[Resolved] Empire Today / installation for hard surface flooring

1 Northlake Illinois, United States

9/6/18
My Client # is 1-BKA080 On 8/18 Josh Skoba came and gave me an in home sale for laminate flooring and carpet for the stairs. I paid $592 at the time. We set up an appointment for 8/25 for the laminate installation and the carpet installation on 8/27. He told me that the afternoon for the 27th would be ok therefore I took 1/2 day vacation. They called on the 25th to say they would be here between 2-4. They arrived at 5:00 and left at 7. They did not complete the job and left the materials that weren't installed. On the 27th I took off the afternoon from work and they called to say they would be here between 8 and 10. I told them I wouldn't be home till 12 and they cancelled the appoint and made me reschule. I had to take a vacation day to be here for the rescheduled date of 8/30. We rescheduled both the stair carpeting and completion of the laminated floors. They both called in the morning to say they would be here between 9 and 11. The carpet installer came by 9 and completed before the hard floor installer came at 10:30. The hard floor installer did not have enough materials to complete the job. I was off work Thursday and scheduled a 3rd appoint for 9/6 to complete the hard floor installation. Just received a call saying they didn't have the materials and could not tell me when they would. The reference number for the reschedule was 1-[protected]. I have paid the full amount of $2592.00 for this installation and am going on a 3rd week of my home being torn up. I try to communicate with others than customer service as I am not getting any satisfaction but they will not give me a contact. Could anyone tell me when this will be completed? I've even called a couple of times the salesman who gave me his card in case there were any problems and he won't return my calls. My next step will be to contact the Better Business Bureau as I am looking for the World Class Customer Service mentioned on your voicemail. I would like this installation to be complete and feel I am owed some compensation for the time I've had to take off work.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Sep 06, 2018

Nancy, we're sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We've located your order, and we'll be in touch with you shortly.

Na