[Resolved] Empire Today / contract and disputed total cost

5/17/18 - original appointment scheduled and confirmed. Sales rep called to reschedule on 5/18. We had the customer, Beck Garcia, travel to the house specifically to meet the sales rep and they cancelled at the last minute.

5/18/18 - sales rep met with the customer, Becky Garcia and performed the estimate. She chose the carpet and Vinyl, and specified what work was to be done.

5/24/18 - received a call from Carl, sales rep, and reviewed the quote. The quote came out to about $6000. I had made it clear to Carl that $6000 was too much and that I had another carpet/Vinyl company do a home in California for $4000 and it was bigger. I made it clear that he need to bring the price down. We agreed to meet on Saturday 5/26 at the customer's address, 817 Center St, at noon to discuss further.

5/26/18 -

12 Noon. Carl was running late and arrived at 1pm.

Carl, Becky (customer) and I sat down to negotiate the terms. Again, we had made it clear to Carl that $6000 was too much and that I had another carpet/Vinyl company do a home in California for $4000 and it was bigger. We made it clear that he need to bring the price way down.

I had stated to Carl if we could not bring the price down significantly, we would go somewhere else.

We also would be removing the carpet and Vinyl ourselves to further reduce the cost, and we did not want Vinyl in the master bathroom as we were going to install clay tile ourselves

Carl said that with our carpet and Vinyl choice, he could bring the price down to $2900 TOTAL (carpet and tiling), provided that we take out the carpet and the Vinyl ourselves and the master bathroom would not be done.

Carl, Becky (customer) and I agreed on the total price of $2900 for carpet and Vinyl .

Carl had said that he would have to go back to the office to redo the contract to reflect the price negotiated and also remove the work to take out carpet, Vinyl and Vinyl in the master bathroom reflected on the contract and send me the updated contract, but I could go ahead and sign the contract as is today to get things going.

Carl said that he would credit back the work to take out carpet, Vinyl and Vinyl in the master bathroom to bring the price down to $2900 after the work was completed. We agreed.

We agreed to pay the difference between the amount above $2900 that included removal of the carpet and Vinyl and Vinyl the master bathroom, which would be refunded later and bring the total amount to $2900. I was expecting the difference to be roughly ~$600

I was approved for financing for $2500 and paid a deposit of $613.21.

Carl reviewed the contract with us. I asked about reviewing the final pricing and he said he would need to go back to the office to make the changes; Carl did not review the negotiated pricing with us during contract review which I signed under the premise that the total work would have cost $2900.

We agreed to have the Vinyl installed on 6/8 and the Carpet installed on 6/11.

6/7/18

7:45am - I called Carl and left a message asking about the updated contract.

7:49am - Carl called back but did not leave a message.

6/8/18

Empire vinyl installers arrived at the location as scheduled

The Vinyl installers demanded Cash on Delivery (COD) before start of work

This is never communicated to me. I was furious as I was under the impression that this was financed. We called EMPIRE and eventually were able to have the workers install the Vinyl

6/11/18

The customer arrived onsite as agreed. Empire called me and had stated that they needed to reschedule as the carpet hadn't made it to the warehouse yet.

The customer was upset that again, she arrived as scheduled and another appointment was cancelled.

6/13/18

Received confirmation email of the carpeting installation appointment on 6/14.

6/14/18

9:27am - EMPIRE called and informed me that the carpet still has not arrived in their Chicago warehouse and wanted to reschedule again for a few more weeks out. I told them that this was not a good option. They would call me back to see what could be done.

9:35am - received a call informing me that the installers would be in on Saturday 6/16 to install the carpet.

6/15/18

Received confirmation email of the carpeting installation appointment on 6/16.

6/16/18

EMPIRE carpet installers arrive and start work. Once again, they demanded Cash on Delivery (COD)

I called Carl and he did not remember the terms of our agreement and had stated, "well, you signed the agreement".

I called EMPIRE and they were confused and the total price as she (Brissa) said that Carl never told her what it was. I asked to speak with a manager.

Brissa handed me off to Carlos, a customer service agent, who I thought was the manager at the time as I had requested. I explained the negotiated terms to him.

Carlos had said that he needed to investigate what happened and that we needed to reschedule carpet installation. I stated that that wasn't possible

The only way to get the carpet installed was if I paid $2781 immediately, which I paid immediately..

Carlos stated he would get back to me, but he never did.

• Resolution statement

• Empire Today Customer Care's Response, Jul 26, 2018

James, thank you for making us aware of this matter. We sincerely apologize for your experience, and we'll be in touch with your shortly to start working on a resolution, thank you.

Ch