Empirecarpet.com / carpet installation

1 Bessemer, AL, United States Review updated:

April 23rd 2018 I got an estimate for carpet installation from Empire Carpet. Installation date was scheduled for September 4th today after Labor Day. Is the Saturday prior to Labor Day it was brought to my attention that the carpet could not be installed on the following Tuesday due to overbooking. I was told that the carpet could be installed the following Tuesday which was bad for me because I had to return to work. I rescheduled another installation date for October 11th. The day before I received the email confirmation that the carpet will be installed the next day. I called Empire around 7 in the morning on October 11th I was told if I did not receive a call from the installers by 10:30 to give them a call back. I call back at 10:30 and that's when I was told that my carpet will not be install that day due to the installers having to attend to a family matter I was also told there was not a substitute crew that could install my carpet and that I would have to wait until the following Tuesday to have my carpet install. I have taken off from work on two occasions two weeks for carpet installation that has not happened. In my personal opinion this is very unprofessional and the lines of communication needs to be corrected. A very dissatisfied customer.

• Updated by LRWill, Oct 12, 2018

Part two of the Empire carpet saga. After all of the phone calls, pleading and idle treats, Empire sent installers with carpet first thing this morning. The men get started and I get out of the way. Everything is smooth until I get a call from a representative from Empire. He's calling to let me know the job can't be finished today, because the appraiser took the wrong measurements and there was not enough carpet sent to complete the job. To add insult to injury, the remaining carpet won't be here until next Tuesday. So instead of getting 3 rooms a hallway and stairs done, I got 2 rooms and a hallway. As large and widespread this company is it would seem like they would have measured in place to eliminate mishaps like this. I am truly ready for the ordeal to be over.

Lr
Oct 11, 2018

Comments

• Et
      11th of Oct, 2018

Dear Lawrence, we know your time is valuable and we sincerely apologize for your installation delay. We'll be in touch with you shortly to discuss the completion of your job, thank you.