[Resolved] Empire Today / laminated floor

1 San Diego, CA, United States

I was just hung up on by Robert Produtto! (last name could be spelled wrong)
This guy was so rude that I would never want to do business with a company that has employees like this!!

I hired Empire to do my floor and they did it wrong, It had pot holes in it when you walked on it. They did not finish the job because not only did it have pot holes it also was cut wrong where you can see where the cut the tile in some areas, like there was on 3 pieces cut into squares!

My husband called them and told them the problem and they said they would send the guy back to pick up his stuff and redo the part that he did. When the guy showed back up he than proceeded to tell me that Empire told him that we said he was sloppy and he cut the tile bad and he left his stuff all over the house and the street etc. I didn't know what to say because i felt bad and scared at the same time. I didn't expect empire to tell the guy all that stuff and then send him to me. ..I didn't know what to do or how to explain because Im not a floor specialist!!

I immediately called empire and ask did they tell the guy all that stuff and he said yea they did that's how they teach their employees!!... I told empire that I felt that was unprofessional to send the guy to me to talk about what was wrong with the floor. I was embarrassed and scared at the same time because how do I know that guy isnt going to get mad at us and come back to my house?!
He ignored me and said, we will just send someone else to fix the floor, at this point I told him he was ignoring my concerns with everything, from doing the floor wrong in the first place and telling the guy those things about us!
I cancelled the order and I have been sitting in a cold and uninstalled house for 2 weeks! Today they finally said they would cancel my order and pick up the rest of their stuff but they were not sure they could refund my money!!! And to top that off the guy hung up on me!

Im so hurt and angry, I know I have to call BBB and go through this fight to get my money refunded even tho everything was their fault and that guy is rude!

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Dec 08, 2017

Dear Helena,
    We've read your post, and we're disappointed to hear your concerns regarding your tile installation. We'd like to know more, but are unable to locate your order with the information provided. Please email us at customersupport@empire-today.com and provide the phone number and street address linked to your order. We look forward to further assisting you.
    Thank you.