[Resolved] Empire Today / flooring/tile

Westerville, OH, United States

For 12 years I would dream about the day that I could get new flooring for my house. Finally in January of 2017, I bit the bullet and called for a consultation. A overly friendly man, that was also a minister, showed up at my house and sold me on new flooring for my entire house, it was during their 1/2 off sale. I was so nervous and so excited all at the same time, it was a huge expense that would require a home equity line of credit, but it was time. I picked out my wood flooring, carpet and tile. He made sure I signed all the papers correctly and left my house. A few days later, I received a call that the wood flooring I picked out was not available now. A flooring that he said was the best of the best, but they would exchange it for a different flooring for no additional cost? How could it be no additional cost when I was told it was the TOP of the line flooring? They had me pick out new flooring and after many calls and no answer from customer service, I finally got ahold of someone and they gave me a $500 credit for my troubles and downgrade in flooring. Oh yes, keep in mind that my salesman, the minister, has never returned a single phone call and I'm told by customer service, I have to go through them now to not contact my salesman, the minister, who promised me he would be with me every step of the way! WRONG!! He was nowhere to be found and seemed to be blocking all my calls at this point. My install date change twice, finally getting them to show up, hours late, they began the install. What was supposed to take one day, took 3, all days I had to take off work. The installers were very sweet, but spoke no English, and destroyed on title floor landing, thinking it was to be redone also (it was not). After all was done, the overall look is very nice, but several things needed fixed and I have several spots on my wood floors that had small chunks out of the wood. I made an appointment for them to come and redo the issues I had, only for them to cancel on my the morning of my appointment, after I took off work any everything. I made another appointment, having my mom come from out of town to be there since I couldn't take off any more work and they once again cancelled. Since then, the floors have shifted and it sound like you are walking across breaking glass, the spots that were chipped are now getting bigger AND I can't get anyone to call me back from customer service. I have a friend here also that has had the exact same problems with her floors and can't get a call back. We have contacted the local TV station to see if they are interested in doing a spot light on Empire Today and their poor customer service. I can not believe I waited 12 years for this and just like that my excitement over new floors was ruined by a company that was supposed to have excellent flooring and customer service. If you live in Ohio, beware of this company and the salesman that makes you believe he is a minister with a heart of gold selling you the best. It's all a lie.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Sep 21, 2017

Dear Hilary,
    This not the experience that we expect for our customers, and sincerely regret to hear that this was your experience. We'll be following up with you soon to discuss this matter further, and start working towards a resolution.
    Thank you.