[Resolved] Enterprise Holdings / damage to rental car - damage deposit $1000 gbp been 7 weeks - nothing
I had a roadside incident and put a scratch in the rental car. They said about $150 GBP to fix, but took a further damage deposit of $1000 GBP. It's been 7 weeks, and no invoice with the actual cost, and no bookkeeping of the difference between repair cost and deposit, and of course no refund of that difference to the Credit card.
Here is their answer:
"Thank you for your email.
I can advise that We do normally advise that this process can take 4-6 weeks to come through to us from the date of the incident.
As it has gone over the 6 week mark, the next step is the 61 day process in which we have to wait for 61 days from the date of loss for the invoices to be sent through to us.
It has currently been 44 days.
If we have still not received the invoices by day 61, we will email our billing team asking for them to re-examine the claim.
Once the invoices are received, they will be sent to you via post unless you request for them to be sent to you via email."
Nothing about the actual refund, and ignored my previous request to EMAIL the invoice rather than mail them since I live in Canada and they are in the UK.
How long can a company legally keep a deposit before needing to account for it?
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Enterprise Holdings Customer Care's Response, May 01, 2018
We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to email@example.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
More Enterprise Holdings Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - charges 
- Enterprise Holdings - rental vehicle
- Enterprise Rental Car - charged for all coverage, but still charged for basic coverage
- Enterprise Holdings - rental car facility that double charged a disabled senior citizen
- Enterprise Holdings - fraudulent charges
- Enterprise Holdings - identity fraud