Empire Today / did not install what was promised

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

had hired Empire Today to install carpet in my house on 6/27/09. The installers came and installed carpet on bedrooms and stairs, but they did NOT install carpet on the entrance hallway leading up to the stairs. The order form states "Hallway" is included, and our sales representative Mr. Joseph Orelien had mentioned stairs and hallway in the price quoted.
The installers said they had no more carpet left to do the entrance hallway and left. I did NOT sign the complete installation page. I intend to dispute your charge.
When I called the sales rep, he said Empire will have to charge me MORE money to do the entrance hallway as only top hallway was included, I WAS MISINFORMED and was assured that BOTH hallways would be carpeted.
I have digital pictures of the entrance hallway that has little carpet padding thrown on it and is UNFINISHED, and NOT carpeted as promised to me by Empire. The rep. wants to charge me more money to do the job right. This is unacceptable!
I chose Empire Today after reading about good customer service and fast installation PROMISES, I was offer NEITHER. I am extremely unsatisfied with my experience with Empire Today and I will post this on EVERY internet discussion board I can find to inform other consumers to BEWARE of Empire Today unless my issue is resolved

Comments

Co
  16th of Jul, 2009

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
Consumer Advocate Team
Empire Today, LLC

Da
  27th of Jul, 2011

BEWARE DON'T LET THEIR COMMERCIALS FOOL YOU! TRUST ME - TOTAL RIP OFF!!! EVEN WITH THEIR BUY ONE ROOM GET OTHERS FREE A RIP OFF. I SUGGEST PLEASE CHECKING THEIR COMPLAINT PAGE. DON'T LET MY NIGHTMARE BECOME YOURS!!!It is totally unacceptable that this company promises so much and delivers so little. My problem with Empire is how they OVER CHARGE WHILE USING THE LOWEST QUALITY MATERIALS AND INSTALLERS!!! I believe they pick guys off corners looking for day work and have them come do installation. Customer Service becomes null once you have a problem.Their INSTALLERS DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT LEAVING SPACE FOR THE FLOORING TO EXPAND. Needless to say when it started to expand and BUBBLE they had NOTHING! to do with me. THEY NEED TO BE RUN OUT OF BUSINESS W/ALL THE COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THE COMMERCIALS ONCE AGAIN DON'T LET MY NIGHTMARE BECOME YOUR! RUN FAST SOME WHERE ELSE!!!.