Empire Today / sub standard flooring!

1 4985 Lima StDenver, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800 588 2300

To have Empire return the full amount of money paid for flooring. Remove cherry flooring and replace with carpeting of same quality they removed prior to installing floors. Feb 2007 had Empire install cherry floors in my townhouse. In all rooms plus stairs at a cost of $14, 000. This was done to improve my home and make it sale ready. In early November I removed a rug in dining room. The color under the rug is greatly different from the area around it. I called Empire and was told it would take a week, then a month, then six months and now they state perhaps never to have an evenly colored floor. The entire house is the same, I had rugs and furniture leave uneven colors in every room. This is a liability to my home. I was unable to sell it and had to rent it due to the decrease in value.

Empire Today LLC strives for complete customer satisfaction. Empire has explained to the customer that the reddish- brown color darkens to a deep red with exposure to light. The customer was also told that the distinctive grain patterns enhance Brazilian Cherry's natural beauty, and that the flooring has the most dramatic and desirable reaction to light exposure. All of this information was listed on the sample that was shown the customer at the time of the sales appointment. The area that has darkened is the area that was not covered with customer’s area rug.

The above is Empires response. I have a copy of the disclosures given by Empire at time of sale and will attach that. I did sign that and no mention of different colors is made in that document. I did not read the above text on the sample of Brazilian Cherry, but even if I did it would not tell me not to place furniture or rugs on the floor. No mention is made of different colors. Had I known that if I placed furniture and rugs on the floors would result in different floor colors I would never have had the work done. I will enclose black and white photographs of the damage done to my home. These were taken months after removal of dining rug and no improvement can be seen. These photographs are not as good as the color ones, I can email color prints to you.

Please act of this as I do not want any other Colorado resident to suffer such a liability by installing Empire Flooring.

Comments

• Mr
      11th of Apr, 2008

Another satisfied customer!!! Helena Knight, I think you and I should get together to discuss your floors over a couple of martinis. Then I can accompany you back to your townhouse and take a good look from behind while you are on all fours, if you know what I mean...

• He
      23rd of Apr, 2008

At no time during the sales process was I informed that the floors would like like checker board squares when I placed rugs and furniture on them. I am in the process of credit card dispute and mediation.

Do not deal with this company. What the average person would consider unacceptable they consider normal discoloration.

Helena

• Kh
      31st of Mar, 2010

every wood floor is going to discolor unless its a laminate because a laminate is pre-faded so its physically impossible to fade

so this shows nothing to the quality of the service or the product only that you don't have common sense or basic product knowledge. Had you gone with any other company out there we'd see the same complaint from you with another company's name in there