NY without any money, the baggage was already checked in, therefore I did not have any change of clothes too. I wear contact lenses and had assumed I would be in delhi by the time I needed to refresh my medically prescribed lenses, the medical supplies for which were not available at the airport, nor near the Airport Hotel location. I did not even have the money to take a cab and cater to me medical needs. I have undergone mental trauma, harassment and physical pain because of Etihad.

I agree, the airline provided us with a hotel. (horrible one) but the inconvenience I have had to undergo was enormous. I missed my office which is a direct pay cut from my salary as I was not supposed to be on leave.
Your ground staff did not provide us with accurate information and I was rendered tired, broke and frustrated.I work for a 65000 people organisation and I am definitely going to communicate this to my company travel desk to blacklist Etihad unless I am compensated for my loss and harassment and obviously word of mouth matters. All the passengers I spoke to that day said the same thing " Etihad - never again".I want to be contacted immediately and want this discussion to take place in a very professional manner and not the Etihad way.
Complaint comments Comments (5)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

N  24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Dear OP,

The best way to contact Etihad is to email them your concerns on feedback@etihad.ae, This is the guest affairs Department who will reply to you.

Hope this helps.
A  5th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Please note guest.affairs@etihad.ae or feedback@etihad.ae are nothing but email blackholes, expect your complaint to fall on deaf ears. See if you can go in person to their head office. Expect poor service, intransigence, indignant incompetent service
A  5th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
This is the second time to fly from Japan (Nagoya) to Iraq (Baghdad), the first time everything went smoothly. However the second flight on 3rd of March, after i arrived to Abu Dhabi Airport coming from Japan (14 hours flight), i was looking for the connection flight bound for Baghdad that was cancelled on the day without prior announcement. My husband in Japan phone called the Etihad Airways in Tokyo since he was worried about me. The staff of etihad informed him that the ground staff at Abu Dhabi will take of passengers in this case and provide them with the hotel to stay. However the ground staff kept us in the transit in without sending us to the hotel. It was so hectic and frustrating to wait in the airport for more than 27 hours without having shower or even close your eyes. One of the passengers his medical condition got deteriorated and unfortunately died in the transit. I really feel unsafe to fly with this company though i paid about 2000 US dollar for this inconvenient flight and i am waiting for the compensation for what happened to me . My booking reference is 5U4VMF.
N  7th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
how to know if my fligth is cancel or not cancel pls help me
May 6 2013 is my fligth fmanila to abu dabi and abudabi to riyadh
N  4th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
To
The Etihad airways customer care
Respected sir,
I want to bring to your notice that due to some technical reason.I would not board on flight.EY222 on 4th march 2015 at Quaid.e.azam international airport karachi pakistan.reserved by reference #YRGETK and e.ticket number, 6075465649122.
It was not my fault because I arrival on time at airport but Etihad staff did not allow me to board.
Therefore, kindly refund me or issue a voucher.
Please sir help me.I am very poor and my contect number is ...00966548604582...
Thank you...